Mike Conley and Marc Gasol meet with Grizzlies ownership to see how the Celtics can get the best possible draft pick from them.

+3
kdp59
cowens/oldschool
steve3344
7 posters

Go down

Mike Conley and Marc Gasol meet with Grizzlies ownership to see how the Celtics can get the best possible draft pick from them. Empty Mike Conley and Marc Gasol meet with Grizzlies ownership to see how the Celtics can get the best possible draft pick from them.

Post by steve3344 Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:05 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-marc-gasol-mike-conley-meet-ownership-discuss-grizzlies-future-215936744.html

Good to see they've got our best interests at heart.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Mike Conley and Marc Gasol meet with Grizzlies ownership to see how the Celtics can get the best possible draft pick from them. Empty Re: Mike Conley and Marc Gasol meet with Grizzlies ownership to see how the Celtics can get the best possible draft pick from them.

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:43 am

So they’re tanking, Gasol took a night off last night.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Mike Conley and Marc Gasol meet with Grizzlies ownership to see how the Celtics can get the best possible draft pick from them. Empty Re: Mike Conley and Marc Gasol meet with Grizzlies ownership to see how the Celtics can get the best possible draft pick from them.

Post by kdp59 Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:52 am

I thought I read Memphis would prefer the pick to convey this year, rather than in two years when it will be unprotected and Conley and Gasol are gone.

I actually prefer the other way myself.

we get the Kings pick this year (top 5 still in my dreams)

then The Memphis pick in 2020 at number one over all!!

I could live with that!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:58 am

kdp59 wrote:I thought I read Memphis would prefer the pick to convey this year, rather than in two years when it will be unprotected and Conley and Gasol are gone.

Memphis is just a bad team.
Conley is a very good player.
JJJ is a talented rookie and Gasol is still productive.
Their roster does not have much talent on it.
Memphis will probably keep their pick this year and we will have to see how it works out with their 2020 or 2021 pick.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:00 am

The Memphis 2020 pick is top 6 protected.
In 2021 it is not protected.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:03 am

Regardless I think we have enough picks for this year, getting that Memphis pick later on works out perfect IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:08 pm

No matter how we look at this there remains uncertainty.

It would be great to have an unprotected pick in 21 but knows where that pick will fall.

I think there is an underlying belief that Memphis will be worse in 21 than they are now. That may be far from the truth. They got a really good big in JJJ in 2018 and this year they could add maybe one of those Duke studs and in 2020 they could add another stud. Add free agency and trades to the mix and thy could be significantly better in 2021.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:31 am

dboss wrote:No matter how we look at this there remains  uncertainty.

It would be great to have an unprotected pick in 21 but knows where that pick will fall.

I think there is an underlying belief that Memphis will be worse in 21 than they are now.  That may be far from the truth.  They got a really good big in JJJ in 2018 and this year they could add maybe one of those Duke studs and in 2020 they could add another stud.  Add free agency and trades to the mix and thy could be significantly better in 2021.

I do think there's a good chance they'll improve.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 pm

Grizzlies now aim for a rebuild. Looking to trade Gasol and Conley.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-grizzlies-open-trade-offers-marc-gasol-mike-conley-235749083.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:48 pm

Trading either guy is going to be tough due to their individual salaries. Both earn $20 M plus per year.
For the Cs to match the $20+ they would either have to trade most of their bench or trade Smart and a couple of guys from their deep bench.

Neither guy is worth Marcus Smart at this time in their careers PLUS a draft pick that Memphis will want. Memphis may have waited a little too long to make the decision to rebuild by about a full year.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down