Celtics owner endorses "Time Lord" nickname for Robert Williams

2 posters

Go down

Celtics owner endorses "Time Lord" nickname for Robert Williams Empty Celtics owner endorses "Time Lord" nickname for Robert Williams

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:55 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/celtics-owner-endorses-time-lord-021011584.html

Celtics owner endorses "Time Lord" nickname for Robert Williams

Dave Green,NBC Sports Boston 16 hours ago

It's one of the more hotly contested debates on the Boston sports scene. Which nickname do you prefer for Robert Williams?

Is it "Time Lord"? Is it Danny Ainge's suggestion of "Lob Williams"? How about the nickname his sister calls him: "Boo Butt"? Or some of the other options thrown out there from Celtics Twitter?

Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck joined Mike Gorman and Brian Scalabrine during the second quarter of Wednesday night's game against the Suns, and he's on board with "Time Lord."

"I think it's a great name," said Grousbeck, before throwing some shade at Ainge's clubhouse favorite. "It's certainly better than 'Lob Williams.' "

Beyond the nickname, Grousbeck appreciates the effort Williams has put forth in his rookie season.

"I think he's put the work in -- hard work -- in the background at practice. Living next to the practice facility, and really focusing. And so I think 'Time Lord' and all that, I think it's a great name. It's funny, and it's one of those names that probably will stick... He's playing great. He's got so much talent."

Williams will have the opportunity to earn even more playing time for the Celtics now that Aron Baynes will likely miss an extended period of time with a broken hand.

bob
MY NOTE:  He who writes the checks, wins.  Get over it Danny and Robert.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics owner endorses "Time Lord" nickname for Robert Williams Empty Re: Celtics owner endorses "Time Lord" nickname for Robert Williams

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:37 pm

Days of the week mean nothing to The Time Lord.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/1082005607484481536/photo/1

Celtics owner endorses "Time Lord" nickname for Robert Williams DwQOXLbXgAAV6Cx?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics owner endorses "Time Lord" nickname for Robert Williams Empty Re: Celtics owner endorses "Time Lord" nickname for Robert Williams

Post by worcester Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Days? What are days? We know nothing of days here in space.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down