Post Game - Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers - Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - Game 1 Eastern Finals (W-OT 1-0)

+5
sinus007
dbrown4
Berlin-T
RosalieTCeltics
gyso
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Post Game - Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers - Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - Game 1 Eastern Finals (W-OT 1-0) - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Game - Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers - Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - Game 1 Eastern Finals (W-OT 1-0)

Post by dboss Wed May 22, 2024 9:40 pm

I did not think that Indy's defense was good. We should not assume that they have no issues

They could not shut anybody down.

We could have and should have blown them out.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game - Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers - Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - Game 1 Eastern Finals (W-OT 1-0) - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Game - Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers - Tuesday, May 21, 2024 - Game 1 Eastern Finals (W-OT 1-0)

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 22, 2024 11:23 pm

Celtics17 wrote:As you know I have been pretty critical of JB because of his FT shooting, but let me just say this guy is one tremendous player. Not only did he hit the biggest shot of the game (and the biggest in the season so far), but he nailed two critical FTs to make the score 115-114, made the biggest defensive play of the game to force the turnover to get the ball back to have a shot to tie, then made another key steal in OT. He is the leader of this team. It's a shame he probably won't make All NBA and was left off the All Defensive teams because he deserves those honors, but I'm happy he wears Green!!!

Jrue was also tremendous. He gives us whatever is needed. Last night he scored, assisted, and made huge defensive plays. The pass that set up JB for the three was perfect. Not an easy pass to make. This guy is the real deal.

JT also deserves alot of credit. Yeah he went cold down the stretch of the 4th quarter, but hit the two biggest shots of the game in OT. He also worked his tail off on defense and grabbed a ton of boards.

This was great win, but let's face it, we didn't play very well. Al is playing his butt off, but they are targeting him every time. Switching on fast guards is hard on any big man, and he's 38 years old. I really think Queta or Tillman have to play. We got these guys for their defense, give them a shot. I like what Luke has done, but defensively he is no match for Turner, Siakam or their guards. Overall, they shot 54%. I think they hit some lucky ones (especially Haliburton), but our D has to be better. We have to dictate a slower pace while still taking advantage of transition opportunities.

This next game is key. Both JB and JT said we have to play better. The coaches have to make some adjustments to slow them down. 54% is unacceptable. I know we can do better.

Agree with everything you said 17, you just saved my fat fingers alot of typing.

Just wanted to add I love Luke, but in certain match ups he is such a defensive liability and this is one of them. Even spry Al is being attacked and scored on repeatedly. I know Al can’t go 48, we have got to use Queta. Luke is too much a liability against this speedy team and Al can’t go 48. Right now with the Final Four, it is so apparent how much we need Zinger; but this is the playoffs deepest level and no one will feel sorry for us.

Joe has a lot of homework to do, they are hunting our centers, shooting right in their face or making cuts off that for easy looks. Haven’t seen our vaunted defense shredded like that in a long time. Somehow we pulled it out. Remarkable game from Jaylen, so many big clutch plays both ends. He’s carrying us and JT right now, I don’t care what the stats say. Actually brilliant move to go to Jaylen instead of Jayson on the shot that saved our season by coach Joe. Tatum did have some great blanketing defense too, but need more efficient scoring from him, like we have seen in previous playoff series from seasons past. Now is as good a time as any to turn into some version of the Black Mamba.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed May 22, 2024 11:47 pm

Pacers are 2-6 on the road.  Good teams play defense and they win on the road because of it.

Kornet is our 3rd string center.  AH at his age can only do so much.  I really think that CJ should start getting Queta some minutes.  We need more physicality from our centers.  Kornet is soft. 

When we go to the next round we will be disadvantaged as both Mavs and Wolves are big physical teams across their front lines.

Last edited by dboss on Thu May 23, 2024 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 23, 2024 12:21 am

dboss wrote:Pacers are 2-6 on the road.  Good teams play defense and they win on the round because of it.

Kornet is our 3rd string center.  Ah at his age can only do so much.  I really think that CJ should start getting Queta some minutes.  We need more physicality from our centers.  Kornet is soft. 

When we go to the next round we will be disadvantaged as both Mavs and Wolves are big physical teams across their front lines.

Mavs have done a great job with an in season rebuild after the Jalen Brunson fiasco. Gafford and PJ Washington have been huge, further building around Luka. I have been pining for Gafford for a few years now, he does some similar things on the floor as Timelord, wish Brad would have listened to me. In tonight’s game he and Lively outrebounded KAT and Gobert.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 23, 2024 12:26 am

Celtics17 wrote:As you know I have been pretty critical of JB because of his FT shooting, but let me just say this guy is one tremendous player. Not only did he hit the biggest shot of the game (and the biggest in the season so far), but he nailed two critical FTs to make the score 115-114, made the biggest defensive play of the game to force the turnover to get the ball back to have a shot to tie, then made another key steal in OT. He is the leader of this team. It's a shame he probably won't make All NBA and was left off the All Defensive teams because he deserves those honors, but I'm happy he wears Green!!!

Jrue was also tremendous. He gives us whatever is needed. Last night he scored, assisted, and made huge defensive plays. The pass that set up JB for the three was perfect. Not an easy pass to make. This guy is the real deal.

JT also deserves alot of credit. Yeah he went cold down the stretch of the 4th quarter, but hit the two biggest shots of the game in OT. He also worked his tail off on defense and grabbed a ton of boards.

