I Kind of Like Kwame Brown!

5 posters

Go down

I Kind of Like Kwame Brown! Empty I Kind of Like Kwame Brown!

Post by 112288 Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:32 am

I know, I know, I guess you think I have heat or sun stroke but I think he could be a real cheap find. Here's why.

I go back to what I said earlier in the year. Many players with great potential have not lived up to their billing due to poor coaching and psychology 101. I think Coach Cliff can really help in this area. Look what he did with Perk & Baby. Each year Perk & Baby have improved their games. No reason he cannot help Brown. Oh and have we forgotten KG and how he can help elevate someone's game. Here's some other good reasons:

1) Great wide body at 6'11", 270lbs.
2) 28 years old so he still has the legs.
3) NBA experience
4) Fills the spot of Sherman Williams who I liked but lacked the height at center.
5) Made $4.8 M last year, probably no more then that this year.
6) Had flourished under Phil Jackson while with the Laker's before getting hurt. Under Doc and Coach Cliff he can as well.
7) Brings good rebounding and defense.
Cool He will fit into the C's defensive team system. He will not ask to be the super star as in his earlier career. He will be asked to play 15-20 for Perk each night and just play defense and clear the glass! Most of the NBA teams do not play Celtic ball. Know your role and play it!

He's worth a shot if he comes cheap!

Back to top Go down

I Kind of Like Kwame Brown! Empty Re: I Kind of Like Kwame Brown!

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:29 am

Did he really flourish under Dr Phil?does he really bring good defense and rebounding?I've always thought he was underwhelming at both ends all the time everywhere.I agree he could be no worse than Sheldon Williams,who in the playoffs against real competition showed why he can't get minutes anywhere.Maybe if we got him on the cheap it could help us get a 2 guard with range and energy both ends.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 am

Guy is TERRIBLE. You are better off with Mikki Moore...and that isnt saying much. Cool
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:59 am

Not looking for him to become another Howard or Shac. Just do your rebounding, play some D and use your wide body. That's it. No better or worst then Williams.

keep thinking "Role Player". His numbers fit for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 pm

He's got hands of stone and no real skills offensively, but Kwame is an excellent man defender. HE can use his strength vs guys like Shaq and Howard mano-a-mano.

He's a bad help defender due to low bball IQ. For the vet min, he would be a solid addition. I had hoped LA would look into getting him for the min, but seems like that ship has sailed.

As long as people kept their expectations low, he would be a good get at the min.

babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Kwame Brown expected to go in 'another direction':

The Boston Celtics will have to continue their search for another big man without Kwame Brown in the mix.

His agent told CSNNE.com on Sunday that he anticipates having a new deal for his client within the next few days, and it will in all likelihood not be with the Celtics.

"We're probably going in another direction," said his agent, Mark Bartelstein.

The reason? Money, of course.

The Celtics have nothing more than the veteran's minimum to offer Brown.

There are a number of teams that can not only offer more money but, like the Celtics, are also built for a deep playoff run.

"Kwame has some very interesting options to weigh," Bartelstein said. "Like I said, I think we'll have something done within the next couple of days. You never say never, because things can change quickly. But I just don't think it's going to work out with Boston."

http://www.csnne.com/07/11/10/Kwame-Brown-expected-to-go-in-another-di/v1_landing_celtics.html?blockID=269573&feedID=3945

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Guy has been a total bust, underachiever, lazy, consistently hurt - it is no wonder he is going to take the money over the chance to win. He doesn't even know how to SPELL the word win.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down