Just back from Paris...

3 posters

Go down

Just back from Paris... Empty Just back from Paris...

Post by worcester Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:11 am

...where my gal and I had a truly fabulous time, in no small part because we had first read Sarah and Dick Dorr's guidebook, Paris Demystified. Does anyone know Sarah's address in Wellfleet? I want to send her flowers in thanks. We stayed at the Hotel De l'Abbaye which they suggested - so lovely; ate at they delicious restaurants they recommended; walked the paths they suggested; and visited the museums they touted. I also brushed up on my French by reading the most used phrases in their book. If anyone thinks about a trip to Paris, please do yourself a favor and read Paris Demystified ahead of time! Another great gift from our friend Sam.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Just back from Paris... Empty Re: Just back from Paris...

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:00 am

Worcester, so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. Paris is on my bucket list, but not my husband's. I have two friends that I travel with who will jump if I bring up the subject!!!

So wonderful that Dick is still influencing us years after his passing. I miss him so much still. Those lovely conversations we had about everything not Celtic. His conccern about my health and that of my husband's. A dear, sweet man who is still a big part of our lives. I am so glad he had such a big influence on your trip/ Welcome back, we missed you
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 pm

Well, Rosalie, I did get Sally's mailing address - a P.O. Box in Wellfleet, so she'll be getting a thank you letter from me instead of flowers. I do so miss her and Dick. I hope we have a group game at the Garden in March that she'll be able to attend.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:57 am

Worse that’s great!! Glad you had a safe and fun vacation, that’s what life is all about...!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:00 am

My girlfriend could not have been happier, nor could I havew been. At the Musee D'Orsay I saw a painting entitled the Poirier Anglais... The English pear tree. Sure hope our Poirier stands as tall.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down