+3
RosalieTCeltics
Shamrock1000
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Rest In Peace Empty Rest In Peace

Post by bobheckler Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:08 pm

I just got a 'memory' on Facebook reminding me that I found out that Dick Dorr, aka Sam (of Sam's Celtic Discussion Board), passed away 6 years ago today.

Bob Heckler
August 22, 2015
I just found out a good friend of mine passed away.
Have a good trip, Dick.  I'll see you again and we'll  catch up.

It hasn't been the same without him, not without Jeb either, but we do our best.

Bob

Last edited by bobheckler on Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rest In Peace Empty Re: Rest In Peace

Post by Shamrock1000 Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:42 pm

bobheckler wrote:I just a 'memory' on Facebook reminding me that I found out that Dick Dorr, aka Sam (of Sam's Celtic Discussion Board), passed away 6 years ago today.

Bob Heckler
August 22, 2015
I just found out a good friend of mine passed away.
Have a good trip, Dick.  I'll see you again and we'll  catch up.

I hasn't been the same without him, not without Jeb either, but we do our best.

Bob

RIP Sam and Jeb. I hope they check in on the board occasionally and see the original vision is still intact.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:33 pm

Things just have not been the same without Sam, and Jeb.....he was my buddy, I loved him dearly. The wonderful conversations, about, of Course, the Celtics, but so many other things. I only met him face to face that one time, when I joined you all in Boston for dinner and a game. But that did not mean anything to him. I was taken by his knowledge his kindness, his caring, for all of us.
Jeb...he made me laugh. We had many, many conversations, one of the last shortly before he passed away when he told me late one night "Rosalie, I am really going to miss you" Tears in y eyes, and sadness in my heart knowing he was going to be gone shortly.

This is why I joined Sam's in the beginning, friendships, laughter, and naturally a love of the Celtics, win, lose or whatever. Times were great back then, and there are some of you here who were there then and are here now. You know who you are. The ones we have lost, are truly missed, but life goes on

God bless them both, it was a fun time wasn't it?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:14 pm

Both gone but never forgotten.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:34 pm

When I received the news from Sally, I was in shock the whole day!  Dick gone, I could not believe it.  The founder and voice of reason of this Forum gone.  It was a tough loss for me personally as I also was involved with him in helping me in a number of business projects I was involved with.

A great guy!

A quote from a great film Summer of 42 sums it up for me.

“Life is made up of many comings and goings and for everything that we take with us, we must leave something behind” ...

Dick left something behind for my wife and I.  Some great memories, a visit to their old and new homes, dinners on the Cape and in Boston with Dick and his lovely wife Sally, and Celtic games with forum members.   Yes, I did take those great memories with me.

God bless you Dick, we will meet again I am sure!

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:21 am

Not getting to meet Sam face to face is one of the big disappointments in my life. The way he showed personal interest in others is a quality sorely lacking in our world.

Dick Dorr you are still loved and missed, only hope our paths cross finely on the next go around.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:42 am

My kids loved Sam/Dick, we didn’t talk that often, but the few times we did at the beginning my kids were toddlers and they liked hearing his voice over the phone, Johnny said he had a funny voice. Then in 09 we had the 2nd Celtic board party in NYC, a tribute dinner in Chinatown to Red at NY Noodletown, Red loved Chinese food and all who went remember what a great feast that was; and then the Celtic-Magic playoff game the next day at a Boston sports bar in NYC Professor Thoms, my kids went to that one cause they really wanted to meet Sam. Those were great times, I’d watch Celtic games, the 2 kids would be next to me or on my lap and they’d want to see what we and Sam were saying during the game.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down