Cornered, but not fighting back

2 posters

Go down

Cornered, but not fighting back Empty Cornered, but not fighting back

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:59 pm

It seems to me we've been giving up a ton of corner 3s. Of Brooklyn's 41 3pt fgas they had 8 corner 3s, all but 2 from the right corner, and they hit 6 of them. In fact, ALL of the 3pt fgm by the Nets were from the right corner below the break. By comparison we were 1-4 from the corner. Neither a good percentage for one of the most valuable shots in today's game nor a good fgm percentage.

In Wednesday's game vs Brooklyn they took 56 3pt fgas (Yikes!) and were 7-14 from the corners. Once again, about 20% of their 3s were from the corners. We were 3-6 from corners and took 34 3pt fgas.

Monday vs Sacto they took 47 3s out of 79 fgas (Buddy went nuts) and were 2-4 from the corners. It didn't matter much because Buddy Hield was throwing it in from the locker room and he took 26 of Sacto's 79 fgas (33% of the total fgas).

Other teams are doing a good job of not letting us have open looks from the corner but I'm not seeing us challenging them as well. If you're going to give up open 3s make sure they do it from above the break.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Cornered, but not fighting back Empty Re: Cornered, but not fighting back

Post by wideclyde Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:03 pm

Bob,

Good point relating to the amount of 3s from the corners given up recently, but the sample number of games is still quite small, in my opinion.

I am sure that Stevens will be able to adjust in some way if the numbers remain as they have been for the last week or so.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down