kdp59
bobheckler
atcross
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fixing Kanter - Page 2 Empty Re: Fixing Kanter

Post by atcross Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:17 pm

I was just looking at Kanter's bio. He actually did not play that much organized ball until he got to the NBA. Thanks to the NCAA he never played at Kentucky and his HS career was one year in prep school. He played as a kid in Europe but not many games. So I think it's fair to say he never received any real coaching until he got to the NBA. And in his eight years in the NBA he's played for five teams. It might be coaching more than desire that is missing.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Let us hope so.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:06 pm

bobheckler wrote:When I first saw the title of this thread, for a short sick moment, I thought it was asking about the prospect of neutering him.

Time to go on another adventure.  My brain is toast.

bob

Ha
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:14 pm

atcross wrote:I was just looking at Kanter's bio. He actually did not play that much organized ball until he got to the NBA. Thanks to the NCAA he never played at Kentucky and his HS career was one year in prep school. He played as a kid in Europe but not many games. So I think it's fair to say he never received any real coaching until he got  to the NBA. And in his eight years in the NBA he's played for five teams. It might be coaching more than desire that is missing.

Very good observation, that limited experience definitely didn’t help him. We had another lumbering center back in the recent day, Perk wasn’t quick or fast, but he knew how to use his limited athleticism to clog the lane and ofcourse he could play great post up D. I don’t remember him getting exploited in pnr....guess Clifford Ray and KG knew how to get the best out of Perk.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2