Go down

Happy Birthday Empty Happy Birthday

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:56 am

Boston Celtics @celtics
about 7 minutes ago
Happy birthday @Obrissy ☘🎂🎉 pic.twitter.com/bVNhlR6j97

Happy Birthday GQhLt6fXkAA_kyi?format=jpg

Bob
MY NOTE:  Oshae is only 26 years old today.  Quite the week for him, I'd say.  I don't know where he'll be next year but nobody can ever take this away from him.

We all see the pictures of the Js holding the trophy but we sometimes forget that everybody gets to hold it.  I'll bet over this week everybody in the Celtic organization has touched, held it.  The receptionist, the travel coordinator, the file clerk, everybody.  Think of the mental impact on marginal players like Davison, Walsh, Queta, Svi and the rest of the "Stay Ready Despite Never Playing" crew.  Do you think being on the sidelines with the Champions, being in the locker room for the party and the official ceremony, holding the trophy in their own hands will have on their effort level during this off-season.  They now have a taste of what it takes to reach the mountaintop and they now know how it feels when you get there.  We all love that we won #18 (now on to #19!!) but I can't help but think of the seeds that have been planted in the minds and hearts of our young'uns and back office people who weren't here when we won 16 years ago in 2008.  Davison may be gone because he's in the 2nd year of his two-way contract with the Celtics and 2 years is the max, so they have to sign him for real or let him go, but how about Walsh and Queta?  The window of opportunity is going to be wide open for them next year.  My gut says that Luke will be moving to greener (as in money) pastures, which creates an opening big enough to drive a semi through for Queta, and Sam is in his last contract year and a shooter of his caliber will be in demand everywhere, and that's an opening for Jordan if his shooting improves (it doesn't have to be as good as Sam's, and it won't be, but it has to be good enough and then his defense will keep him on the floor.  Walsh's 3pt fg% in G-League last year was 36%.  Adequate, not great.  6'4" 205# Jaden Springer isn't big enough to replace 6'8" Sam Hauser on defense but 6'7" 205# Jordan Walsh is, although Walsh needs to put on 10-15# of muscle to be truly effective at that position).

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Empty Re: Happy Birthday

Post by dboss Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:59 am

It would be nice is Ray Allen had a chance to be involved with player development. Shooting coach or consultant? Guys like Brissett, Walsh, Springer and even Queta could become better players if they can become better offensive players. Let Ray teach them what a hitch-less shot looks like.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:01 pm

Good thinking dboss. Ray was meticulous in his training and shooting routine. Young uns could
learn a lot from him.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down