Post Game Thread - vs Jazz, Home 3/7/20

3 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Jazz, Home 3/7/20 Empty Post Game Thread - vs Jazz, Home 3/7/20

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:38 am

We see our limits. We cannot be down 2 of our 4.

We also see our limitations with our bench. 13 points in a total of 82 player minutes. By comparison Utah's bench scored 39 points in 84 player minutes. This is why we cannot be without 2 of the 4.

Tatum had a chance to become the first Celtic to score 32+ for 6 straight games. Obviously he came up short, but that's not what strikes me as a big deal. He took 19 fgas in 33 minutes. He's averaging 18.8 fgas in 34.5mpg. In a game where there were LOTS more shots available to him he took his normal number in just under his normal minutes. He sat the first 9 minutes of the 2nd quarter, while we were getting smoked. WTF Brad? Our bench couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from the edge of the pier, we're down two scorers, and you leave our top scorer on the bench for 9 straight minutes?!

To be honest, I'm souring a bit on Kemba. I need to see a "Kemba game" to restore my faith. I know his numbers are down this year, and I know why, but I'm not seeing him step up in games where we need him to step up in. Like this one. There were LOTS more fgas available for him too. To his credit he took 17 in 27 minutes. That's a faster clip than normal for him, he's on a slightly higher minutes limit, but he shot 5-17.

Wanny was 3-7 in 26 minutes, 9 points of our bench's 13. Ok, that's not bad, but the rest? Terrible. This is why we need an IT or a Jamal Crawford or anybody who can come in and light'em up. Bring me Gerald Green or his head!

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161575

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Jazz, Home 3/7/20 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Jazz, Home 3/7/20

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:10 pm

Kemba has me concerned, he looks shaky at best, and looks to my eye he needs more rehab and rest, don’t put him on the floor that shaky. Why did Romeo only get 5 minutes and no Tremont Waters? I’d rather see those guys than Wanamaker, the line ups have been terrible tately. Wana Kemba Smart Tatum Theis was terrible. How about Smart Langford Tatum Theis RWill, that line up could at least defend and deal with Goberts size, let Romeo put up some shots and learn on the fly.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Jazz, Home 3/7/20 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Jazz, Home 3/7/20

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:We see our limits.  We cannot be down 2 of our 4.

We also see our limitations with our bench.  13 points in a total of 82 player minutes.  By comparison Utah's bench scored 39 points in 84 player minutes.  This is why we cannot be without 2 of the 4.

Tatum had a chance to become the first Celtic to score 32+ for 6 straight games.  Obviously he came up short, but that's not what strikes me as a big deal.  He took 19 fgas in 33 minutes.  He's averaging 18.8 fgas in 34.5mpg.  In a game where there were LOTS more shots available to him he took his normal number in just under his normal minutes.  He sat the first 9 minutes of the 2nd quarter, while we were getting smoked.  WTF Brad?  Our bench couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from the edge of the pier, we're down two scorers, and you leave our top scorer on the bench for 9 straight minutes?!

To be honest, I'm souring a bit on Kemba.  I need to see a "Kemba game" to restore my faith.  I know his numbers are down this year, and I know why, but I'm not seeing him step up in games where we need him to step up in.  Like this one.  There were LOTS more fgas available for him too.  To his credit he took 17 in 27 minutes.  That's a faster clip than normal for him, he's on a slightly higher minutes limit, but he shot 5-17.

Wanny was 3-7 in 26 minutes, 9 points of our bench's 13.  Ok, that's not bad, but the rest?  Terrible.  This is why we need an IT or a Jamal Crawford or anybody who can come in and light'em up.  Bring me Gerald Green or his head!

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161575

bob

Shows how misleading stats can be, Wanny had 2 wide open 3’s at crunch time and couldn’t even hit the rim, I thought his defense and decision making were terrible. I realize he wasn’t the only one, team missed so many open looks last night....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:02 am

We might want to begin discussing/proving beyond a shadow of a doubt how we're going to beat PHI in 7 no matter whose on either side of the court.  The regular season performance left a Grand Canyon size whole full of questions and I don't see the change in format for the playoffs helping much if any. This could be a very short playoff run despite all our season over season improvements.  I'm not seeing they light. Is anybody?  

Back On The Ledge,

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down