Sam
dbrown4
beat
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I cannot root for the Lakers Empty I cannot root for the Lakers

Post by beat Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:54 am

No way I can root for the Lakers on Saturday, sorry no way. Sorry to the anti Bron people, if it were any other team but the Lakers no problem. Reason number one, HISTORY. Miami has no history against us, end of story there. Any of us old chaps on here have seen years of Lakers-C's history. Although it will be an interesting game I see no reason to think it has any bearing on us other than another loss to LA probably means more than one for the heat. I cannot find myself pulling for purple. My original handle on BDC was beatLA (the LA part dropped in a large part to Mustang) It was not beat(theHeat) or any other team it was the LAKERS. They have always been the barometer of our success not the fledgeling boys from South Beach.

Bron is not a likable player as viewed by most of us here and I could not agree more. Should he ever wear purple................don't want to go there.

Anyway just one posters opinion. Will I watch? Perhaps check in from time to time as it will be interesting but as I mentioned in another thread. I am still holding out for the NBA's first tie!

beat(LA)
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

I cannot root for the Lakers Empty Re: I cannot root for the Lakers

Post by dbrown4 Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:43 am

Come on, beat, we won't tell anyone!! We Promise!! It's just one game!! 2 1/2 hours out of your life!! You're right, though. Nobody but ESPN/ABC cares. This is Stern's Christmas Fantasy Present. If you didn't get him anything for Christmas, this would be a great way to mark him off your list by watching his game and pullling for his team! (Although his is Jewish or raised Jewish isn't/wasn't he?) He would be forever grateful.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:37 am

dbrown

Just can't do it. Not in my blood as much as I can't stand Bron........the Lakers are much higher on the don't like list.

What happens happens.

Another way to look at it is How does this BEST benefit the Celtics. To me the Lakers losing presents a bigger gain for the possible home court than Miami losing, as I believe LA will have a better record than Miami when the dust settles in April. (and we will have a better one than both, I hope.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:55 am

I've been salivating to watch that game since the schedule came out.

Unfortunately, it's supposed to start at 5:00, and I have the following schedule on that day:

5:00-5:30 Floss molars
5:30-6:00 Floss bicuspids
6:00-6:30 Floss canines
6:30-7:00 Floss incisors
7:00-8:00 Floss my remaining wisdom tooth, which is precious to me and
takes extra time

I'll be so dreadfully sorry to miss that game, as I'm so incredibly invested in its outcome.

Enjoy watching, everyone. I'm going out to buy a gross of floss now.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:59 am

I am with Sam.

Saturday will entail enjoying watching my niece and nephew open their gifts, Watching the Celtics whip the Magic, enjoying dinner and desert - then heading home to light a fire and a put on some Miles Davis.

No Fakers game for me. Cool
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:17 am

Sam wrote:I've been salivating to watch that game since the schedule came out.

Unfortunately, it's supposed to start at 5:00, and I have the following schedule on that day:

takes extra time

I'll be so dreadfully sorry to miss that game, as I'm so incredibly invested in its outcome.

Sam

Your my hero Sam!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Beat,
It's OK. We understand you. Some even will agree with you.
I don't know what's better for Celtics: both outcomes are debatable. But from emotional standpoint I'll go LA, no questions.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Sinus

If you understand me, it might be a first. Even my family doesn't understand me.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Mrkleen,

Miles Davis! Excellent taste.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Speaking of miles davis...I have a picture that he is in circa 1947...and there is a mystery piano player in it that no one seems to know...maybe I'll post it here one of these days and some bop junkie here will help me out...

Beat...You just don't know how well I can relate to your sentiment...I used to make a holiday on any day that the Lakers lost...They are our nemesis after all...But even I am pulling for them just this once..cause I want L'king to get his come-upance. Actually I'd really like for both teams to lose but I don't think that is possible....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Sam,

Do you have any extra floss for me?

Beat,

Your name is BeatLA isn't it? For crying out loud!!!!

Kleen,

A prime rib roast, glass of Port and a Christmas cigar for me. In your honor, Miles on in the background.

Dbrown, sinus.

