Rondo the "X" factor ??

4 posters

Go down

Rondo the "X" factor ?? Empty Rondo the "X" factor ??

Post by bigpygme Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:22 pm

sure, it all comes doiwn to the bigs.

or does it?

or, will it be true that as goes Mr Rondo, so go the Celtics in Game 7 ?

here's an excerpt from yesterday's paper ... "the Celtics can’t possibly step on the floor tomorrow night at Staples Center and magically expect things to change. Execution has to be precise. Layups have to be made. Rebounds have to be snatched from opponents."

every bit of that, plus the neccessitry of reducing turnovers, sounds like a whole lot rests on Rondo.

Sure, others missed lay-up's too, but RR around the basket has to drop the ball in the hole. i also think he needs a shot of confidence, and regaining his usual poise and effectiveness around the cup, especially with the Lakers length, would do wonders for his offense.

but more than that, he is (or can be, needs to be) the engine that drives this team. Lots about efficient execution falls to him - hitting the right guy at the right time with the right pass. he is the pivot point on which the offense rests.

plus they have GOT to take better care of the ball, and that emphatically includes Rondo.

and the battle of the boards - the superior rebounding team has won every game this series. amazingly, this formerly poorly rebounding team has been able to do that three times against the Lakers' height. and when Rondo's collecting and stealing those rebounds, Boston can surprise LA.

i think that if Rondo gets 8 - 10 boards, the C's are in this. hit the lay ups and bunnies and they're in this. reduce turnovers and blown passes and they're in this. obviously the big three have to do their thing, and do it effectively, but the ball (usually) starts out in Rondo's hands. if the engine's not runnin all the wheels fall off ...

i know and believe it is all about T-E-A-M, but individual play counts when it gets everyone involved, and Rondo is the one in the position to make sure that happens. so maybe the Game 7 outcome is in Rondo's hands as much or more than anyone's ...

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Rondo the "X" factor ?? Empty Re: Rondo the "X" factor ??

Post by bigpygme Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:12 pm

surprised no one chimed in with a pro or con on this yet ... what do YOU think ?

best regards, Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm thinking 8 more hours!!
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Michael,

Don't take offense. I believe people are hunkering down like foxhole buddies focusing on the next attack. I'm actually cleaning my messy office because I'm otherwise pretty useless today. (I think Mrs. Sam wishes these games would happen more often. LOL)

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 pm

I'm fairly useless today also, thankfully my boss is a Celtics fan and he is not expecting much from me today or tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:19 pm

well, we all saw that Rondo is a gamer. that 3 he hit at the end, oh my !!!! and he almost WAS the difference maker. one more minute, that was what we needed !
i'm glad we've got him locked up (with his complete permission to the tune of millions) for the foreseeable future - which only may mean i just can't foresee the Big Picture coming up. in truth, nobody can but Danny, and i bet it isn't entirely clear to him yet either.

best regards to all, what a great playoff run we had !!!!!

Michael

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down