Report: Kawhi Leonard told Raptors he didn’t think they were good enough to repeat

3 posters

Go down

Report: Kawhi Leonard told Raptors he didn’t think they were good enough to repeat Empty Report: Kawhi Leonard told Raptors he didn’t think they were good enough to repeat

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:27 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-kawhi-leonard-told-raptors-131236166.html

Report: Kawhi Leonard told Raptors he didn’t think they were good enough to repeat

Dan Feldman
NBC Sports

Thu, September 17, 2020, 6:12 AM PDT

Kawhi Leonard became the first superstar to switch teams immediately after winning a championship.

So, there’s some schadenfreude coming from Toronto after the Clippers lost in the second round. The Raptors made it that far without Leonard.

Josh Lewenberg of TSN:

Josh Lewenberg
@JLew1050
There were obviously other reasons why he chose the Clippers, including and especially his desire to go home, but one of the things Kawhi told the Raptors when he met with them in Toronto last summer, according to a source, was that he didn't think they were good enough to repeat
9:16 PM · Sep 15, 2020

I don’t know exactly what Leonard said. I can see how someone in Toronto would want to embarrass him and hype up the Raptors.

The Raptors had an excellent season sans Leonard. They won 74% of their regular-season/seeding games, swept the Nets and pushed the Celtics to seven games. Toronto was capable of winning a championship.

With Leonard, the Raptors would’ve been a first-rate contender. Pascal Siakam made tremendous strides, but he was still in over his head as a go-to scorer. Leonard would have made a huge difference in that role, and his could’ve-been supporting cast showed its bona fides.

Leonard obviously left Toronto for multiple reasons. He wanted to be in L.A. He liked other aspects of the Clippers organization.

But to whatever degree he viewed the Raptors as a non-contender, he has egg on his face.

Though he’d never admit regret publicly, I wonder how he actually reflects on his decision last summer.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Kawhi Leonard told Raptors he didn’t think they were good enough to repeat Empty Re: Report: Kawhi Leonard told Raptors he didn’t think they were good enough to repeat

Post by dbrown4 Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:35 pm

That's what you get when you step outside of your area of expertise. You make stupid statements about things you know nothing about.

Not KL job or in his wheelhouse to comment. Just play. You're paid $40 million simply to play. Take it or leave it. Leave the judgment calls and prognosticating to Vegas...and well, to us! After all, we do know what we are talking about!! Unfortunately, our opinion(s) matter very little to very few outside of this great site!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Report: Kawhi Leonard told Raptors he didn’t think they were good enough to repeat Empty Re: Report: Kawhi Leonard told Raptors he didn’t think they were good enough to repeat

Post by dboss Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:59 pm

bobheckler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-kawhi-leonard-told-raptors-131236166.html

Dan Feldman
NBC Sports

Thu, September 17, 2020, 6:12 AM PDT

Kawhi Leonard became the first superstar to switch teams immediately after winning a championship.

So, there’s some schadenfreude coming from Toronto after the Clippers lost in the second round. The Raptors made it that far without Leonard.

Josh Lewenberg of TSN:

Josh Lewenberg
@JLew1050
There were obviously other reasons why he chose the Clippers, including and especially his desire to go home, but one of the things Kawhi told the Raptors when he met with them in Toronto last summer, according to a source, was that he didn't think they were good enough to repeat
9:16 PM · Sep 15, 2020

I don’t know exactly what Leonard said. I can see how someone in Toronto would want to embarrass him and hype up the Raptors.

The Raptors had an excellent season sans Leonard. They won 74% of their regular-season/seeding games, swept the Nets and pushed the Celtics to seven games. Toronto was capable of winning a championship.

With Leonard, the Raptors would’ve been a first-rate contender. Pascal Siakam made tremendous strides, but he was still in over his head as a go-to scorer. Leonard would have made a huge difference in that role, and his could’ve-been supporting cast showed its bona fides.

Leonard obviously left Toronto for multiple reasons. He wanted to be in L.A. He liked other aspects of the Clippers organization.

But to whatever degree he viewed the Raptors as a non-contender, he has egg on his face.

Though he’d never admit regret publicly, I wonder how he actually reflects on his decision last summer.

bob

A little sour grapes coming out of Toronto perhaps?

Whether it is Toronto or any other team, trying to repeat is a difficult task.  Joining a new team can backfire just like it did the first year that Lebron joined the Heat.

KL wanted to leave and play in LA.  I thought maybe them winning would have been an incentive to stay but does anybody believe they win against a healthy GSW team last year.  KL was traded to a team he did not want to go to.  He had no choice. I do not think he made a bad decision.  He has one more year at $34 million and then an option for $36 million.  Potentially he could end up playing for LAC one year and then jet.

It will be interesting to see how they regroup after getting shellacked  by the upstart Nuggets.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down