Just say no to the TV.
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Hoop,

Sure. Do you mind if it's used?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm going to root for the Lakers (that doesn't mean I'm going to watch the game, it just means I'd like them to win). (I'm trying to stifle my gag response here). Here's my rationale:

The Heat have 9 losses. The Heat have the same number of losses as Chicago but, to be honest, I don't have much hope for Chicago keeping up with them for the entire season. There are 3 teams behind them, each with 12 losses. So, the race for #2 in the east is between Miami and Chicago and I've already stated my prediction for that race. IMO, at this time, Miami will be the #2 seed.

In the west, the Lakers have 9 losses. There are two teams ahead of them with 3 and 5 losses each. That's a healthy cushion for those two teams over the Lakers. Behind the Lakers is OKC with 10 losses and Denver with 11 losses. I don't have much hope for Denver, what with the Melo soap opera going on, but OKC would tie LA with an LA loss and could end up ahead of them at season end (LA's a great team of veterans, but they are burning Gasol out early).

Neither team is a particularly good road team at this point, so if they end up with inferior records they could be knocked off. The problem is that, IMO, there'll only be one team that will have homecourt advantage against Miami, regardless of the outcome of this game, at that team wears green. This game however, is a chance to put extra pressure on LA and Phil Jackson. If he's tied with OKC, is just one game ahead of Denver, and is in danger of completely losing contact with Dallas, he might just overplay his starters further on into the season and that bears fruit in the playoffs for someone.

So, I'm going with the team that will produce the most shake-up in the standings.

LA.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 pm

beat,

I'm NOT going to root for the Lakers. Here's my rationale:

Frack the Lakers, now and forever!!!

There, I feel much better now.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:44 pm

Sam wrote:I've been salivating to watch that game since the schedule came out.

takes extra time

Sam

Sam,

Use Plackers (tm). They are a better alternative to floss, you can use them with one hand. Plus you really can buy a gross of them.

When I try to floss my canine, she usually bites me. So I don't.

Merry Christmas,

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:41 pm

I will pull for the Lakers and its an easy choice. James has taken a hard right turn to the darkest of dark sides.

Its the lesser of two evils but waayyy lesser to me. I respect the Lakers as much as I dont like em. They are a worthy foe. James is just a good player with a giant ugly circus of nothing that follows him like a sick dog.

As a culture we REWARD that?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:56 am

bobheckler wrote:I'm going to root for the Lakers (that doesn't mean I'm going to watch the game, it just means I'd like them to win). (I'm trying to stifle my gag response here). Here's my rationale:

The Heat have 9 losses. The Heat have the same number of losses as Chicago but, to be honest, I don't have much hope for Chicago keeping up with them for the entire season. There are 3 teams behind them, each with 12 losses. So, the race for #2 in the east is between Miami and Chicago and I've already stated my prediction for that race. IMO, at this time, Miami will be the #2 seed.

In the west, the Lakers have 9 losses. There are two teams ahead of them with 3 and 5 losses each. That's a healthy cushion for those two teams over the Lakers. Behind the Lakers is OKC with 10 losses and Denver with 11 losses. I don't have much hope for Denver, what with the Melo soap opera going on, but OKC would tie LA with an LA loss and could end up ahead of them at season end (LA's a great team of veterans, but they are burning Gasol out early).

Neither team is a particularly good road team at this point, so if they end up with inferior records they could be knocked off. The problem is that, IMO, there'll only be one team that will have homecourt advantage against Miami, regardless of the outcome of this game, at that team wears green. This game however, is a chance to put extra pressure on LA and Phil Jackson. If he's tied with OKC, is just one game ahead of Denver, and is in danger of completely losing contact with Dallas, he might just overplay his starters further on into the season and that bears fruit in the playoffs for someone.

So, I'm going with the team that will produce the most shake-up in the standings.

LA.

bob

Lakers have 8 losses.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:16 am

some time ago i decalred i was about at the point where i felt that in a game like this, miami vs lakers that i could almost see myself cheering for l.a. to win..

most of the Heat squad is likely in the opionion of Kevin Garnet "nobodies" im sure Eddie House being an exception. I sort of like Wade as a player.. Bosh is simply overrated by both the media and himself, King Nothing is the bad guy though... Ohio's own benidict arnold and an egotistical %^%$* as far as im concerned.

