tjmakz
RosalieTCeltics
Celticspride
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let it go danny, please Empty Let it go danny, please

Post by dboss Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:04 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26958462/sources-cs-lakers-talk-ad-deal-pels

With Durant now likely off the table for the Knicks/Nets, Kyrie's options are now down to Boston or LA.

Danny is doing his due diligence pursuing AD because he must really want to keep Kyrie.

I would suggest that he be prepared to separate himself from the deal once the bidding war forces LA to gut their team. Then you can say, nevermind.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Let it go danny, please Empty Re: Let it go danny, please

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 pm

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE DANNY REALIZE THAT THIS IS A TERRIBLE MOVE????

Davis's agent is telling him, no matter what, he will opt out next year and move on. Sting me once, shame on you, sting me twice, shame on me. Come on, let this guy go.

WYC.....TELL HIM NO
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 pm

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE DANNY REALIZE THAT THIS IS A TERRIBLE MOVE????

Davis's agent is telling him, no matter what, he will opt out next year and move on.  Sting me once, shame on you, sting me twice, shame on me.  Come on, let this guy go.  

WYC.....TELL HIM NO
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE DANNY REALIZE THAT THIS IS A TERRIBLE MOVE????

Davis's agent is telling him, no matter what, he will opt out next year and move on.  Sting me once, shame on you, sting me twice, shame on me.  Come on, let this guy go.  

WYC.....TELL HIM NO

Rosalie the agent cannot see into the future.  

I think Danny may want to pursue another deal elsewhere.  

Danny will not give up easily and now that the Lakers are holding back on including Kuzma, Boston probably has the upper hand.  I maintain that this deal is going to cost us Smart and Tatum plus 3 first round picks.  That is a lot of assets to part with given the ambivalence of being able to resign AD.  This would be the biggest gamble that Danny has ever considered.  

If things go sideways next year Boston will be thrown back 3-5 years.

If Boston fans are willing to give it another year or two Boston could still reach their goals.  5 first rounder in two year should help you get a stud frontline player without emptying the coffers.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Too much for a crap shoot. That is the way I look at it. I don’t see BobH commenting much about this, but I know he is all in here to get AD. Giving up your heart is a big big move that could really backfire.

I know I am not a gambler, but this one seems like something that would haunt us for a long long time. I just do not trust AD, Boston is not the market he wants.

I wonder if I will make it thru this weekend!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Rosalie

I am now more convinced that Kyrie is heading to the Nets.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:54 pm

There is no doubt in my mind, his new agent (who drops an agent they have had for a long time during the most important time of your career?) is somehow involved with Jay Z. There you go, Brooklyn here we come. He has tired me out this off season. Go Kyrie, if want to be in NY go. Somehow someway the Celtics will survive. Sononara
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Celticspride Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 pm

AD is a great player but you need a team of players with the goal in winning the ship. No to AD.
Celticspride
Celticspride

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:33 pm

It would be helpful and proper for Kyrie or his new agent to pick up the phone and tell Danny he is not returning. It is not always about what you decide but how you maintain a professional level of engagement.

Danny should not sweat this out.

Danny also needs to close the door on the AD trade.

Draft well Danny and give our young guys a chance to get better just like GSW did with Steph, Klay and draymond.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Tatum, Brown , Smart. I don't give up any of them w/o assurances Davis is staying, and I don't give up 2 of the three no matter what. AD does not make us a championship contender next year, IMO even with Kyrie.They sure are doing some serious scouting.Practice your mid-round drafting talent, Ainge.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:49 pm

When I started the post about Kyrie, that was the point I was making. People said he did not have to do that. Did anyone tell IT he was being traded? Not the same, sorry, not the same thing. Danny Ainge gave Kyrie the keys to the kingdom here, and he thru them out the window while not even caring about the fans that supported and cheered for him here the last two years.

I know this is a business, but it shows the character of a man the way he walks away. I thought I would really miss him, but the drama has just been too much
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:23 am

I think  Danny really wants to pair Davis with Irving. He feels this is a best way to bring the team to Championship level play.

Again this is only what I think Danny wants.

I feel that the Durant injury actually makes Irving back to Boston MORE likely.

I think he will offer Tatum, Smart, Rob Williams , #14 this year and maybe the Grizzlies pick in the future to make it happen. To me that is a deal that NO would be hard pressed to pass on.

This deal could be announced before the draft and finalized after the new NBA year starts (like the Atlanta trade  that just happened). So I think we'll all know where Davis will be playing next year, by next Thursday.

