Perk update.....light practice today and he DUNKED!

3 posters

Go down

Perk update.....light practice today and he DUNKED! Empty Perk update.....light practice today and he DUNKED!

Post by beat Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Perkins on the practice floor
It’s not an all-out scrimmage, but Kendrick Perkins checked in for a few minutes in his first practice of the season with the team.

The Celtics center, who has targeted the middle of January for his return from reconstructive knee surgery, is working through his paces in a series of halfcourt drills.

Again, nothing rigorous, but the drills are forcing him to run and cut on his right knee, which is protected by a heavy brace. He also dunked - albeit gingerly. He then headed upstairs for some time on the treadmill when the pace of the practice sped up.

Jermaine O’Neal, who may play for the first time in 17 games tomorrow night against Philadelphia, continues to work back into the flow. He just hung on the rim following an unguarded dunk. He must be feeling well.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/celtics/index.php/2010/12/21/perkins-on-the-practice-floor/

Beat

This along with the update on west our injuries appear to be on track for early returns!

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Perk update.....light practice today and he DUNKED! Empty Re: Perk update.....light practice today and he DUNKED!

Post by Outside Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:52 pm

It sounds great, but I suggest keeping low expectations for Perk this season, even into the playoffs. He had a very severe injury only six months ago. I think the team is better off considering anything he can give them as an unexpected bonus.

As for dunking, I was hardly a leaper in my day, but I was able to dunk basically off of one leg when I had a hurt ankle that the doc later called a "chip fracture" but I believe was an avulsion fracture. The point is, at 6-9, you can basically dunk on one leg.

I really hope he does well and comes back early, but I also hope he doesn't rush back from such a severe injury.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Perk update.....light practice today and he DUNKED! Empty Re: Perk update.....light practice today and he DUNKED!

Post by beat Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Outside

I agree completely, anything and I do mean ANYTHING we get from Perk this season is a bonus. Even if it's only 6-10 minutes a game and sitting the second of back to backs. Those are 6-10 that the other centers can catch a breather.

Perk has never been a leaper when he had 2 good knees, so at least he can jump some. He's never been extreemly mobile either so can't loose what you never had anyway but he is one tough hombre and I do believe the site of Shaq out there doing well is driving him to work at his rehab a bit harder than he might otherwise.
Plus he can put bron and wade and bosh on their collective arses ( he is another 6 fouls )

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Great to hear that Perk is coming along so well,
I agree that anything we get this year is bonus and I have a hunch
we will get something, some tough inside D and a rebound or two would be great. Go Perk!
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down