Howsoever.... the lakers are still the Celtics nemisis and arch enemy/rival. While i respect the lakers- as players and a team there- simply is no way i can cheer for them under any circumstance in good consceince. I may lie, curse, fornicate, gamble, break the laws of man and god both, but i draw the line at cheering for the lakers...
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:35 am

Jeb and all

Just to clarilfy, because I can't root for the Lakers doesn't mean I'm pullin for the Heat either. Obviously one of them has to loose.

To me Kobe has been a bigger thorn to us than Bron and for a much longer time. PLUS he's actually won something. He's as snobish and ellitest as any player in the League including the gueen of nothing. He's still has that smug condescending look too much of the time.

Bron is body by Adonis ...........mind by Mattel. At least Kobe thinks for himself but Bron has to have someone do it for him, Kobe will still be the tougher one for us to slay later on and having one more loss in their column might mean home court for us which if we'd got it last season might have made a difference.

Anyway the Lakers are our rival. You can't have one when there isn't a history. Miami has one friggin banner. And we all know Bron ain't winning one there.

And as GYSO so eloquently buts it FRACK the Lakers

Sorry Sky and MG, you are both great guys on here, And realize there is NO LACK of respect about them (Lakers) ON THE FLOOR from me.

As a kid growing up obviously there was no internet and national sports coverage on TV was poor, and our local paper was always a day late with the old RFD delivery. When I could check the other scores (as I managed to be able to listen to Johnny and the C's on the radio) the first thing I checked on was to see if the Lakers lost.

Just can get the results a whole lot quicker now.

That hasn't changed in nigh on 45 years now Jeb. I don't see it changing for the next 45 either............. Lord willin.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:54 am

beat

I hear you on that 45 years. We can drink ol grandad on each others porches and complain because Kg's son is a gatdamn finesse player!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:17 am

Jeb

If I drink any of that gutter cleaner I won't make it to the next week let alone another 45 yrs.

Merry Christmas to all for whomever wins the other dog goes home with their tail between their legs.

beat

Last edited by beat on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:40 am

ya hoss i just like the thought of being here another 45 and i got to think it's poss.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:48 am

steve3344 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:I'm going to root for the Lakers (that doesn't mean I'm going to watch the game, it just means I'd like them to win). (I'm trying to stifle my gag response here). Here's my rationale:

LA.

bob

Lakers have 8 losses.

Steve,

You're right, I mistyped. LA has 8 losses, not 9.

Nevertheless, I'm still standing by my rationale. The way the Lakers are playing and the capabilities of OKC make a shake up in that conference more possible than in this one with the way the Heat playing the way they are and their competitor is Chicago.

Not that this is SUCH a big deal either way. Neither team is wearing green.

The teams we should be watchng wear black and white or blue and gray. NOT purple-and-gold or whatever eyesore collage of colors LeBum wears.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Well,
I know you all out there was wondering if I would comment on the subject at hand. Or, maybe not.

I do not blame anyone here for not pulling for the Lakers in this game. I feel the same way with the Raiders in football. My two favorite teams in football are the Chargers and any team playing the Radiers.

Beat, I completely understand and respect your feelings towards the Lakers and your loyalty to your Celtics. I pulled for the Celtics in the two Miami games earlier in the season. I am not sure I could do that now because I believe home court in the finals mean so much to the Lakers. Although, all of this may be a mute point in a few weeks if the Lakers don't fugure some things out. Hopefully, they start tomorrow.

I think this game is only important to the two team playing it. The Celtics in the East and Spurs in the West are playing really well and are starting to make it tough for the Lakers to even catch them. So, I can only hope that they enter the second season rested and heathy. Then take their chances to steal some road playoff games. I have seen allot of uncertainty with the Lakers play. They do not seem to be motivated to make it back to the finals right now, IMO.

Anyway, I cannot stand Lebron or the Heat. I even lost some level of respect for D Wade with the south beach circus. I pretty much pull for any team playing the Heat.

Merry Christmas all.

Go Lakers!

MG

MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:23 pm

MG,

My feelings toward a certain team do not extend to the fans of that team. It is all about the uniform and the players who wear it.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next