Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer?

+11
Phil Pressey
cowens/oldschool
k_j_88
fierce
dboss
NYCelt
swish
RosalieTCeltics
dbrown4
mrkleen09
bobheckler
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer?

Post by dboss Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:26 pm

swish wrote:dboss                                                                                                                                                        
        Convivial yes - but when both sides are miles apart it's time to call it a day.

swish

I agree Swish...time to call it a day.

Phil, all of us have room for improvement
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer?

Post by dboss Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Phil my brother you are all over the highway like a drunk driver
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:50 pm

To all and no one in particular.

I'm not into playing police officer today. The good part about that is it looks like it's not needed.

Those of us tasked with following these threads note when the stress level gets up there, and then try to solve the issue. It appears, however, that various board members have already taken care of it.

No need to get carried away. State an opinion and move on.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:02 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Don’t worry we are not getting Jimmy Butler, he’s digging his own grave by being a diva that picks which games he plays. Can’t believe management puts up with that. Does he think rest of league doesn’t notice this?

And no one would be stupid enough to trade Jaylen Brown and Rozier for JJ Redick, yes he really suggested that would help our team....I find his comments mildly amusing, delusional and pathetic.

I never suggested trading trading Brown and Rozier for Redick.

What I said was the Celts are better off with a true SG like Redick.

Trade doesn't even work as salaries of Rozier and Brown don't match Redick's salary.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:06 pm

swish wrote:Since it's quite possible that fierce is certain that his opinions on this subject are very accurate - those that are possitive that he is wrong - might try ignoring his post on this subject - and let time provide the answer.

swish

Agree!

Even Rosalie is starting to get frustrated and disappointed with play of the Celts.

Give it 10 more games.
If the Celts are still not in the top 2 in the standings of the east, Ainge will do something about the roster.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Boston Celtics
✔️
@celtics
Kyrie says that the team needs to learn to execute and use better shot selection down the stretch of tight games. He said too many 3s were forced tonight.

12:43 PM - Nov 6, 2018
367 people are talking about this
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:00 am

Phil Pressey wrote:Some regulars break the conviviality clause with impunity while the rest of us are forced to walk on eggshells.

True that! EVERYONE has a right to express their opinion on this board.  Where in the by-laws does it say you can only opine once on a subject?  If anyone is tired of hearing from another one, ignore him/her and move on.
Some folks want to regulate even if they’ve not been designated regulators.
If someone posts something that I disagree with I ain’t losing no sleep over it. It’s not gonna kill my spirit. It can only do that if one lets it. Now... back to the countdown!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:18 am

fierce wrote:I never suggested trading trading Brown and Rozier for Redick.

Trade doesn't even work as salaries of Rozier and Brown don't match Redick's salary.

It actually seems like you did.

From the "Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer?" thread:

fierce wrote:Since all you guys don't want Jimmy Butler, Celts are better off trading 2 for 1.

We need a true SG like JJ Redick.

Celts are better off trading Rozier and Brown for someone like Redick.

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:07 pm

gyso wrote:
fierce wrote:I never suggested trading trading Brown and Rozier for Redick.

It actually seems like you did.

From the "Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer?" thread:

fierce wrote:Since all you guys don't want Jimmy Butler, Celts are better off trading 2 for 1.

We need a true SG like JJ Redick.

Celts are better off trading Rozier and Brown for someone like Redick.

"Someone like Redick", that's what I said.

I check my trade proposals through the ESPN trade machine.
Redick for Brown and Rozier does not work.

What I mean by someone like Redick is a true SG who can knock down 3s on a regular basis.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:
Phil Pressey wrote:Some regulars break the conviviality clause with impunity while the rest of us are forced to walk on eggshells.

True that! EVERYONE has a right to express their opinion on this board.  Where in the by-laws does it say you can only opine once on a subject?  If anyone is tired of hearing from another one, ignore him/her and move on.
If someone posts something that I disagree with I ain’t losing no sleep over it. It’s not gonna kill my spirit. It can only do that if one lets it. Now... back to the countdown!

+1

As long as no one is being disrespectful, they should be allowed to express their thoughts and opinions. I don't agree with Fierce at this point, but what he saying is a valid take given the Celtics performance so far. Again, not a take I agree with, but it is in no way crazy or ridiculous, and he has not shown any disrespect. We are all fans here, but if we start censoring anyone who tries to point out negatives about the team, the coach, or the management, then this board will morph into a pretty dull place.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote: As long as no one is being disrespectful, they should be allowed to express their thoughts and opinions. I don't agree with Fierce at this point, but what he saying is a valid take given the Celtics performance so far. Again, not a take I agree with, but it is in no way crazy or ridiculous, and he has not shown any disrespect.  We are all fans here, but if we start censoring anyone who tries to point out negatives about the team, the coach, or the management, then this board will morph into a pretty dull place.

