The Glimmer Thread 2018

5 posters

Go down

The Glimmer Thread 2018 Empty The Glimmer Thread 2018

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:13 pm

The Glimmer Thread 2018 Captur10

"In the meantime, I've decided to christen this "THE GLIMMER THREAD," to be devoted to an accumulation of the "positive glimmers" noted in Celtics games. Anyone is welcome to contribute. Opposing viewpoints are welcome on other threads, including any threads that may be started specifically for that purpose."

dboss found this. I think we should pin it here for a while.

In another thread we've been discussing Sam's old Glimmer Thread and his intent for it. The final line, shown here in bold, sums up his thoughts.

Sam was looking for "positive glimmers." He welcomed opposing viewpoints, just as long as they were in other threads.

It seems the feeling is this thread should be revived and preserved

So let's have at it. In honor of Sam. Positively.

Last edited by NYCelt on Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

The Glimmer Thread 2018 Empty Re: The Glimmer Thread 2018

Post by dboss Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:44 pm

NyCelt

I think this is a good idea. Let's do this and we must be mindful to stay on point. It is easy to pile a lot of extraneous side comments that have little to do with the concept of this glimmer thread. It will deal with the positive as it relates to players and the team.

I get it and I am down with it.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:14 pm

dboss wrote:NyCelt

I think this is a good idea.  Let's do this and we must be mindful to stay on point.  It is easy to pile a lot of extraneous side comments that have little to do with the concept of this glimmer thread.  It will deal with the  positive as it relates to players and the team.

I get it and I am down with it.

dboss,

Really just following your lead on this.

We need to keep it short, to-the-point & positive.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:33 pm

This thread was a sticky, but now it has been set free.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:14 am

Tatum 5-9 from 3, went for 27 tonight. Last game had 21 and plethora of clever inside moves. He is not the finished product yet, but I wouldn’t bet against this kid....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:29 am

I don’t know if this is a glimmer, but Tyson Chandlers game clinching block on last play shows there will always still be a place for a defensive anchor in today’s game. Hope we can get Robert Williams some minutes so that he can be helpful down road, sooner the better IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:20 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:I don’t know if this is a glimmer, but Tyson Chandlers game clinching block on last play shows there will always still be a place for a defensive anchor in today’s game. Hope we can get Robert Williams some minutes so that he can be helpful down road, sooner the better IMHO.

cowens

I saw some game highlights of Mitchell Robinson of the Knicks in his game against the Magic. In 22 minutes the 20 year old 7'0" 225 lb rookie center had 9 blocks. He might be a player to keep an eye on. He's been getting considerable playing time with the Knicks.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:17 am

Swish I know all about him, a Camby clone. If we didn’t draft Williams, I wanted Robinson.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:17 pm

The Glimmer i see is that Both Kyrie and Tatum are shooting the ball well now and more closely resemble what they could do last year.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:19 am

Here is a glimmer that is very positive.

Everyone here knows that I am a traditionalist when it comes to Boston Celtics basketball. That is the reason why I continually talk about fast break basketball.

The Celtics averaged 9.6 PPG last year on fast breaks. This year they are up to 16.6 PPG. That is a 7 point per game increase and the most of any team in the NBA. Fast break basketball is one very important variable to score easy baskets by accelerating the pace of the game. Other top 10 teams include GSW, Raptors, OKC, Bucks, Sixers and Pacers.

I think this may be the brightest glimmer I have seen this season.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:52 am

And if we could rebound we could run even better, with players like Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Kyrie, Williams....this team is built for beautiful fast break basketball.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:56 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:And if we could rebound we could run even better, with players like Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Kyrie, Williams....this team is built for beautiful fast break basketball.

Cow

No doubt we have the athletes to get up and down as well as the depth to sustain that pace. Rebounding is one of the most important elements that allows a team o get out and run. The ability to fast break even after made baskets is really a mindset designed to accelerate the transition that takes place from defense to offense. Keep the other team on their heels, do not give them time to set up their halfcourt defense.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:47 am

dboss wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:And if we could rebound we could run even better, with players like Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Kyrie, Williams....this team is built for beautiful fast break basketball.

Cow

No doubt we have the athletes to get up and down as well as the depth to sustain that pace.  Rebounding is one of the most important elements that allows a team o get out and run.  The ability to fast break even after made baskets is really a mindset designed to accelerate the transition that takes place from defense to offense.  Keep the other team on their heels, do not give them time to set up their halfcourt defense.

Agreed we need that mindset and Magic Johnson....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down