+5
MDCelticsFan
jeb
beat
mrkleen09
Brandon$$
9 posters

Go down

Charles Barkley Rips LeBron, Labels Miami's Big Three as "Punks" Empty Charles Barkley Rips LeBron, Labels Miami's Big Three as "Punks"

Post by Brandon$$ Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:42 pm

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/12/charles-barkley-rips-lebron-miamis-big-three-as-punks/

Charles Barkley weighed in Wednesday on a recent Twitter statement by LeBron James. Barkley, a TNT analyst and former NBA All-Star, said he hopes James remembers Barkley's critical comments and called a couple of James' more significant actions this summer "punk" moves.

"I heard about LeBron's little tweet today that he's remembering everybody who said anything bad about him," Barkley said Thursday on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM in Dallas/Fort Worth. "And he said 'everybody.' Well, I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that (list).

"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."

Barkley spoke on "Galloway and Company," hosted by Randy Galloway, Ian Fitzsimmons and Matt Mosley. Barkley referred to a Twitter post by James -- under the name King James -- in which he said: "Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!"

James has been criticized for leaving Cleveland and for announcing it on a national TV special on ESPN set up by him and his handlers. He also was the subject of a story on ESPN.com about a birthday party in a Las Vegas club that sounded more hedonistic than humble. The story was later removed because ESPN said its reporter did not state clearly he was writing a story (the accuracy of the story was never questioned).

In addition to the TV special, Barkley also weighed in on a rally at American Airlines Arena where James, Chris Bosh and Wade were treated like rock stars and talked about themselves as arguably the greatest trio ever to play in the NBA and future winners of five, six, seven championships.

Galloway and his co-host chuckled at Barkley's remarks, then said they enjoyed the fact Barkley wanted James to include him on his list.

"He's got enough people kissing his ass with his family and all the people who work for him," Barkley said. "We don't have to tell him what he wants to hear all the time. That's one of the reasons why ... some of these young guys ... my opinion is he should have stayed in Cleveland.

"That one-hour special, them jumping around on stage like punks, that wasn't cool to me. From a basketball standpoint, I wish he had stayed in Cleveland, and if he takes that as criticism, so be it.

"He knows where I'll be, I don't run. I'm on TV every week, I'm easy to find."
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Charles Barkley Rips LeBron, Labels Miami's Big Three as "Punks" Empty Re: Charles Barkley Rips LeBron, Labels Miami's Big Three as "Punks"

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Good for Charles. Tell it like it is
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Charles Barkley Rips LeBron, Labels Miami's Big Three as "Punks" Empty Re: Charles Barkley Rips LeBron, Labels Miami's Big Three as "Punks"

Post by beat Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 pm

I just can't imagine the "king" taking mental notes of anything.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:36 pm

I guess I should be but I am not even worried about those guys...not this coming year. I just dont think there is going to be enough basketballs.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:09 am

Kudos to Sir Charles for not falling into Stern's media company line, and telling it, as Wolfman Jack would say, "like it T-I-S 'TIS." I wish no good for Miami as long as this contrived trio is together as a trio. Even more disappointing than James in this mess is Wade, who I HAD great respect for. Flash allowed Riley to maniplate him like a puppet to orchestrate this move. There HAS to have been SOME tampering while Bosh & James were under contract to their former teams. Riley SHOULD be prosecuted with a law suit. Of course those are the kind of suits Riley can't model on the bench and sideline. Maybe something in stripes, not Beechnut gum, or an old Bill Murray movie!-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:54 am

I have to laugh, as much as LeBron is a jerk, it seems that Bosh is a bigger one. He is out there saying he is going to write a book about this experience, that he "played with people's emotions", and in general, thinks he is sitting on top of the world. This disregard for people and their feelings, the way Wade played with Chicago, when he knew all along he wasn't going there, the way LeBron played with Cleveland, the team, the the fans, the owner, it all stinks of players who really don't care about any
thing but money, they don't deserve the admiration of fans. Sure, Miami sold out all it's season tickets (then they fired the whole ticket staff) so the name of the game is money. I can only hope that they fall flat on their face this year, with Riley as the one who comes out as the biggest ass......

For once I will say bravo to Barkley for opening up his mouth and saying what alot of players are feeling.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:43 am

Rosalie

Are there really going to be any teams in the league that are not going to want to take these guys out? Not saying hurt them intentionally but certainly be quite physical with them.

Over the entire course of the season taking every teams best shot litterally and figuratively what will they be like come May?

According to VanGundy they will threaten the Bulls record for wins in a season. And the trophy might just as well be carved now.

Perhaps they will be successful on the court but they will pay a price.

As for your money thing....yeah they are playing for maybe less money than they could have gotten elsewhere, bfd. So what exactly DID they leave on the table? A lot more than a couple mill thats for sure.

I agree nothing could please me more than watching this chemisty project blow up. So in mid January if they are say 23-23 whom will look like the biggest thre fools since the 3 Stooges? (but I liked those 3 stooges)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:20 am

There is no state tax in Florida, so they really didn't lose that much anyway. It
wasn't about money, it was about arrogance. Look at that press display they put on, have you ever seen three more stupid idiots in your life? And Riley was sitting there, with his false teeth showing, smiling during the whole thing. He
really thinks he has pulled one off.

You are right, only time will tell. It certainly will be interesting. As far as VanGundy is concerned, he just likes to hear himself talk.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:35 am

Hi,
This thing about getting less money is a pure bs. They, LJ and Bosh, will compensate their salary on taxes and the "hoopla" created about their move to Miami.
As for Barkley, he continues to play his role that was scripted for him by TNT producers: contrarian with smart-ass remarks. I think his position on the subject is in-line with the ones of the other 2 legends, Magic and MJ. They were just much more diplomatic.

I, too, hope that these 3 clowns fall on their faces. If they succeed, it may open the "floodgate" that will dramatically accelerate NBA's fall into WWF-land.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:51 am

i'm prolly a minority here, and as much as i hated Barkley the player, ive always respected how he calls 'em as he see's him, i dont always agree with him, but the fact he suger coats nothing has always appealed to me.

as for his opionion of King Nothing and his court jesters.. i'm on board with Sir Chuck all the way. This season i could find myself actauly cheering for the lakers when they play miami the ONLY times they will meet this season- during the reguler season.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:49 am

Matty

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:00 pm

LeBron James is set to release his own line of headphones. The sound quality is amazing as it has no ring.

Charles Barkley Rips LeBron, Labels Miami's Big Three as "Punks" 610x10

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:12 pm

beat wrote:

LeBron James is set to release his own line of headphones. The sound quality is amazing as it has no ring.

Charles Barkley Rips LeBron, Labels Miami's Big Three as "Punks" 610x10

beat

beat,

Bad doom boom. No, really folks, it's great to be back in NY...

:-)

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:15 pm

OK

Why did Lebron head down south?

Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Because his mother went West.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down