Most-hyped non-event ever ? The 2010 FA class ?

4 posters

Go down

Most-hyped non-event ever ?  The 2010 FA class ? Empty Most-hyped non-event ever ? The 2010 FA class ?

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:11 pm

Anyone else getting the feeling this whole thing is going to turn out to be (for the most part) one giant dud where not much happens ?

I can easily see LBJ, DWade, Pierce, Ray, Dirk, and Joe Johnson staying with their teams.

Amare will probably leave.

Bosh will leave, Boozer probably also.

After all the buildup, hype and speculation, that's not a lot of action.

As a Laker fan, I hope it plays out that way, because I'd rather see LBJ in Cle than in Chi or with Wade and Bosh in Miami.

If there isn't a lot of movement that will be of benefit to LA and Boston (assuming Cs resign Pierce and Ray and add some mle guys via MLE and Sheed's deal).

But what a joke if all of those guys end up going nowhere. And the Knicks will be screwed.

Anyone else feeling this way ?

babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Most-hyped non-event ever ?  The 2010 FA class ? Empty Re: Most-hyped non-event ever ? The 2010 FA class ?

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 pm

I agree with you 100% on this statement:

"I can easily see LBJ, DWade, Pierce, Ray, Dirk, and Joe Johnson staying with their teams.
Amare will probably leave.
Bosh will leave, Boozer probably also."

Almost all will go where they can make the most money.
Cleveland said they are not participating in a sign and trade so LeBron will probably stay.

tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Most-hyped non-event ever ?  The 2010 FA class ? Empty Re: Most-hyped non-event ever ? The 2010 FA class ?

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Ditto,

It's always about the money. Especially these days in sports.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:09 pm

It is interesting that Dan Fegan who is the Agent for Dwight Howard and John Wall just said that he expects LeBron to sign with Cleveland or NJ...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:00 am

I have never understood the purpose of a sign and trade. Your superstar wants to pick wherever it is he wants to go, leaves your team without a
goodbye, and then the team that he goes to wants a sign and trade so that they can dump a bunch of lousy players with long contracts so they can make room for your player.

Where is it that you make out here? Seems like more and more teams are not going to do sign and trades, so that the other team cannot become a powerhouse.

Explain??????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:11 am

Rosalie,

Teams that lose a player via sign and trade will not take back lousy players. They would be better off letting their player walk away.
Since teams that are over the salary cap are very limited as far as signing good players, if they trade for a player in a sign and trade, they can still get a good young player without having to worry about the salary cap.
Also, another reason is the perception that losing a free agent can have on your local fan base. If Toronto lets Bosh walk away and trades Turkoglu for salary cap relief, their fans will feel that they are not putting a good team on the floor. They will lose millions in ticket sales and TV advertising. So, it is often better to take back another good player then to let your best player walk away without taking a player back.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm

tjmakz wrote:It is interesting that Dan Fegan who is the Agent for Dwight Howard and John Wall just said that he expects LeBron to sign with Cleveland or NJ...

I can see reasons for both. Bulls also. Can't see miami or the KNicks.

I think he ultimately stays in Cle. $30m matters, and he doesn't want to be Public Enemy # 2 (behind Art Modell) in OH.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Then why did Cleveland already say they would not do a sign and trade if LeBron decides to go elsewhere? From what I have read, Colangelo has said the same thing in Toronto. There is more to this than just getting another "good" body.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down