I actually fully support Fierce or anyone else making any point they like. Doesnt even have to be "valid", he is a long time member and deserves the right to speak his mind.

BUT when you post the same repetitive drivel, over and over - 10 or 15 times in EVERY THREAD you are well past expressing your thoughts - you are simply acting like a redundant, whiney, pain in the ass. And if you all think that is his right, then it is just as much the right of Cowens or myself or DBoss to call him out on his non productive bullshit.

It is about keeping the board full of reasonable productive conversations. Censorship has nothing to do with it Shamrock and Ktronic.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:01 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:  As long as no one is being disrespectful, they should be allowed to express their thoughts and opinions. I don't agree with Fierce at this point, but what he saying is a valid take given the Celtics performance so far. Again, not a take I agree with, but it is in no way crazy or ridiculous, and he has not shown any disrespect.  We are all fans here, but if we start censoring anyone who tries to point out negatives about the team, the coach, or the management, then this board will morph into a pretty dull place.

I actually fully support Fierce or anyone else making any point they like.  Doesnt even have to be "valid", he is a long time member and deserves the right to speak his mind.  

BUT when you post the same repetitive drivel, over and over - 10 or 15 times in EVERY THREAD you are well past expressing your thoughts - you are simply acting like a redundant, whiney, pain in the ass.   And if you all think that is his right, then it is just as much the right of Cowens or myself or DBoss to call him out on his non productive bullshit.

It is about keeping the board full of reasonable productive conversations.  Censorship has nothing to do with it Shamrock and Ktronic.  

Kleen

You nailed it. It is akin to being trolled on our own forum.

I hope he gets the message.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:15 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:  As long as no one is being disrespectful, they should be allowed to express their thoughts and opinions. I don't agree with Fierce at this point, but what he saying is a valid take given the Celtics performance so far. Again, not a take I agree with, but it is in no way crazy or ridiculous, and he has not shown any disrespect.  We are all fans here, but if we start censoring anyone who tries to point out negatives about the team, the coach, or the management, then this board will morph into a pretty dull place.

I actually fully support Fierce or anyone else making any point they like.  Doesnt even have to be "valid", he is a long time member and deserves the right to speak his mind.  

BUT when you post the same repetitive drivel, over and over - 10 or 15 times in EVERY THREAD you are well past expressing your thoughts - you are simply acting like a redundant, whiney, pain in the ass.   And if you all think that is his right, then it is just as much the right of Cowens or myself or DBoss to call him out on his non productive bullshit.

It is about keeping the board full of reasonable productive conversations.  Censorship has nothing to do with it Shamrock and Ktronic.  

Kleen,

You could have worded your middle paragraph a little less, um, unconvivial.  I get what you are saying, but I think the point being made here is that we moderators and other members are showing favoritism by not being consistent across the board.  They are saying that we are remiss at not trying to treat everyone the same.

My excuse is that all of us admin type guys have busy lives and careers away from this board and we do not always have time to step in every time someone gets a toe outside of the line.  This ain't no paying gig.  That being said, whenever the PM's start building up on one complaint or another, we do have to address the issue.  We usually discuss each issue between us and then make NYCelt be the heavy.   Very Happy   Seriously, he's the most diplomatic one and his choice of words beat mine all to hell.  Much of NYCelt's work on this subject is behind the scene, via PM.  Nobody sees that, except the folks that need redirecting.

Maybe I am sharing too much, but it seems that a couple of the guys that are complaining about this the most are the ones that have forced our hand in the past. Not all, just a couple of them.  You know who you are, I'm not going to name names.   That just takes some of the shine off of this apple (I like that phrase, thanks).  I'll just leave it at that.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Issues like this should be dealt with by the Moderators. Pass on your disatisfactions to them and let them determine if any course of action should be taken.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:01 pm

I will add one thing. We always hope that you all solve most of the issues yourselves, with out our intervention. It does happen that way sometimes which is a good thing. Agree to disagree then move on is our hope.

Our intent is not to micromanage the board and, aren't we routing for the same team?

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:

+1

As long as no one is being disrespectful, they should be allowed to express their thoughts and opinions. I don't agree with Fierce at this point, but what he saying is a valid take given the Celtics performance so far. Again, not a take I agree with, but it is in no way crazy or ridiculous, and he has not shown any disrespect.  We are all fans here, but if we start censoring anyone who tries to point out negatives about the team, the coach, or the management, then this board will morph into a pretty dull place.
Absolutely!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:23 pm

dboss wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:

Kleen

You nailed it.  It is akin to being trolled on our own forum.  

