RosalieTCeltics
mrkleen09
LACELTFAN
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Fool Rushes In Empty A Fool Rushes In

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:36 am

Where wise men fear to tread...right? So here goes: My heart tells me, Celtics in 5, but when I really take a look
at the matchup, I have to admit, the Lakers have the edge. I hate it, but it's what I see. I think that the Lakers just have too much talent to end up like Orlando or Cleveland. If the playoff Celtics show up, it will be agonizingly close much of the way but I think that the Celtics have almost no margin for error in order to win it all...they need just about everything to fall their way and the Lakers don't. In the end, the C's won't be able to stop the inside game of the Lakers enough to succeed. All things being equal, I think that the Lakers have a better than 50-50 chance of repeating.
The good news for Celtic fans is that I picked the Lakers back in 08. I would love to proven wrong again!
GO CELTICS!!!
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

A Fool Rushes In Empty Re: A Fool Rushes In

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:44 am

LA - not sure where this 'no margin for error" comes from.

Celtics have better PG play - Better SG play - Better Bench Play - More Physical players - and are basically equal at PF and Center.

The only place the Lakers have an advantage is at SG - and Ray Allen is sure to go for 25 at least once or twice in this series...so the Celtics are not totally over matched at that position either.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Come on now, give my guy more than two good games!! Not necessarily 25 plus points, just 18-20. If Pierce is on, and KG is doing well, there is a much
better shot at the Celtics winning. One game at least in LA, I believe it!!
Bring the boys home and we will cheer them on from here!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:44 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Come on now, give my guy more than two good games!! Not necessarily 25 plus points, just 18-20. If Pierce is on, and KG is doing well, there is a much
better shot at the Celtics winning. One game at least in LA, I believe it!!
Bring the boys home and we will cheer them on from here!
Rosalie,
I'm an old Celtic fool and proud of it....
And if I was still in LA and could afford it, I would be sitting there with my Green Big 3 T-shirt (Parish, Bird, McHale..bought at the Gahden no less) in the front row next to Mr. Nicholson probably drenched in beer ( and maybe spit...they don't like C's fans much), screaming my lungs out for the green team, my heart believes...
I just have trouble convincing my brain...but you never know for sure, that's why they play the game.
Wasn't it Russell? ... who , when asked "how could you beat the Lakers, they were better on paper..."
said "They don't play the game on paper..." GO CELTICS!!!!
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:04 am

The Lakes whipped us good and proper game one. with 1.) desire 2.) hustle 3.) Kobe and Pau.

Gasol the weebly little frenchman whupped kg good. Hope this changes.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:25 am

jeb65 wrote:The Lakes whipped us good and proper game one. with 1.) desire 2.) hustle 3.) Kobe and Pau.

Gasol the weebly little frenchman whupped kg good. Hope this changes.

Didn't know frenchmen come from Spain.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:40 am

mrkleen09 wrote:LA - not sure where this 'no margin for error" comes from.

Celtics have better PG play - Better SG play - Better Bench Play - More Physical players - and are basically equal at PF and Center.

The only place the Lakers have an advantage is at SG - and Ray Allen is sure to go for 25 at least once or twice in this series...so the Celtics are not totally over matched at that position either.

Well kleen,

For at least one night, the Lakers had better SG play, bench was pretty even, Lakers were more physical, and had better Center play. At least for one night, maybe LACelt had something there.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:25 am

Steve

Yup he does. No sleep for a while my bad
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:30 am

Jeb,

Please, my wife and I are Francophiles. Pau's not a Frenchman. He's Spanish.

He didn't just play well last night. He thoroughly dominated KG. In fact, KG sometimes looked to me as though he wasn't even in the game. I'm not looking for excuses, but he looked so sluggish (except on that one jam) that I hope he's all right.

It's ironic that they were doing an interview on the floor before the game, and KG was in the background tossing up 18-footer after 18-footer. During the entire interview, he never missed one. In fact, I counted 8 consecutive swishes. What a difference once the game started. And I believe Pau out-rebounded him something like 10 to 1.

Assuming he's physically okay, it will be very interesting to see if and how he comes out of the gate in Game 2.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Sam

It was all effort on Pau's part. The desire to win. Kg was just pounded and outdone on both ends of the floor. But he was not the only one. I think he will come back hard. He has to.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:53 pm

MustangGator wrote:Well kleen,

For at least one night, the Lakers had better SG play, bench was pretty even, Lakers were more physical, and had better Center play. At least for one night, maybe LACelt had something there.