If that Happens Irving could very well see Boston as the best place to sign to win quickly (not to mention MORE money....$$$$$).

We've seen Danny tear the team down before a couple times and I do feel he will TRY to make it happen again.

again this is not what I would do, just what I feel Danny would like to make happen.

one option of what that team could look like:

Davis
Horford- 3 year extension
Hayward
Brown
Irving

as starters

Rozier- Re-signed
Theis- Re-signed
Baynes
Semi
Yabusele
Wannamaker- Re-signed

Returning players on the bench

Rodney Hood- MLE
Bol Bol - #20
MatisseThybulle- #22

open roster spot

that roster would be around $150M in salary cap space or around $18M OVER the tax line. Depending on Horford and Roziers new deals.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:47 am

I don't know kdp...now they are saying a three way deal with Washington/LA/Lakers with Lonzo, Ingrahm, #4 pick and Bradley Beal is the target from Washington. No mention lately about what Celtics are offering, will offer or anything.

THIS GETS DONE THIS WEEKEND I BET
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:12 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I don't know kdp...now they are saying a three way deal with Washington/LA/Lakers with Lonzo, Ingrahm, #4 pick and Bradley Beal is the target from Washington.  No mention lately about what Celtics are offering, will offer or anything.

interesting, I haven;t read that yet.

I know the Lakers were talking about wanting Beal to team with LeBron and maybe offering the #4 pick and others. But I never heard the Pelicans were involved. Trying to figure out how that would work?

Beal ends up at NO?

Washington gets #4 pick?

Lakers get Davis?

Beal and Kuzma may be a better deal than Tatum and Smart , I guess. But last I read the Lakers were NOT putitng Kuzma on the table?

interesting.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:43 am

I think we can all agree that Danny wants two elite guys.

If a player does not want to be a Celtic then why pursue him?

At some point you should move on.

The Celtics should never undermine their legacy.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:17 am

dboss wrote:I think we can all agree that Danny wants two elite guys.

If a player does not want to be a Celtic then why pursue him?  

At some point you should move on.  

The Celtics should never undermine their legacy.

I agree with you, however I think Danny feels if he gets them here, they will love it......despite what anyone says.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:26 am

kdp59 wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:I don't know kdp...now they are saying a three way deal with Washington/LA/Lakers with Lonzo, Ingrahm, #4 pick and Bradley Beal is the target from Washington.  No mention lately about what Celtics are offering, will offer or anything.

I know the Lakers were talking about wanting Beal to team with LeBron and maybe offering the #4 pick and others. But I never heard the Pelicans were involved. Trying to figure out how that would work?

Beal ends up at NO?

Washington gets #4 pick?

Lakers get Davis?

Beal and Kuzma may be a better deal than Tatum and Smart , I guess. But last I read the Lakers were NOT putitng Kuzma on the table?

interesting.

Theoretically, it could be Ball and the #4 to Washington. Ingram, Lakers 2021 1st and Beal to New Orleans and Davis to the Lakers.
Of course other pieces would be traded too.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 am

In today's NBA you try to trade for talent and sign it to: 1) pursue Championships and 2) to maximize talent under the NBA's flexible salary cap. Getting Davis and keeping Irving maximizes talent within the cap rules and that talent is trade-able assuming it's under contract. Irving walks and it's almost back to square one with limited salary cap flexibility.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:36 am

tjmakz wrote:
kdp59 wrote:

Beal ends up at NO?

Washington gets #4 pick?

Lakers get Davis?

interesting.

Theoretically, it could be Ball and the #4 to Washington. Ingram, Lakers 2021 1st and Beal to New Orleans and Davis to the Lakers.
Of course other pieces would be traded too.

thanks that does make some sense there. Is this something that has been rumored?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 am

BingBang! wrote:In today's NBA you try to trade for talent and sign it to: 1) pursue Championships and 2) to maximize talent under the NBA's flexible salary cap. Getting Davis and keeping Irving maximizes talent within the cap rules and that talent is trade-able assuming it's under contract. Irving walks and it's almost back to square one with limited salary cap flexibility.

I agree with that too and that's why I think Danny will do whatever he can to make it happen.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:55 pm

All of this confusion would have been avoided with a trade of Irving at the previous trade deadline.

Oops, that never happened.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:54 pm

Leonard has every reason to stay with Toronto after winning their 1st ever championship.

He cannot say he wants to go somewhere where he can win.  he cannot complain about the excellent chemistry with his teammates or the amazing job completed by his rookie coach or the rabid fans.  He cannot complain about money because the Raptors were all in when they made the deal.