This was great win, but let's face it, we didn't play very well. Al is playing his butt off, but they are targeting him every time. Switching on fast guards is hard on any big man, and he's 38 years old. I really think Queta or Tillman have to play. We got these guys for their defense, give them a shot. I like what Luke has done, but defensively he is no match for Turner, Siakam or their guards. Overall, they shot 54%. I think they hit some lucky ones (especially Haliburton), but our D has to be better. We have to dictate a slower pace while still taking advantage of transition opportunities.

This next game is key. Both JB and JT said we have to play better. The coaches have to make some adjustments to slow them down. 54% is unacceptable. I know we can do better.

Just wanted to give Jaylen more love. IMHO he’s easily the best defensive wing in the game and its not even close and total BS that he was left off the all defensive teams!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu May 23, 2024 8:00 am

Now we are at the 3-Step Stage. Let's look at the first Step starting tonight. I'll continue this over the next 3 games. Here's what's going to happen.

1. Boston G2 anomaly. Coming to an end tonight in a big way. The Law of Averages. When was the last time we saw any team, playoffs or regular season, shoot 55-65% from the floor beyond one, maybe two games ever? They are playing WAY over their heads. IND has no defense either. Ours last game was suspect and can definitely be turned up several notches. Sloppy play on our end. I'll attribute that to rust. Tonight's game is about returning to the norm. We can shoot way better from 3-ville. Boston doesn't lay two eggs in succession. G1 for all intents and purposes was a tie. IND left everything out on the court and I don't mean that in a positive way for them. We played well. Not great. They cannot play any better than they did in G1. While we could play worse, the odds are not very good that this will happen. IND is playing better now than they did during the regular season. They are a 6th seed for a reason.

Tonight is all about reaching in IND's chest and grabbing their heart. Not going to rip it out tonight, just going to break through the IND collective rib cage and grab it. Get their full attention.

Remember, all this team is going to get by winning G2 is, "Well, you were supposed to win those two games." It will be the "Yeah, but..." from the media. Just watch. Nothing good comes from the first two games for the team with home court.

I'd even propose giving the team with home court the option of playing the first two games at home or on the road. Then, if you chose the road first, you get the next 3 at home and G7 at home. Back end load it instead of front end loading it like it's always been. This option would make Larry Bird happy as well since the team with home court would still get G5 at home. Just food for thought. The players want to win on the road more than winning at home anyway and the fans still get G7 at home plus three games in a row at home including G5.

OK. That's enough. Sit back and enjoy.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 23, 2024 10:18 am

Scott Agness @ScottAgness
NBA’s L2M Report for Game 1 at Boston
Two in correct calls.
– 1:46 4Q: Missed defensive 3-seconds call on Turner
– 1:01 4Q: Missed traveling call against Haliburton
Correct no-call on Brown grasping Siakam during throw-in with 10s, then Tatum defending Haliburton’s final shot. – 5:10 PM

Bob
MY NOTE:  With the Turner missed 3-second call @ 1:46 4Q, he ended up committing a personal foul @ 1:43, so 3 seconds later they ended up turning the ball over anyway (a makeup call?).  They were up 115-110 at the time.

With the missed travel on Haliburton @ 1:01 4Q, he ended up missing a 3pt shot 3 seconds later @ :58, so no harm no foul.  They were up 115-112 at the time.

Those were great defensive plays by the Js.  Jaylen's defense is why Siakam couldn't get a good handle on the inbounds pass.  He was glued to Siakam and forced him to make a hard cut to get free, which made for a tougher pass, and Jaylen got a finger on it and deflected it out of bounds off of Siakam.  Jayson ran out to challenge the shot even though Haliburton wasn't his man.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 23, 2024 10:40 am

bobheckler wrote:Scott Agness @ScottAgness
Two in correct calls.
Correct no-call on Brown grasping Siakam during throw-in with 10s, then Tatum defending Haliburton’s final shot. – 5:10 PM

Bob
MY NOTE:  With the Turner missed 3-second call @ 1:46 4Q, he ended up committing a personal foul @ 1:43, so 3 seconds later they ended up turning the ball over anyway (a makeup call?).  They were up 115-110 at the time.

With the missed travel on Haliburton @ 1:01 4Q, he ended up missing a 3pt shot 3 seconds later @ :58, so no harm no foul.  They were up 115-112 at the time.

Those were great defensive plays by the Js.  Jaylen's defense is why Siakam couldn't get a good handle on the inbounds pass.  He was glued to Siakam and forced him to make a hard cut to get free, which made for a tougher pass, and Jaylen got a finger on it and deflected it out of bounds off of Siakam.  Jayson ran out to challenge the shot even though Haliburton wasn't his man.

Jaylen is a stud!! He also had a key strip of Siakim in the OT, clutch defender!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Thu May 23, 2024 11:01 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Scott Agness @ScottAgness
Two in correct calls.

Bob

Jaylen is a stud!! He also had a key strip of Siakim in the OT, clutch defender!!

Cowens

Agree. Jaylen is a stud. It's a travesty he didn't make All-NBA or All-Defensive teams. It really is Celtic bias. For a 64 win team to not get 2 All NBA players is absurb. James and Davis (Lakers) and Durant and Booker (Suns) make it. It's so unfair. I guess wins don't matter. Whoever votes for these things know nothing about basketball. All they look at is stats. Jaylen should have been second team All-NBA.

The good thing is I think he will take it personally and destroy the competition that is remaining in the playoffs. Go Jaylen!!!!

Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2