What a mess!!

4 posters

Go down

What a mess!! Empty What a mess!!

Post by dbrown4 Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:43 am

Well, the league is really trying their best to keep games and teams up and running but at the same time satisfying established COVID protocols. But this is getting crazy. Another general play stoppage and shut down? Not yet, but it has to now be in the backs of everyone's minds. We were close yesterday. PHI/DEN may not escape. But a postponement is better than a 2nd shutdown.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30677190/philadelphia-76ers-await-nba-ruling-saturday-game-vs-denver-nuggets

db

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

What a mess!! Empty Re: What a mess!!

Post by worcester Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:17 am

Vaccine rollout could be a positive game changer for the NBA and the USA.

Personally, I'm hoping that the Johnson and Johnson Phase 3 vax trial of 46,000 started 12/17/2020 goes well. I like the science behind that vaccine the best.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:07 pm

My in-laws were part of the Phizer COVID vaccine testing. GOt paid to participate and everything. I'm guessing everybody that can get in on it in Big Pharma are hoping to have the winning lottery ticket.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:01 pm

worcester wrote:Vaccine rollout could be a positive game changer for the NBA and the USA.

Personally, I'm hoping that the Johnson and Johnson Phase 3 vax trial of 46,000 started 12/17/2020 goes well. I like the science behind that vaccine the best.

Worcester

The J & J vaccine is similar to the AstraZeneca vaccine platform. Why do you prefer it over the RNA vaccines platforms developed by Moderna and Pfizer? Is it primarily due to storage temperature requirements (Pfizer in particular)

AstraZeneca is rolling out a new 30,000 person trial in the US. As you know they had some efficacy results that combined two different trials together where the dosages given were different. I believe the new trial should at the least quantify the proper dosage.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:06 pm

dbrown4 wrote:My in-laws were part of the Phizer COVID vaccine testing.  GOt paid to participate and everything.  I'm guessing everybody that can get in on it in Big Pharma are hoping to have the winning lottery ticket.

db

One of my son's in Boston who works in the medical field got his first dose of the pfizer vaccine.

If you have money to invest doing so in one of these company's that makes the vaccine may be a good long term investment. I'm no scientist but I think we will find ourselves needing an annual shot every year.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:41 pm

dboss, J&J's vax is based on DNA, not RNA, inside an Adenovirus. I think this will make it longer acting and more efficacious. We will know by February, as their Phase 3 trial should be completed this month.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine.html
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:10 pm

worcester wrote:dboss, J&J's vax is based on DNA, not RNA, inside an Adenovirus. I think this will make it longer acting and more efficacious. We will know by February, as their Phase 3 trial should be completed this month.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine.html

Worcester the interesting similarity is that although J & J begins with a DNA platform, it is still transcribed into MRNA.  At that point it seems to resemble Moderna and Pfizer.  There  is an extra step in the DNA platform.  

Read an article that estimates that the mrna dissolves over a shot period of time. {for the RNA based Moderna and Pfizer vaccines} (Like 48 hours)  I know that the JJ  version goes into the nucleus of the cell first before it is transcribed into a MRNA and then translated into the S protein.   So I guess in the end the question is the length of time the body can generate an immune response post vaccination.  A recent study indicates that people who were infected developed an immune response (no vaccine) still retain some measure for up to 8 months.  I hope the vaccine will meet or exceed that timeframe.  

As more research is done, scientists will learn more about this virus.  That will take time.   The amazing aspect of the development of these vaccines is how quickly they are coming on line.  

I am very comfortable with the RNA platforms and will also be fine with the DNA versions once the trials have been completed.  There are a lot of vaccines in development around the globe.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:15 pm

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 3 hours ago
Source says that an eighth Celtic has gone into health and safety protocol, thus forcing postponement of their game in Chicago tomorrow. Unclear if it's due to a positive test or contact tracing. Fate of Wednesday's game against Orlando up in air.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:26 am

bobh,  

Looks like about a week off of games for Boston I'm going to guess.  We're at 2+ already.

If there is any good news, we haven't played two games lately and we're in 1st Place!!!  Plus we're getting all the COVID out of our systems first!  The rest of the league will more than likely have to experience the same thing.  We're nothing special as far as COVID goes.  It is no respecter of persons or NBA teams for that matter.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down