This is good for Toronto and bad for Boston.  

Rumor has it that Danny Ainge is still in hot pursuit of Anthony Davis and is willing to make the deal even if Irving leaves.  That would keep the door wide open for Davis to leave next summer unless Boston did a Toronto and won the title.

Would a team with a starting 5 of Rozier, Brown, Hayward, Davis and Horford have enough to win the title?    Who gives you scoring off the bench?  Would they have to resign Morris?  You would also have to add a quality BU point guard and another shooter.  Lastly you would have to hope and pray that GH returns to his pre-injury production and playing ability.

After Toronto made the trade for Leonard they pretty much had the same team.  Leonard was a significant upgrade over DeRozan and giving up Poeltl and their 1st round pick this year (29th)was a freakin steal for the Raptors. Include Danny Green and I wonder why Ainge did not get in the mix. They added Gasol for Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Miles, and a 2024 second-round pick.  They did not miss any of the players that were traded.

Danny is playing with fire!  

The only way Danny should pursue a trade for Davis is if he gets a green light on Kyrie's return.

I think it is too much of a gamble to make and I do not feel any level of comfort that Brad Stevens can change his offense to accommodate the skill set that Davis would bring to the table.   Brad has no viable post offense and we do not have a PG that has the skill set to feed the post.  (bring back Rondo?)

One thing is pretty certain when team win a title you can look to the bench for being a decisive factor.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 pm

I cannot believe that we are looking at a team that may have Terry Rozier as the starting point guard. This is just not a guy I believe is a championship level pg. what are we going to do, become a rag tag team with a bunch of Guys in their last years of basketball who need jobs. This has just backfired, Kyrie leaving, trading our young studs, and take on a guy who will walk in another year? Boy, I hope Danny thinks long and hard about this. What if Kyrie comes back because he gets Davis but signs a 1 & 1 contract, walks at the end of 1 along with Davis.

This is a real problem for the Boston Celtics, and as a fan who loves this team, I am nervous that we will become that 2006-2007 team that Paul Pierce was so ready to walk away from. Scary stuff
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:02 pm

dboss wrote:Leonard has every reason to stay with Toronto after winning their 1st ever championship.

He cannot say he wants to go somewhere where he can win.  he cannot complain about the excellent chemistry with his teammates or the amazing job completed by his rookie coach or the rabid fans.  He cannot complain about money because the Raptors were all in when they made the deal.

This is good for Toronto and bad for Boston.  

Rumor has it that Danny Ainge is still in hot pursuit of Anthony Davis and is willing to make the deal even if Irving leaves.  That would keep the door wide open for Davis to leave next summer unless Boston did a Toronto and won the title.

Would a team with a starting 5 of Rozier, Brown, Hayward, Davis and Horford have enough to win the title?    Who gives you scoring off the bench?  Would they have to resign Morris?  You would also have to add a quality BU point guard and another shooter.  Lastly you would have to hope and pray that GH returns to his pre-injury production and playing ability.

After Toronto made the trade for Leonard they pretty much had the same team.  Leonard was a significant upgrade over DeRozan and giving up Poeltl and their 1st round pick this year (29th)was a freakin steal for the Raptors. Include Danny Green and I wonder why Ainge did not get in the mix. They added Gasol for Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Miles, and a 2024 second-round pick.  They did not miss any of the players that were traded.

Danny is playing with fire!  

The only way Danny should pursue a trade for Davis is if he gets a green light on Kyrie's return.

I think it is too much of a gamble to make and I do not feel any level of comfort that Brad Stevens can change his offense to accommodate the skill set that Davis would bring to the table.   Brad has no viable post offense and we do not have a PG that has the skill set to feed the post.  (bring back Rondo?)

One thing is pretty certain when team win a title you can look to the bench for being a decisive factor.
                                                            I agree with everything you say with one minor caveat. Leonard has a plethora of reasons to stay, but it could be that he just doesn't want to live there, just as he apparently didn't want to play for Popovich. I have yet to hear a reasonable explanation for him sitting out an entire season. The money these guys make and free agency give them the freedom to make decisions independent of their work situation. That being said , I agree that eviscerating the team to accomodate a rental and a head case would be foolish.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:15 pm

jrleftfoot

That is true.  Leonard may not want to live in Toronto.  He will have to find a way to smuggle his new born into the country.  Luckily LA is a sanctuary city.

This of course is a joke!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next