Sam
swedeinestonia
bigpygme
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Don't Go, Tom Thibodeau - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Go, Tom Thibodeau

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:19 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Well, Danny, why don't you just come out and say you've got no plan to keep him?

dbrown,

I do believe that is what he is saying.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:29 pm

GYSO

In college my cross country coach liked to do warm ups in small groups and once he said " you 2 over there............form a circle."

He was a grandfather in reality and to us runners too, very nice man. (sort of Samish)

Another little story about him.

One day I was running a bit late to practice as the guys were warming up and I was heading to the locker room to change.

He yelled over to me 'Hey Tiger' which he called all of us, as I think he had trouble with names. So I ran over to see what he wanted and he pulled out a photo of his newest grandson.........he was sooooo pround. "Look at him, isn't he a beaut, he'll be a very good runner." I took the photo from coach and held it up sort of next to his face and said " Coach, I think the little guy looks just like you!" A beaming Coach replied , "You really think so?" I said yeah, he doesn't have any hair on his head either." Poor coach he was taken back a bit but then I said I was kidding. But neither did have any hair!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Hornets pass on Thibs, hire Monty Williams:

Sources: Williams to become Hornets coach

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 17 minutes ago

After pulling an offer to Tom Thibodeau, the New Orleans Hornets and Portland Trail Blazers assistant Monty Williams have agreed to the framework of a three-year contract for him to become the team’s head coach, a source briefed on the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

Hornets GM Jeff Bower abandoned his courtship of Thibodeau, a Boston Celtics assistant, on Friday afternoon, and entered into discussions with Williams to take the job. The source says the team will hold an option for the third season of the deal.

Hornets star Chris Paul was a strong advocate for Williams’ hire, and sources say he was hoping Bower would turn to the Blazers’ respected assistant.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:23 pm

6/5/10

A source tells the New York Daily News that Tom Thibodeau is close to finalizing a deal to become the next head coach of the Bulls.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 am

bobh,

I wish there was a sarcasm button in e-mail. I should have put it in parentheses or something. I was just pissed that Danny didn't show him an "After Doc leaves, this kingdom is yours plan". Hell, if I were Doc and the Celtics wrap this thing up, I'd go out on top this year for sure.

If this is part of the get LeBron to CHI plan and LeBron buys in, it's not going to bode well for Tom. After coming from a team oriented approach to having to put up with a player/coach, OK coach, LeBron, it can only spell more of the doom that LeBron experienced in CLE, which I'll love, but not at the expense of Tom. This will be Mike Brown, Jr. Thib will break the LeBron wall down a little but not enough to win even one championship.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2