NYCelt
Ktron
kdp59
k_j_88
11 posters

Go down

Victor Oladipo Empty Victor Oladipo

Post by k_j_88 Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:49 am

He's going to be a free agent after next season. Do you think the Celtics should make a move for him?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Victor Oladipo Empty Re: Victor Oladipo

Post by kdp59 Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:01 am

yes, trade Hayward for him throw in Kemba for Turner too.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:45 pm

kdp59 wrote:yes, trade Hayward for him throw in Kemba for Turner too.
I like him but he has injury issues. I’d pass

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:14 pm

Ktron wrote:
kdp59 wrote:yes, trade Hayward for him throw in Kemba for Turner too.
I like him but he has injury issues. I’d pass

Agree.

Swapping out Hayward for Oladipo is just bringing back another player who may be permanently diminished by injury.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:33 pm

But how can you pass on a player with more vowels than consonants in his name? Do you know how valuable thst would be in the Czech Republic?
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:04 am

worcester wrote:But how can you pass on a player with more vowels than consonants in his name? Do you know how valuable thst would be in the Czech Republic?

worcester,

Inconsonants is a leading cause of NBA players shitting the bed. I'll pass on Oladipo and go for Giannis Antetokounmpo instead.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Wise choice Bob, although still messi, but not as much as the soccer star.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Can one of you please give some insight to the collective bargaining challenged how a trade would work financially for GA for say a JB when you have one whose contract is expiring next season and the other who just signed a 4 year. Not clear on the math believe it or not. I think I understand the part about the numbers have to be within a certain amount for approval by the league, but it would appear JB contract is far more valuable than GA's with only one year left on it.

Thank you!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:17 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Can one of you please give some insight to the collective bargaining challenged how a trade would work financially for GA for say a JB when you have one whose contract is expiring next season and the other who just signed a 4 year.  Not clear on the math believe it or not.  I think I understand the part about the numbers have to be within a certain amount for approval by the league, but it would appear JB contract is far more valuable than GA's with only one year left on it.  

Thank you!

db

I think it is pretty complicated.

But let's assume Giannis does not sign the supper max. The difference between JB and him for 20-21 salary would be around $4.7 million so I think Boston would have to add a player or two to that deal.

If that trade went through you would be worried sick of losing Giannis after one year.

Besides that I would definitely not trade either of the Jays for GA. I would trade any combination of players and draft picks for him excluding Jayson and Jaylen provided there was an understanding that he would resign at the end of the season. The Bucks would never go for a deal like that. I do not think Hayward for example, could be the anchor of a blockbuster trade like that.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:26 pm

GA....is that Giannis?

this thread took a turn if so.....LOL.

Jaylens new deal kicks in once the next NBA season starts, since there can be no "official" trades until then, Brown's new contract is the salary number ($23.8M or so) for any trade next NBA season.

so yes it appears that a Giannis for Brown deal would meet the NBA's salary requirement for a trade once the new season starts. gyso is best for the details but i think its something like 80% or more of the highest salary .

not that Milwaukee will go for that, I mean unless Giannis tells them he will not sign there after next season and Ainge can convince him to come here long term. Frankly after Irving, Ainge may be a bit shell shocked about players making promises to stay here.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:27 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Can one of you please give some insight to the collective bargaining challenged how a trade would work financially for GA for say a JB when you have one whose contract is expiring next season and the other who just signed a 4 year. Not clear on the math believe it or not. I think I understand the part about the numbers have to be within a certain amount for approval by the league, but it would appear JB contract is far more valuable than GA's with only one year left on it.

Thank you!

db

Hi,
I wouldn't break our core: KW, JB, JT, MS, GH. Even for Giannis. The main reason - chemistry. All indications that it's there. Don't fix if it ain't broken. I don't know what would GA bring in that department.
Besides, Bucks would want arm and leg plus boatload of picks.
Also, I'd leave Oladipo alone. He's not much better on defense than KW.
Let's stay the course and get Turner from Indy.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:34 pm

they'd want Tatum as a starting point I think and we'd need to add other salaries to meet the rules,

Giannis salary is $27.5M next season and like you said is the last year of his deal.

Brown at $23.8M is close enough that the salaries match CBA wise I believe.

Tatum is at $9.9M so we'd need to add something close to another $15M in salaries to match

so IF Giannis wanted to come here and there is no reason to think he does, it would require one of Brown or Tatum going back aliong with other players and draft picks.

probably a cost that is to high for most Celtics fans to want to spend, one never knows about Ainge though.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:53 pm

There is no way on earth that the Pacers would trade Oladipo and Turner for Hayward and Walker.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Yes, why would they trade 6 vowels for only 4?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:18 pm

The total letter amount matches , though. 13 each
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:22 pm

Danny will have to factor that in...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:23 pm

kdp59 wrote:GA....is that Giannis?

this thread took a turn if so.....LOL.

Jaylens new deal kicks in once the next NBA season starts, since there can be no "official" trades until then, Brown's new contract is the salary number ($23.8M or so) for any trade next NBA season.

so yes it appears that a Giannis for Brown deal would meet the NBA's salary requirement for a trade once the new season starts. gyso is best for the details but i think its something like 80%  or more of the highest salary .

not that Milwaukee will go for that, I mean unless Giannis tells them he will not sign there after next season and Ainge can convince him to come here long term. Frankly after Irving, Ainge may be a bit shell shocked about players making promises to stay here.

kdp,

For Giannis? Sure.

You got it right. We can't use this year's numbers because trading is over for this season. The trade will have to happen next season, so we have to use salary numbers for next season in the trade calculation. The numbers are as follows: (according to Spotrac)

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/cap/2020/

His salary next season is $27,528,090 which is about $4.64M more than Jaylen Brown's salary next season. ($22,883,920).

Even if the difference between their salaries is a bit too much (ie: not within the necessary percentage, I'm too lazy to look it up) they are close enough that if just one player is added to the trade from the Celtics, the trade most likely passes. Danny adds that player. Kantor or Poirier or anyone further down the salary ladder.

Danny makes that trade. As you say, Milwaukee may not. An extended contract from GA would be required (like with KG) but who knows, add all this year's draft picks to the mix?

I'll file this trade in my wishful thinkin' jar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down