Sam, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, BobH,and BobC: avatars and props

+4
jeb
bobheckler
Sam
babyskyhook
8 posters

Go down

Sam, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, BobH,and BobC:  avatars and props Empty Sam, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, BobH,and BobC: avatars and props

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:10 am

Guys:

I haven't had much time to get on lately, but I posted about this in a draft thread last week and I know some of you saw it, but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew.

The avatar bet added some good-natured fun to the buildup to the Finals. You guys have been great sports about about our bet, especially considering how tough that last game was from a Cs perspective. Believe me, I know the feeling, as in some ways, it was the reverse of Game 4 in '08 when the Cs slowly and inexorably chipped away at that big Laker lead and eventually took the game.

I know it was not have been fun to have to crank up the Laker avatars after that kind of loss, so I just wanted to do a formal salute and give you guys your proper due.

And since you have all been so good about it, and because I have no desire to be mean-spirited, instead of you guys rocking Laker avatars for a month, I've changed the bet so that you only do it until July 1st.

That's the start of the new NBA year anyway, so it seems like a good time for out with the old, in with the new.

And I think I can speak for MG and TJ when I say this: Cheers from your friends from the other side, we salute you! cheers
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Sam, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, BobH,and BobC:  avatars and props Empty Re: Sam, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, BobH,and BobC: avatars and props

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 am

And since I'm from LA, I think some awards are in order for those avatars.

(Cue up the Oscars theme.)

Best supporting Avatar: NYC's Coop. Classic 6th man

Best action and sfx avatar: Jeb's Worthy fast break finger roll

Best screenplay (depiction of a nickname): Bobh's Wilt looks exactly like a Big Dipper

Best cinematography (capturing an emotion with an image): Bobc's smiling Magic with trophy- a picture really is worth 1,000 words

Irving Thalberg Lifetime Achievement Award: Beat's Logo. Just an awesome shot. so cool to see West at that age.

Best Actor: Pete's Kareem from "Airplane". Well done. Cracked me up.

Special Avant Garde/ French New Wave Cinema award: Sam's Elgin "got a big old butt" Baylor. " Hey Sterling- Kiss This !!!!!" Too funny Sam. I knew you had something up your sleeve, but this surpassed my high expectations. So great.

You guys are all winners in this show.

babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Sam, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, BobH,and BobC:  avatars and props Empty Re: Sam, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, BobH,and BobC: avatars and props

Post by Sam Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:48 am

BSH,

You had a great idea, and it was fun (after about 40 years) once again to place a "no win possibility" bet that served as a reminder of the old supreme confidence days of fun and balloons.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:00 am

Sam-

I love that bet story.

I'm going to get some sleep. You're either up really late or really early.

Talk to you soon.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:06 am

Up late trying to make a buck.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:34 am

BSH,

It was a great, harmless idea for a bet, but I'm still counting the days...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:47 am

sky

itsa nice way to win big with style...props for waiting a few to make an appearance and thanks for not showin up to gloat or shit all over the Celtics truly mind blowing year.

I had some BAD interactions with Laker fans post game 7. Truly class and tasteless stuff. It's nice to talk with an adult.

It stings to lose but I respect what the Celts did this year. Big time.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:05 pm

BSH,

Always good to hear from you.

It's kind of a fun bet; I mean, we didn't have to shave our heads or anything!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:35 pm

NYCelt wrote:BSH,

Regards

Or spraypaint our heads 'Kobe' in 3 different colors and languages either.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:50 pm

jeb65 wrote:
sky

itsa nice way to win big with style...props for waiting a few to make an appearance and thanks for not showin up to gloat or shit all over the Celtics truly mind blowing year.

I had some BAD interactions with Laker fans post game 7. Truly class and tasteless stuff. It's nice to talk with an adult.

It stings to lose but I respect what the Celts did this year. Big time.

Yeah buddy-

I've always been big believer in win with class, lose with class. Not sure which is worse- sore loser or a no-class winner, but they both suck. IN fact, I pity the losers in life who get their kicks by rubbing it in the face of the other team's fans after a loss. It's one thing chanting "BEat LA" or "BOston Sucks" during a game, but I remember being shocked by the number of jokers who called themselves fans taunting Cs fans on the bdc last year after LA won the title. I ended up in a number of verbal wars with them b/c I thought they were such a poor reflection on people who are real fans, and were generally just tools.

I've been busy, but I also wanted to give all you guys a chance to grieve/ work through your feelings on the Finals and on the Cs season before chiming in here w/ my thoughts on the Finals. I remember '08 all too well, and didn't want to have something I wrote (or the fact that I was even on the board immediately after such a tough loss) taken the wrong way.

And I think the Cs had an amazing year. LEft for dead by the media, only the guys in the locker room and the people on this board had any real belief in them. To go from the way they were playing in March to within 4 points of winning a road game 7 in the Finals, after knocking off the two teams with the best record in the NBA along the way, was amazing.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Regards

NYC-

that's next year's bet !

How's your son ? Did you guys starve him during the Finals to keep him from rooting for LA, or did he pull a Cool HAnd Luke and resist the pressure ? Razz
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:57 pm

Least anyone think I've been reluctant to post with my Magic avatar, I've been without a home phone or computer for over a week, and will be until the weekend. Sneaking a quick post on at work.

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:01 pm

bobc33 wrote:Least anyone think I've been reluctant to post with my Magic avatar, I've been without a home phone or computer for over a week, and will be until the weekend. Sneaking a quick post on at work.

The lead story on ESPN at midnight edt will not be the beginning of Free Agency- it will be the end of the Avatar Bet!
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:06 pm

babyskyhook wrote:

Regards

NYC-

that's next year's bet !

How's your son ? Did you guys starve him during the Finals to keep him from rooting for LA, or did he pull a Cool HAnd Luke and resist the pressure ? Razz

BSH,

And I suppose, as Bob suggests, the loser also has to paint their dome with the winning teams colors...

My son is still popping the occasional "Go Lakers" my way, but he also seems to enjoy rooting for whoever is playing someone's favorite. To the plus for the Boston locals on here he remains steadfast in support of the Red Sox even though he's not really sure of the players yet. Our Little League team was the Blue Jays to which he took exception, but a local summer league team he's on is the "Red Team" (No big-league names, just team colors) so he's planning on wearing his Sox cap for those games. I'm coaching again so if he pulls another "Go Lakers" chant from the opposite side of the diamond while on base I've told him he's getting lifted for a pinch runner.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 pm

Never mess with your coach! Good lesson to teach him, NYC. Very Happy
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:21 pm

NYCelt

NAW

Just keep giving him the steal sign!!

And when he's up to bat ...............the bunt sign!

that should end the problem......(but may cause others)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:24 pm

this place is hoppin today. good to have the band back together! (cop tires, cop suspension, cop motor) where ya at mg?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Guys-

congrats on having your proper avatars back, and thanks again for being good sports.

Jeb- EPIC AVATAR!!!!!!

"I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...

[points to Posner's right cheek]

...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkDE8mWJWOA&feature=related
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:21 am

bsh

yeah huh? BIlly Jack rooles!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:27 pm

I'm not a good sport......still want to kill the enemy,I think everyone is glad I kept my avatar.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:23 am

Cow, I hadn't noticed before, but now that you mention it your avatar is decent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down