Has anyone seen the kid Malachi Flynn ?

4 posters

Go down

Has anyone seen the kid Malachi Flynn ? Empty Has anyone seen the kid Malachi Flynn ?

Post by Ktron Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:34 am

He’s not very big but this guy can PLAY! I think he is worth taking a chance on. Elite shooter from deep. Can finish. Could be PG of the future. Late first. Early second.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen the kid Malachi Flynn ? Empty Re: Has anyone seen the kid Malachi Flynn ?

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:40 am

No, have you?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen the kid Malachi Flynn ? Empty Re: Has anyone seen the kid Malachi Flynn ?

Post by dboss Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:33 pm

Ktron wrote:He’s not very big but this guy can PLAY! I think he is worth taking a chance on. Elite shooter from deep. Can finish. Could be PG of the future. Late first. Early second.

ktron I have seen him before. The Aggregate Mock drat has him at 33 so that's early 2nd round. I do not think he is a first because he is undersized, and not particularly quick. If Boston is looking to draft a PG I think they need to find one that can be groomed as a replacement for KW 3 years down the road. I like the blur Kira Lewis. I would take him at #14 or trade down as he is ranked #17.

Below are Flynn's stats

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4066668/malachi-flynn
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:13 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:No, have you?

Yes. Just video but he looks really good. It’s hard to go by video but from what I saw and what I have been reading he reminds a lot of people of a Fred Van Fleet type. He shot is unreal I do know that.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:15 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:He’s not very big but this guy can PLAY! I think he is worth taking a chance on. Elite shooter from deep. Can finish. Could be PG of the future. Late first. Early second.

ktron I have seen him before.  The Aggregate Mock drat has him at 33 so that's early 2nd round.  I do not think he is a first because he  is undersized, and not particularly quick.  If Boston is looking to draft a PG I think they need to find one that can be groomed as a replacement for KW 3 years down the road.  I like the blur Kira Lewis.  I would take him at #14 or trade down as he is ranked #17.  

Below are Flynn's stats

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4066668/malachi-flynn

I’m thinking that Danny is going for size first. If so, and Lewis is gone and This kid is available I think he should take a run at him. Love his name too!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:51 pm

What is so great about this 2nd rounder that we should get excited about him?  Don't we have Tremont Waters?  Doesn't he already know Brad's system?  Didn't he prove anything by being G-League ROY?  Don't you think that, even if Flynn makes the team, he's going to be spending his life in Maine too?

To be honest, quick look at these videos, I'm not sold on his handle and @ 6'1" your handle must be elite in the NBA.  Tremont's handle is much better.  The difference between Flynn's 6'1" (if that's even real and not in sneakers) and Waters' 5'9"+ is negligible.  They're both midgets and their 3-4" difference is meaningless  in a league where 6'3" point guards are considered short.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:No, have you?

Yes. Just video but he looks really good. It’s hard to go by video but from what I saw and what I have been reading he reminds a lot of people of a Fred Van Fleet type. He shot is unreal I do know that.

It’s always so tough to know whether they can do it at the next level. Both my sons went to Purdue, one graduated, the other one is there now. I saw all of Carson Edwards games during the tourney, he was lights out from 3 and I was so glad when we got him, then his rookie year he can’t hit enough open 3’s, maybe he will turn it around. FVF also took a few years to get to his level.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum