NBA Awards - A New Category Needs to be Introduced

Go down

NBA Awards - A New Category Needs to be Introduced Empty NBA Awards - A New Category Needs to be Introduced

Post by dboss Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:10 pm

For a long time I have not been able to look at the All NBA Teams and believe that an important element is not missing.

While there is an award for the top defenders - All-Defensive Team, there is no award for an All-Offensive team. The NBA seems to be unable to make a definitive difference between offense and defense. I think the solution should be to introduce a new category for All-Offensive Team.

The All NBA teams should be for players that are the best two-way players in the league. It is possible that the very special player could make all 3 teams. Also, I think that 15 players per award should be selected for offense, defensive and both. In other words, lets have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team awards.

With a total of 450 players in the league (excluding 2-way players) having 3 teams for 3 awards would amount to 45 players awarded. If a player made just 1 of the 3 teams it would represent just .03% of all NBA players (15/450)

There are several great offensive players that do not play a lick of defense so why should they be All-NBAers?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down