Boston Celtics rookie Tacko Fall used to give out his phone number to random fans before Enes Kanter stopped him

3 posters

Go down

Boston Celtics rookie Tacko Fall used to give out his phone number to random fans before Enes Kanter stopped him Empty Boston Celtics rookie Tacko Fall used to give out his phone number to random fans before Enes Kanter stopped him

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:22 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2020/01/boston-celtics-rookie-tacko-fall-used-to-give-out-his-phone-number-to-random-fans-before-enes-kanter-stopped-him.html

Boston Celtics rookie Tacko Fall used to give out his phone number to random fans before Enes Kanter stopped him

Posted Jan 07, 2020

By Tom Westerholm | twesterh@masslive.com

Boston Celtics big man Tacko Fall is a fan favorite, in part because of his otherworldly size but also because he seems like a genuinely good person.

Fall’s generosity can work against him: When fans see him out in public (and he’s difficult to miss), they stop him and ask for photos and autographs. Fall almost always obliges, even though one autograph can lead to two, which can lead to photos, which can give fans time to go grab a friend who might also want a photo or an autograph.

In a recent interview with ESPN’s Jackie MacMullan, Fall outlined how difficult his fame can be.

“I just can’t get myself to say no,” Fall told MacMullan.

According to Celtics center Enes Kanter, Fall’s generosity is excessive, especially when he’s asked for things by random fans.

“I remember I went out to eat with him, and then he was giving his phone number to just random people," Kanter told MacMullan, smiling. "I’m like, ‘Tacko, what are you doing? You can not do that.’ He’s like, ‘Oh they’re just nice people.’ I’m like, ‘Tacko, no.’”

For obvious reasons, NBA players -- especially players as famous as Fall -- shouldn’t give out their numbers to random fans. One hopes someone around Fall will make that clear to him, but also, a recommendation: If you see Fall in public, maybe -- as Tremont Waters noted to MacMullan -- just remember he’s human, and treat him like a human.

bob
MY NOTE: If Marcus Smart's nicknames are "The Cobra" and "Wolverine" maybe Tacko's should be "Bambi", because he's like a babe in the woods.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics rookie Tacko Fall used to give out his phone number to random fans before Enes Kanter stopped him Empty Re: Boston Celtics rookie Tacko Fall used to give out his phone number to random fans before Enes Kanter stopped him

Post by wideclyde Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:06 pm

A big "high five" for Kanter as a teammate in this situation. Shows that the Cs really do seem to like each other this year.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics rookie Tacko Fall used to give out his phone number to random fans before Enes Kanter stopped him Empty Re: Boston Celtics rookie Tacko Fall used to give out his phone number to random fans before Enes Kanter stopped him

Post by worcester Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:18 pm

I really hope Enes resigns with us next season. He has turned into a polished gem.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down