Updated Active Roster To Begin The Season

3 posters

Go down

Updated Active Roster To Begin The Season Empty Updated Active Roster To Begin The Season

Post by dboss Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:13 pm

Fans here have speculated  about who will be our 11th and 12th man.  It is a good question for a team that has a deep rotation.

However, it does miss the mark because, as you should know a total of 13 active players can suit up every game.  Not 12, 13.

With that in mind I am going to project who those 13 players might be.

JT
JB
AH
DW
JH

PP
SH
LK
XT
NQ

KP  (IR)

Those would be our top 11 players and we need to add 2 more to get to 13 but since KP will be out for a extended period, I am adding 3 more players to reach 13.

Jordon Walsh
Jayden Springer
Baylor Scheierman

Unless Baylor Scheierman makes some noise in the final 3 preseason games, he may be assigned to Maine.  

Please feel free to pick your own top 13.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Updated Active Roster To Begin The Season Empty Re: Updated Active Roster To Begin The Season

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:27 pm

dboss wrote:Fans here have speculated  about who will be our 11th and 12th man.  It is a good question for a team that has a deep rotation.

However, it does miss the mark because, as you should know a total of 13 active players can suit up every game.  Not 12, 13.

With that in mind I am going to project who those 13 players might be.

JT
JB
AH
DW
JH

PP
SH
LK
XT
NQ

KP  (IR)

Those would be our top 11 players and we need to add 2 more to get to 13 but since KP will be out for a extended period, I am adding 3 more players to reach 13.

Jordon Walsh
Jayden Springer
Baylor Scheierman

Unless Baylor Scheierman makes some noise in the final 3 preseason games, he may be assigned to Maine.  

Please feel free to pick your own top 13.

DBoss,

Your list makes sense. There's a reason why Brad brought back the entire gang.

I think Scheierman goes to Maine for most of the season anyway. The scuttlebutt around him is that he deserves more credit as a passer and offensive facilitator. If so the only real way to develop those skills is by playing a lot of minutes with the ball in your hands and that's only going to happen for him in Maine. Even then he'll need to pry the ball out of Davison's hands. Scheierman needs reps running Joe's offense and JD needs 3pt fgas. Let them, and the coaches, work that out.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Updated Active Roster To Begin The Season Empty Re: Updated Active Roster To Begin The Season

Post by dboss Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:08 pm

Bob I agree.  But let's see if he can improve on his 1-7 shooting from deep.

He is probably Maine bound anyways and he can get plenty of reps.  Since they are tasked with playing the same style he can work on things that may be transferable 

Getting ready to check out the Sixers on NBC SPORTS Philadelphia
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:23 am

Don't sleep on Jaden Springer, he plays good D and if he can get some consistency with his J he could be good. I have a feeling Lonnie won't make the team because the coaches think Springer is the better player.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:30 pm

Celtics17 wrote:Don't sleep on Jaden Springer, he plays good D and if he can get some consistency with his J he could be good. I have a feeling Lonnie won't make the team because the coaches think Springer is the better player.

Jaden is a high end defender but just needs to play defense without fouling.  He does not have a pure stroke and has never played enough minutes in the NBA to really find his mark.  He is only 22 years old so he still has some time to develop.   Any player in the 11-13 spot on this roster is not going to see a lot of playing time.  Shooting well is a matter of technique and reps.  

I would like to see the Celtics rotate several guys between Maine and Boston.  That includes Walsh, Springer, Davidson, Scheierman and Peterson.  There will be 2 open active roster spots available all season and 3 until Kristaps returns.  These developing players need reps, reps and more reps.  

The Celtics have a 3 guard rotation in most games except when JB slides down to the 2.  So there is simply not enough minutes available for anyone else to shine.  However  Jrue Holiday is 34 years old going into this season.  He is one tough cookie that plays defense all over the court.  He logged around 33 MPG last season.  It may be a good idea to cut back on his minutes during the regular season.  Maybe top him off at 30 MPG.  Jrue missed 13 games last season due to rest and a few bumps and bruises.  The health factor comes into play so a few of our deep bench guys needs to be ready to step in.

Lonnie Walker looks like a player without a team.  He has played a total of 11 minutes in the 2 games.  The Celtics have no intensions of keeping him although they would offer him a cheap G-League contract.  Since he is not playing there appears to be little opportunity for him to be showcased.  No one is watching.  I am not sure that he made the right decision to accept an E10 deal.  If I was him, I would have instructed my agent to explore playing opportunities overseas.  By taking what looks like scrapes, he has further undervalued his worth.   I sure hope he finds an opportunity somewhere even if it is not in the NBA
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:25 am

dboss wrote:
Celtics17 wrote:Don't sleep on Jaden Springer, he plays good D and if he can get some consistency with his J he could be good. I have a feeling Lonnie won't make the team because the coaches think Springer is the better player.

Jaden is a high end defender but just needs to play defense without fouling.  He does not have a pure stroke and has never played enough minutes in the NBA to really find his mark.  He is only 22 years old so he still has some time to develop.   Any player in the 11-13 spot on this roster is not going to see a lot of playing time.  Shooting well is a matter of technique and reps.  

I would like to see the Celtics rotate several guys between Maine and Boston.  That includes Walsh, Springer, Davidson, Scheierman and Peterson.  There will be 2 open active roster spots available all season and 3 until Kristaps returns.  These developing players need reps, reps and more reps.  

The Celtics have a 3 guard rotation in most games except when JB slides down to the 2.  So there is simply not enough minutes available for anyone else to shine.  However  Jrue Holiday is 34 years old going into this season.  He is one tough cookie that plays defense all over the court.  He logged around 33 MPG last season.  It may be a good idea to cut back on his minutes during the regular season.  Maybe top him off at 30 MPG.  Jrue missed 13 games last season due to rest and a few bumps and bruises.  The health factor comes into play so a few of our deep bench guys needs to be ready to step in.

Lonnie Walker looks like a player without a team.  He has played a total of 11 minutes in the 2 games.  The Celtics have no intensions of keeping him although they would offer him a cheap G-League contract.  Since he is not playing there appears to be little opportunity for him to be showcased.  No one is watching.  I am not sure that he made the right decision to accept an E10 deal.  If I was him, I would have instructed my agent to explore playing opportunities overseas.  By taking what looks like scrapes, he has further undervalued his worth.   I sure hope he finds an opportunity somewhere even if it is not in the NBA

+1 Dboss
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down