Morey is Philly's new GM.

5 posters

Go down

Morey is Philly's new GM. Empty Morey is Philly's new GM.

Post by worcester Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:52 pm

That means someone will be traded from the Sixers. Someone significant. Plus with a new coach, there will be a lack of continuity there.

If the Celts maintain our continuity, we with only a few beneficial tweaks will have the continuity edge over the Sixers and probably the Raptors and Pacers. Miami and the Bucks will be pretty stable and thus formidable opponents.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Morey is Philly's new GM. Empty Re: Morey is Philly's new GM.

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:12 pm

There's a rumor of a Philly trade with Miami involving Embiid.

Doc likes bigs (e.g. Perk, KG, DeAndre Jordan) but Morey thought even Clint Capella was too big.

C'mon Danny! Do you really want to take on Miami with Embiid instead of Bam (who would likely be part of amy trade to Philly).

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Damn. Philly has Doc (now Glen_ Rivers trying to build a team with Morey. How will that work out?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:59 pm

I do not understand why so much focus is on Embid being traded.

The bad contract on that team is for Al Horford. If they are looking to move someone it has to be Horford. A team with Horford, Simmons and Harris is quite unattractive.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Tobias Harris has a worst contract than Horford, IMO.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:23 pm

kdp59 wrote:Tobias Harris  has a worst contract than Horford, IMO.
Money wise that is true.  AH however is sliding down the competitive ladder and he still has a big contract.  He cannot play with Embid..so let's fix that by trading Embid? Philly also overpaid Tobias.  That team is a laughing stock.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:24 am

to me T. Harris has the second worst contract in the NBA right now, behind J. Wall.

CP3 is third for me, but he is the best payer of the three even at his advanced (for the NBA) age. Paul also "only" has two years left on his $40M plus deal.

how can Morey get out of the mess he was left?

move Horford to NO and get Redick back along with Ball.

Horford can help teach Zion and Hayes how to pro players in the NBA . They still have Holiday, Zion, Ingram, Hayes, Josh Hart, Alexander-Walker and Horford plus the #13 pick in the draft. I think they are playoff team with that lineup.

second trade is moving T. Harris bad contract to the knicks for the #8 pick in the draft. The knicks can clear cap space by releasing B. Portis ($15.5M non-guaranteed), Gibson ( saves $8M) and W. Ellington (saves $7M). Now Harris can slide into that cap space.

now Morey has a roster of :

Embiid, Simmons, Richardson, Redick, Ball, Korkmaz, Milton, #8 pick in the draft, the non-taxpayer MLE (around $9M). and a team UNDER the tax line next season.

rebuild done, your welcome Morey......now instead tear them up like your did in Houston instead please!!

Very Happy
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:33 am

kdp59 wrote:to me T. Harris has the second worst contract in the NBA right now, behind J. Wall.

CP3 is third for me, but he is the best payer of the three even at his advanced (for the NBA) age. Paul also "only" has two years left on his $40M plus deal.

how can Morey get out of the mess he was left?

move Horford to NO and get  Redick back along with Ball.

Horford  can help teach Zion and Hayes how to pro players in the NBA . They still have Holiday, Zion, Ingram, Hayes, Josh Hart, Alexander-Walker and Horford plus the #13 pick in the draft. I think they are playoff team with that lineup.

second trade is moving T. Harris bad contract to the knicks for the #8 pick in the draft. The knicks can clear cap space by releasing B. Portis ($15.5M non-guaranteed), Gibson ( saves $8M) and W. Ellington (saves $7M). Now Harris can slide into that cap space.

now Morey has a roster of :

Embiid, Simmons, Richardson, Redick, Ball, Korkmaz, Milton, #8 pick in the draft, the non-taxpayer MLE (around $9M). and a team UNDER the tax line next season.

rebuild done, your welcome Morey......now instead tear them up like your did in Houston instead please!!

Very Happy

kdp,

There's no way New Orleans would give up Redick and Ball in a package for Hortford.
It looks like father time is catching up to Hortford quickly.

Also, there's no way the Knicks would give up the #8 or probably any draft pick for Tobias Harris.
Harris on that Knicks team is still one of the worst 5 teams in the league for years to come.
I wouldn't want Tobias Harris and his contract for free with that ugly contract.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:32 am

Redick is older than Horford...Ball is Ball...will soon be on his third team of many likely before he's out of the NBA. I see it as a win win for both teams.

as for Harris......all I can say is NEVER underestimate how stupid the Knicks can be!!

remember I am not always serious here...any use of emojis is a clue!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down