+5
bobheckler
gyso
cowens/oldschool
Celtics17
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2022 - 2023 POST GAME DENVER - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: 2022 - 2023 POST GAME DENVER - HOME

Post by gyso Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:43 pm

Danilo reminds us that he is still part of the team!

Back to top Go down

2022 - 2023 POST GAME DENVER - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: 2022 - 2023 POST GAME DENVER - HOME

Post by dboss Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:46 pm

The Boston Celtics moved into 2nd place in the East with a dominating 131-112 victory over the Nuggets.

The Celtics are ranked #2 in 3 point shooting at 39.1% and they rank #1 in true shooting percentage.  They are also #1 in offensive rating at 120.2

What we have here is an offensive juggernaut unlike any we have seen in the entire history of our beloved franchise.

There are a lot of factors at play here but the main driving force in the Celtics ability to put up big points game after is the pairing of Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown.  

The supporting cast is impressive.  We have ballers on this deep roster that are excellent shooters and everyone understands that winning basketball is a game of movement.

Rookie coach Joe Mazzula has implemented an enhanced style of offense.  Our spacing is as good as I have ever seen.  Our ball movement and off the ball action has replaced the standing around away from the ball fixtures.  Our perimeter offensive firepower has been linked to our attack into the teeth of the defense where we are seeing perfect picture cuts to the rim off of screen actions.  The Jays are more lethal than ever with their ability to beat the defense off the bounce.  The players have reached a new level of understanding in how a team oriented offense should perform.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:08 pm

gyso wrote:And he wasn't tossed like a salad after review . . .

Grant took a sly half step to his left into Gordon's way. Plenty of time and space for Gordon to go around him, but Grant set Gordon up for that foul.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:28 pm

bobheckler wrote:Once again the Celtics' schedule collided with my Friday Happy Hour.  I'm going to have to work this out, somehow.  Unfortunately it's a post-work get-together for a bunch of old farts who don't want to start @ 7 or 8 because it's past their bedtime (or, at least, they're thinking about it).

A nice 19 point blow out of a team that had an identical record to ours coming in, a good test, especially without Brogdon and, of course, RWill.   This was not an easy game on the schedule.  Our total fgas were comparable to theirs, as were ftas, rebounds, turnovers and 3pt fg%.  The differences were 3pt fgas and fast break points.

Denver's defense isn't anything to write home about but they have the #5 offense in the league and that's after only scoring 112 last night.  We are, of course, the #1 offense.  After digging in my heels for so many decades on the importance of having an elite defense, and I haven't abandoned that, it's weird to me to accept that our success is due to Joe's offense.

Denver's #5 offense is #1 in fg% and #1 in 3pt fg%.  We are 2nd in both, right behind them.  Last night we took 37 3pt fgas vs 29 for them.  37 3pt fgas out of a total of 90 is very low for us.  We also had 18 fast break points vs 11 for them.  3s and speed, that's Joe's offense.  If you told me this last month I'd shake my head but "you are your record" and our 9-3 record ties us with Portland with the 3rd best record in the NBA.  It's hard to argue with that.  Milwaukee lost their 2nd game last night, they're 10-2, and are still just 1 game ahead of us.  In the west former Boston Celtic assistant coach, and now Utah head coach, Will Hardy has his no-superstar team at 10-3, just 1/2 game ahead of us.

And we're waiting for the return of DPOY candidate The Time Lord.  Oh boy, this could get really, really good.

Pritchard with minutes in Brogdon's absence.  I really enjoyed watching his highlight film, especially those two offensive rebounds (go figure).  Smart went crazy on the bench to those plays by PP, as he should.  4 offensive rebounds for the shortest guy on the floor.  Be still my racing heart.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401468331

Bob

Is it too early to say Joe has this offense playing at a higher level than Ime? And if Ime was still here the offense might not be at this level? Having Brogden and emergence of Hauser helps, but love the beatdowns and pace and easy baskets galore!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:35 pm

dboss wrote:The Boston Celtics moved into 2nd place in the East with a dominating 131-112 victory over the Nuggets.

The Celtics are ranked #2 in 3 point shooting at 39.1% and they rank #1 in true shooting percentage.  They are also #1 in offensive rating at 120.2

What we have here is an offensive juggernaut unlike any we have seen in the entire history of our beloved franchise.

There are a lot of factors at play here but the main driving force in the Celtics ability to put up big points game after is the pairing of Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown.  

The supporting cast is impressive.  We have ballers on this deep roster that are excellent shooters and everyone understands that winning basketball is a game of movement.

Rookie coach Joe Mazzula has implemented an enhanced style of offense.  Our spacing is as good as I have ever seen.  Our ball movement and off the ball action has replaced the standing around away from the ball fixtures.  Our perimeter offensive firepower has been linked to our attack into the teeth of the defense where we are seeing perfect picture cuts to the rim off of screen actions.  The Jays are more lethal than ever with their ability to beat the defense off the bounce.  The players have reached a new level of understanding in how a team oriented offense should perform.

+1

Exactly, loving this offense, we have way more firepower this early part of the season than I ever imagined, it’s about the execution, understanding and everything you mentioned. WOW!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:
gyso wrote:And he wasn't tossed like a salad after review . . .

Grant took a sly half step to his left into Gordon's way.  Plenty of time and space for Gordon to go around him, but Grant set Gordon up for that foul.

Bob

As much as I like this play, I wonder what would have happened if Grant pulled this shoot on Dave Cowens in his heyday?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:27 pm

It is quite special Rosalie. Quite.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:34 pm

dboss wrote:The Boston Celtics moved into 2nd place in the East with a dominating 131-112 victory over the Nuggets.

No way to sum it up better than you just did, dboss.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2