I hope he gets the message.

No buts. Its either or. What I may think is repeated drivel does not give me the right to tell someone to shut up. Its all about dialogue. Also, Name calling does not fall under the "Convivial" category. No matter how pissed off someone makes another, No one has the right to call someone out of their name.
Call him out? Yes! Call him or her out of their name? Negative! Believe me, I love a good fight but this aint the place to have it if you cant be "convivial"
Whoops! There goes that word again.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:  
No buts. Its either or. What I may think is repeated drivel does not give me the right to tell someone to shut up. Its all about dialogue. Also, Name calling does not fall under the "Convivial" category. No matter how pissed off someone makes another, No one has the right to call someone out of their name.
Call him out? Yes! Call him or her out of their name? Negative! Believe me, I love a good fight but this aint the place to have it if you cant be "convivial"

If you and the few that are defending Fierce out here cannot see that repeatedly posting the same thing over and over and over isnt adding anything positive to the board, I dont know what to tell you.  

No one is tell him or you or anyone else to shut up.  But beating a dead horse is a sure way to kill conversation and turn this place into a bore that long time contributors will avoid.

Make your point.  Argue said point.  Come back and argue that point again.  But at some point you have to let it go.  

When you see a thread where Fierce has 2, 3, 4 or more posts IN A ROW - he is basically arguing with himself.  That is not conducive to positive conversation and if you cant see that, you need to take the blinders off.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Why in heck do some posters, who find this particular topic to be such a bore because of one persons domination, continue to respond ? Why not just ignore this thread. You don't need an ignore button.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:26 pm

swish wrote:Why in heck do some posters, who find this particular topic to be such a bore because of one persons domination, continue to respond ? Why not just ignore this thread. You don't need an ignore button.

swish

Swish if you think this is about one or two threads, you are not paying attention.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:43 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
swish wrote:Why in heck do some posters, who find this particular topic to be such a bore because of one persons domination, continue to respond ? Why not just ignore this thread. You don't need an ignore button.

swish

Swish if you think this is about one or two threads, you are not paying attention.

Then walk away from all his comments.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:53 pm

swish wrote:
Then walk away from all his comments.

swish

Bullshit.  I am not going to walk away from a board full of friends that I have been posting on for a decade because someone refuses to display restraint.

I think I am just going to post one purple dove, for every time I see Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, JJ Reddick.  If people dont like it, they can just walk away Rolling Eyes

Are the Celtics relying too much on the 3-pointer? - Page 2 Giphy
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:06 pm

Nice dove, but couldn't you find something else just as annoying, yet green?  alien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:07 am

mrkleen09 wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:  

If you and the few that are defending Fierce out here cannot see that repeatedly posting the same thing over and over and over isnt adding anything positive to the board, I dont know what to tell you.  

No one is tell him or you or anyone else to shut up.  But beating a dead horse is a sure way to kill conversation and turn this place into a bore that long time contributors will avoid.

Make your point.  Argue said point.  Come back and argue that point again.  But at some point you have to let it go.  

When you see a thread where Fierce has 2, 3, 4 or more posts IN A ROW - he is basically arguing with himself.  That is not conducive to positive conversation and if you cant see that, you need to take the blinders off.
My eyesight is perfect..with glasses. I hear what you are saying but for me if I tire of a subject or someone posting on that subject I don’t continue to respond. You say “make and argue your point but at some point let it go”. I don’t disagree but I have to ask, Who decides when that point to move on and let go is. That’s where some of the angst gets started. For example, You or I Opine and go back and forth several times and what happens is that someone else jumps in the fray and its usually ThEM who are the first to say let it go because they may be sick and tired of seeing/hearing it even though the dialogue started between the 2 of us. Ive seen it numerous time, that same person who said enough is enough is the same person that belabors a point when its their point they’re trying to make.
So, who decides when enough is enough? And who decides what exactly is positive conversation? There probably is no answer to that. What doesn’t annoy me may very well annoy you. So, I think we just have to be respectable. Argue, disagree but be respectable even if you feel like strangling someone on here. We Sports fans tend to get emotional and it can be fun. But cursing, name calling and/or disrespecting someone else’s opinion is not what the core of this site is about...so I’ve been told. But i hear ya and I respect your opinion.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:52 am

It's also unfair if someone responds to my post and I don't reply.

I'm just responding to posters who reply to my posts.

Like the Kawhi Leonard issue.
As soon as Kawhi got traded to the Raps, I let it go.

But I had to say that those who said Kawhi is done and will never return to form, because of his injury, were all wrong.

Only reason why Kawhi didn't become a Celtic is he refused to commit to the Celts long term.
Ainge was ready to pull the trigger.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next