Trade Talk, AND ACTUAL TRADES Post-Season 2023-2024

3 posters

Go down

Trade Talk, AND ACTUAL TRADES Post-Season 2023-2024 Empty Trade Talk, AND ACTUAL TRADES Post-Season 2023-2024

Post by bobheckler Sat May 18, 2024 11:17 am

The season is over for 23 out of 30 teams. The NBA Combine just finished. The Draft Lottery was held and positions are now set. The only thing left is for teams to start talking about who goes and who stays and, maybe, how those decisions affect their draft positions.

Other than nibbling around the edges I don't see Brad making major moves this off season, but every trade has an impact on that. If a big name player is traded to one of our rivals in the East or West Brad might think he needs more than just replacing our end-of-benchers with other end-of-benchers. Maybe he becomes more active in seeking a new home for the rarely used Tillman and Springer, who are end-of-benchers now but people generally assume they will play more next year with a camp and pre-season under Joe.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Trade Talk, AND ACTUAL TRADES Post-Season 2023-2024 Empty Re: Trade Talk, AND ACTUAL TRADES Post-Season 2023-2024

Post by bobheckler Sat May 18, 2024 11:18 am

The Raptors have until June 29 (two days after the draft) to exercise an option on the $23 million (U.S.) he’s owed next season — a valuable expiring contract to put on the market. The sense from a handful of league sources is that the Raptors are likely to pick up the option, then turn around and deal Brown quickly rather than wait until the 2025 trade deadline.
Source: Toronto Star

The Cleveland Cavaliers could reportedly look into moving center Jarrett Allen this offseason amid rumors and speculation regarding Donovan Mitchell’s future with the franchise. ESPN’s Brian Windhorst reported the following on Friday’s episode of the Hoop Collective: “I would just say that while there’s an extreme interest and excitement probably from certain fanbases to go to the trade machine and work out Donovan Mitchell trades—and maybe those will be needed in a month, we’ll see—I would think the Cavs are going to be spending more time in this next month looking at possible Jarrett Allen trades and what that can bring.”
Source: Bleacher Report

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Trade Talk, AND ACTUAL TRADES Post-Season 2023-2024 Empty Re: Trade Talk, AND ACTUAL TRADES Post-Season 2023-2024

Post by worcester Sat May 18, 2024 11:45 am

Name of the Raptor's player?
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat May 18, 2024 11:47 am

worcester wrote:Name of the Raptor's player?

Oops. Somehow that got left out.

Bruce Brown.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun May 19, 2024 2:36 pm

The Celtics can ill afford adding any significant contracts to the mix.

I think that guys like Springer and Walsh could get a bump up next year. Springer is a legit on the ball defender but needs more offense. Brissett has a player option but after watching him this year I can honestly say that he is not a trusted guy that will play. He's getting no run in the playoff because he could not make a basket if his life depended on it.

Sooner or later the Celtics will have to find a replacement for AH. Basically a floor stretching center.

I think the focus will be to resign Tatum and White and after the sticker shot hits the bottom line, the Celtics will not be prone to adding expensive additions. Make no doubt about it. They can be found at vet minimum levels. Would you rather have a Derrick Jones or Brissett.

Anyways, I am not going to go too deep into this because my focus is squarely on the ECF.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down