Post Game - Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers - Monday, May 27, 2024 - Game 4 Eastern Finals (W 4-0)

+3
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
gyso
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Post Game - Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers - Monday, May 27, 2024 - Game 4 Eastern Finals (W 4-0) - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Game - Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers - Monday, May 27, 2024 - Game 4 Eastern Finals (W 4-0)

Post by Celtics17 Tue May 28, 2024 2:59 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Wow Wow Wow

This was all about composure in crunch time, which has to be the theme for the whole series. Jaylen again with some huge defensive plays, a great steal, then a huge block on breakout star and major problem for us the whole series Nembhard. And 2 huge clutch 3’s by Jaylen during the comeback, plus a great driving dunk by Jayson and a spectacular crossover up and under finger roll by Jaylen. He totally took over the game, also assisting on DWhite’s corner 3, drawing 2 defenders to cut off his drive. So happy he received the Larry Bird ECF MVP award, he didn’t do it by himself, but his plays both ends in the clutch this series were phenomenal and amazing. He made all the winning plays both ends in clutch time in this series. Actually if he didn’t make them Holiday did, as did Tatum and ofcourse DWhite, was a total team effort!! Thank you Jaylen!!!

Who says we can’t win with an offense of your turn, my turn with the 2 J’s? Mavs are basically doing same thing with Luka and Kyrie. This series was great for us. Pacers pushed us relentlessly all series. Might have been the closest sweep in playoff history as we were behind all game and pulled it out again in the clutch with winning plays both ends. Great job by coach Joe having us so poised at winning/clutch time. Again some incredible plays by Jaylen on defense and offense, just making so many big plays one after another.

Cowens

+1 agree totally with your take. Just a tremendous job by our boys!!!!

Now on to the Finals!!!!
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post Game - Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers - Monday, May 27, 2024 - Game 4 Eastern Finals (W 4-0) - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Game - Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers - Monday, May 27, 2024 - Game 4 Eastern Finals (W 4-0)

Post by dboss Tue May 28, 2024 4:23 pm

The Celtics DID NOT go 12-2 through 3 playoff rounds by playing my turn your turn basketball.  As a matter of fact that would be the anthesis of this team's maturation this season.

One only needs to consider the games that were won by guys like D White, J Holiday and OG Al Horford to totally dismiss that fake notion.  The Celtics more closely resemble a door knob...everybody gets a turn.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue May 28, 2024 4:42 pm

This AM the ESPN talking heads Udonis Haslem and Kendrick Perkins are genuine Celtics haters.  They have been quick to point out all the years the Celtics came up short but never ever do they care to mention how injuries to our team impacted winning in the playoffs over the years with the Jays.  

With the shoe on the other foot the haters can find solace in believing that the Celtics only won because other teams were injured and KP becomes an afterthought since his value is irrelevant in their eyes.

Also, I found it somewhat ironic that Cedric Maxwell was the one who presented the ECF MVP trophy to Jaylen Brown.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 28, 2024 5:31 pm

dboss,

I got a completely different read on UH!  I thought he was quite the opposite!  I thought so because I would figure an ex-MIA would have a bone to pick with Boston but could not believe some of the complimentary things he was saying about Boston!  Clearly I respect your opinion way more than anyone on the tube so I'll go back and re-listen.  Perk on the other hand...

Well I'm sure you have noticed like everyone else here probably the tone of the media has changed considerably in the last 24-48 hours toward Boston.  Once they get past the initial jab of the "cakewalk" to the Finals, everything else is resigning themselves to the inevitable...i.e. Boston is in the Finals and we're on the wrong effing horse. Now they have to regurgitate 17-5 Finals record!!!  

I'm waiting for Steven A. to jump to DAL.  It would be the third ship from which he's jumped.  Eventually, if you jump enough ships you will get on the right one!  There's only 3 left and the ship he's on just hit a huge iceberg in the Atlantic Ocean. The ship he originally bailed on (ironically the team that is now waiting on the WCF's winner) he jumped off about a month ago for the team that was going to "win the 2024 NBA Championship." The Timberwolves.  He got caught up in their phony #1 in the league defense hype.

We don't want him back in Boston.  He should take the advise he gave Anthony Edwards and shut his trap for the rest of the playoffs.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue May 28, 2024 7:38 pm

dbrown4 wrote:dboss,

I got a completely different read on UH!  I thought he was quite the opposite!  I thought so because I would figure an ex-MIA would have a bone to pick with Boston but could not believe some of the complimentary things he was saying about Boston!  Clearly I respect your opinion way more than anyone on the tube so I'll go back and re-listen.  Perk on the other hand...

Well I'm sure you have noticed like everyone else here probably the tone of the media has changed considerably in the last 24-48 hours toward Boston.  Once they get past the initial jab of the "cakewalk" to the Finals, everything else is resigning themselves to the inevitable...i.e. Boston is in the Finals and we're on the wrong effing horse.  Now they have to regurgitate 17-5 Finals record!!!    

I'm waiting for Steven A. to jump to DAL.  It would be the third ship from which he's jumped.  Eventually, if you jump enough ships you will get on the right one!  There's only 3 left and the ship he's on just hit a huge iceberg in the Atlantic Ocean. The ship he originally bailed on (ironically the team that is now waiting on the WCF's winner) he jumped off about a month ago for the team that was going to "win the 2024 NBA Championship." The Timberwolves.  He got caught up in their phony #1 in the league defense hype.  

We don't want him back in Boston.  He should take the advise he gave Anthony Edwards and shut his trap for the rest of the playoffs.  

db

Anyone that takes issue with Bill Russell's number being retired in Miami as well as every single NBA city has nothing to say that would change my opinion of him.

He is a very ignorant man that does not appreciate the historical significance of Russell's legacy. ESPN just puts anybody on there. He got on there and played the injury card because the Celtics smoked the Heat. I get it but in the bubble when we lost to them Kemba Walker's knee was gone and Hayward had a severely sprained ankle. Last year when the Celtics lost in 7 to them do you think JT's ankle injury at the beginning of the game impacted the final result? Injuries are part of the game.

At least Pat Riley got it right. It you were not available stop talking about what would have happened if you played.

As far as Stephen A is concerned, him and all the rest of the rabid NYK fans need extended visits with a reputable psychologist. I certainly do not want him riding on our wagon. We do not need him. He's a sensationist, egomaniac with a whistle in the wind finger. Celtics fans really do not need anyone to tell us about our team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 29, 2024 7:42 am

dboss wrote:The Celtics DID NOT go 12-2 through 3 playoff rounds by playing my turn your turn basketball.  As a matter of fact that would be the anthesis of this team's maturation this season.

One only needs to consider the games that were won by guys like D White, J Holiday and OG Al Horford to totally dismiss that fake notion.  The Celtics more closely resemble a door knob...everybody gets a turn.

Sure they did, that’s what I’m seeing and it has worked. The good thing is on the it’s your turn, it’s my turn, the J’s can still pass after the initial attack, doesn’t mean they always force the shot. They are taking turns initiating the offense.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2