Why Celtics Are High On Potential Of Robert Williams, Vincent Poirier

+3
mikeod
dboss
bobheckler
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Celtics Are High On Potential Of Robert Williams, Vincent Poirier  - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Celtics Are High On Potential Of Robert Williams, Vincent Poirier

Post by swish Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:25 pm

tjmakz wrote:
swish wrote:With 4 starters from last year on the roster this year, that have have career averages from 3 point range of at least .357 - I'm quite content to let centers Kanter and company do their thing around the rim - no need for a stretch 5 here. Some old fashion Dinosaur play down low from our centers will be welcome.

swish

The league has really changed from an inside-out game to an outside-in game.
This is a very interesting interview from Kanter.
He and Danny don't agree with your assessment above.
This strengthen's the argument that Boston can't play two of Kanter/R. Williams/Poirer/Fall at the same time since they don't spread the floor and make 3 pointers.

https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-news-danny-ainge-told-enes-kanter-the-3-point-line-isnt-for-decoration/

Kanter's comment is in bold below.

Now, the league has changed a lot. There’s not much back-to-the-basket play anymore – that left – and that’s my game. Of course, with the league changing, everybody has to be able to make three-point shots now. That’s why my focus this summer is my three-point shooting. When I talked to Brad Stevens, he told me he wanted me to shoot threes. In the press conference, I was sitting next to Danny Ainge and he told me, “You know, that three-point line isn’t for decoration.” I was like, “Got it! Okay!”

tjmakz

I bow to Danny's far superior knowledge of the sport - but it is posible that the Celts will be playing a lineup that features Hayward at the power forward ( he's one of the 3 point shooters on the team) with Poirier and Williams playing backup minutes, if any, at the four. In any event it's just a matter of 3 months or so when we start to see what Danny has in mind.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Why Celtics Are High On Potential Of Robert Williams, Vincent Poirier  - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Celtics Are High On Potential Of Robert Williams, Vincent Poirier

Post by NYCelt Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:40 pm

swish wrote:With 4 starters from last year on the roster this year, that have career averages from 3 point range of at least .357 - I'm quite content to let centers Kanter and company do their thing around the rim - no need for a stretch 5 here. Some old fashion Dinosaur play down low from our centers will be welcome.

swish

Agree 100%.

That's the one thing needed with this roster.

Trott Tatum and Hayward out there at the 4 and 3 in some combo. Mix in Brown as 3/2 wing. Brown or Hayward make an excellent 6th man. Walker and Smart in the backcourt.

Let Kanter, R Williams, and whoever else among the other centers that can answer the bell stay in the shadow of the rim.

Let them say the expected, while teasing the unsuspecting in pressers. You can't hang on every word there anyway.

I want to hear animal sounds and see size 18 sneakers in the paint. Outside shooting, stretch 5, my sweet backside. There will be 4 others on the floor to do that. Bring on Beast Mode at 5.

If Boston can pull it off, THAT will be the competitive edge.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:39 pm

I mentioned that guards this past year had 156 players play at least 41 games and average at least 16 minutes per game - and that 141 of them took at least 2 three point shots per game. (90.4%).
Here is the list.

http://bkref.com/tiny/y5fdA

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2