How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat?

+2
RosalieTCeltics
gyso
6 posters

Go down

How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat?

How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Vote_lcap11%How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
dboss
How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Vote_lcap78%How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 7 ]
bobc33, willjr, pete, Shamrock1000, Celtics17, sinus007, gyso
How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Vote_lcap0%How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Vote_lcap11%How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
dbrown4
How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Vote_lcap0%How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Empty How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat?

Post by gyso Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:55 am

Here is a quick little poll to see how the board feels about the first round.

There will be no vote cancelling, go ahead and give it your best and final shot!

Last edited by gyso on Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Empty Re: How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat?

Post by gyso Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:58 am

I chose "Win in 5 games".

While my brain says 4 games, my heart says 5. I would like the Celtics home crowd to get the chance to wave goodbye to the Heat in Game 5.

Back to top Go down

How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat? Empty Re: How do the Celtics fare in the First Round Vs. the Heat?

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:11 am

My heart wants to say 4, but I already lost $10 to my son, I thought Chicago will pull that game off last night and they got murdered!!!! so., I will go with 5, throw them a bone and give them one game. I really want a sweep
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:31 am

I agree with beating the Heat in 5, but we better execute against their zone. I don't know what to expect tomorrow. Will we be rusty or so well rested that we just execute flawlessly? Either way Go Celtics!! It's go time.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:25 pm

Well, it can't get any worse than last year's series vs. MIA except a sweep by MIA.  I'd be willing to posit with great accuracy and to bet dboss's paycheck that if we come out and for any reason(s) lose G1 after all the changes for the better, it will be a sweep by the Heat, mimicking MIA vs. MIL first round last year.  

The good news is, I believe we are better for wear than last year's team.  We have the zone buster in KP.  We have the defensive stopper in JH, we have the all-around 3-way player DW plus JT and JB are one year older and wiser.  

The question is how much better.  MIA is such a thorn in our sides.  I'm going to go with Boston in 7.  Boston best not come in with just revenge on its mind.  Just ask CHI.  They need to systematically, unabashedly take the Heat to the woodshed.  

I hope you guys and gal are correct.  I'd love to see this over in 5 or even over in 4 and Eric Spoelstra blow a gasket.  To me Eric Spoelstra is the NBA version of Dean Smith.  HATED him growing up because I was an NC State fan.  But I came to respect him after he retired.  I don't know if an Eric Spoelstra team is better than a Celtics team, but he's up 2-1 on us now.  If they beat us this time, it's kinda over.  There's no rivalry.  They will have our number and like it or not, as Celtic fans we're going to have to fess up to it.  We begin to become and look like the Lakers of the 60's vs. the Celtics.  Then they're in our heads.  Just what MIA wants.  

So it is paramount we make quick, efficient work of this series.  This round cannot in any way, shape or form resemble last year's debacle.  Period.  

Boston in 7.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:46 pm

I also went with Celtics in 5. Not sure how long Butler and Rozier will be out, or how effective they will be when they come back.

Regardless we should win the series, and I’m hoping the first two series are over quickly so Horford, Porzingis and Holiday all are well rested for the tougher teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:51 pm

I got the Celtics winning in 4.  I really cannot think of a good reason why they should let the Heat win one game.

The Celtics have mismatch advantages all over the court.  There is no need for CJ to be squeamish.  Use the depth particularly at center to pound the Heat in a relentless manner.

The Heat embarrassed our Celtics last year and that makes me hot under the collar.  I demand brutality.  I want to see the no layup drill implemented.  Punch them in the mouth first.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:18 pm

+1 tripled!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:11 pm

Kornet is out with a calf injury.

Maybe we see more Tillman and Queta.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down