MG

Totally agree. Lakers looked strong last night, but for me to give them credit as a truly changed team - they will have to show me they are strong mentally and physically over the course of an entire series, not one night.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:22 pm

It's funny, in an interview before the game, Doc said that the team was very focused and that they had had a couple of real good practices. He said that they even felt that they were the best practices KG had had all year. Did he psych himself out of the game. He seem to come to in the last half of the third
quarter, too little, too late. I think they all pump each other up, and last night none of them could get rolling. Rondo may have had decent stats but, he certainly didn't prove to be unstoppable.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:28 pm

rosalie

I am glad the Lakes put all this macho prison movie ball on hold for real. Now we can get down to some smart hoop and watching some serious hoop minds try to out chess each other. Nobody is going to win this series with tough guy crap. It's got to be smarts and ball i.q. that carries the day.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:31 pm

But Phil says they don't play like that!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:33 pm

phil says a lot of crap. Mostly I turn the volume down or dont pay a lot of attention. I think he is ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:38 pm

I couldn't agree more! Let's see what Sunday brings.

I was so sick of seeing them star gaze last night on the national coverage.
This is why I listen to the radio! The only one who might be worth listening
to is Van Gundy.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:46 pm

rosie

We'll get them on Sunday. We have a great coaching staff and some very heavy guys that will put their full being behind rebounding from that loss.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:59 pm

jeb65 wrote:rosie

We'll get them on Sunday. We have a great coaching staff and some very heavy guys that will put their full being behind rebounding from that loss.
Literally rebounding, would be a good place to start along with the D. It's been a problem all year but they can certainly get closer to LA in that catagory. The more they rebound, the more they'll rebound.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Lacelt

I thought the Lakes played great d but i also thought we got some real good looks we just missed.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:16 am

Having acknowledged that the Lakers have the upper hand with this post...
I feel it deep in my soles....for all Celtic fans....
HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL....with the Celtics, anything can happen, I've seen it with my own eyes.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:16 am

LACELT--What have I been saying all year?? I can't give up on this team, even though it seems like the media is already celebrating Kobe & the........
One good slap in the face should get them going. Also, Gasol seems to be feeling his oats right now. He's a good ballplayer don't get me wrong, but the last thing he should be doing is lighting a fire even bigger under KG. Even if KG
fouls out tomorrow night, it won't be until he has changed the course of the game. I am a believer, a dreamer, and most assuredly, a die hard Boston
Celtic fan. I never say never.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:03 am

Gasol is talking as though he has won it all already. Not smart. But very Laker.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:00 am

Jeb,

I have not seen anything where Gasol, or any of the other Lakers are talking like it is over. I know the media has already put a stake in the Celtics, but that is what the media does. If the C's win Sunday and take home court, the media will jump ship faster than a rat invested Carnival Cruise. Can someone provide a link to where a Laker is talking that the series is over. I think all they have said is they have changed since 2008. That in my mind is still to be determined. Yes, changed, but for one night, for one game. The Lakers have had a habit of showing up big, and then playing average. Again, maybe I have not seen much post game coverage because of allot of overtime I have been putting in lately at work. I just have not seen anything alluding to the series is over by current Lakers.

For Kleen: I agree. To give the Lakers credit, it has to be more than one game. I was just saying that LACelt might have something with his post. I did say "might".

From the; "For what ever it's worth department." I personally do not think this series is even close to being over. Only a fool would believe that. I believe that game one only gave the Lakers some much needed confidence. Primarily because of what took place during game 6 of 2008 in Boston. Key two words here is "in Boston." Lets see how the Lakers play in Boston. I don't think there will be another 2008 game 6, a blow out that big. But, you never know. I almost wished game one on Thursday would have been a little tighter. I believe all game one did was maybe wake the sleeping giant. I expect the Celtics to come out Sunday with everything they have. Will this result in a Celtics victory? The Lakers will have to answer that question.

Cheers everyone,

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:41 pm

MG

Yeah i hear you buddy but you know your hoop. Most of my pals that are talkin so much jive dont really know ball. I just get a sense that the game one victory made segments of laker land very overconfident. I salute the Lakes for a game one well played but lot of ball left to be played.

Gasol is sayin things that are going to motivate KG and the Celtics front line. He should have waited to say them. I think the Celtics are going to come really hard at him. The look on Rondo's face when they asked him about that said it all.

Cheers mg

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:22 pm

Point well taken Mustang...The media are myopic with no long term memory for the most part. If the C's were to come out and bury the Lakers in game 2, they will announce that the Lakers are dying....and aren't tough enough...That's what they do....to sell papers mostly, I can't believe that they are really that dumb...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum