Sam
steve3344
LACELTFAN
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PREGAME SACK - Page 2 Empty Re: PREGAME SACK

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm

LA-It is a great idea, there were times years ago when I was young that I thought I would love to work in the Celtics office, doing almost anything! Then one day I went there to pick out my seasons ticket, the office was so small you could barely fit anyone in it. Red's secretary at the time (and for many, many years) helped us pick out our seats. I looked around and the pictures on the walls caught my attention. My fantasy job!

Years later, my son had a friend who's father was good friends with someone employed by the Celtics. As he grew older, went to college and graduated, the friend got him a job working for the Celts. He loved the Celtics. It is now 10 plus years later, and he is head of Guest Relations
for them, is listed on their web site and all. Great kid who just loves his job.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:09 pm

It would be a dream job for a Celtic junkie like me Rosalie.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Rosalie
Thats a great story,so what does a head of Guest Relations do,get tickets for the players and friends?organize hotels for the team?....title sounds like great job. cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:25 pm

He helps anyone get tickets who really needs them, has contact with the players, coaches, etc. The best part is that he is one terrific kid who everyone would like no matter who they are. Very respectful, so I am sure the players love him. His place is always loaded with people anytime I try to drop by to say hi. It is great to see such a good kid get something they dreamed of.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:04 pm

My other fantasy, Rosalie...is to go to a Celtic game at TD someday with all of you folks on the board, I can't tell you what a kick I would get out of that.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Me too--I sometimes think I am the only crazy person who eats, drinks and sleeps the Boston Celtics! My son thinks I am obsessed!!! You know, it is a long time from l962 to now. I have always loved this team. My Mom is 90 years old, and is stays up every game to watch them. Her favorite players of all time were ......Jerry West, and Satch Sanders! She gets mad when they
aren't on at night! So..I know where I get it from. She and my Dad went to Bob Cousy day and I stayed home and cried~ But I got them all back when I
got my season tickets and saw some of the greatest games ever played. I loved the teams of the '60's! I even went to Philadelphia to watch them beat Chamberlain on his home court for the Eastern Division title. What a thrill to sit in the Spectrum and cheer for the Celtics. Talk about being in the
lions den!!

I have so many great memories of the Celtics. Standing in line from 2:00 AM to get tickets when I didn't have season tickets and having the same guy be there in the ticket booth every time and have him pull out tickets he had
put aside for me.

After my son was born in l975, I didn't go to many games, but, of course listened or watched them all the time. When they were going to play Phoenix in l976 I had my husband drop me off in Boston and I stood in line for hours alone and waited to buy tickets. That was the triple overtime game. I watched it from the second balcony right in front of the basket where Havlicek made his great "leaner" shot.

So, you can see, I do love this team! Crazy lady they call me! Now I am waiting for Ray to break the record!!!!

It is so good to come to a spot where there are as many crazy people as I am!! Thanks for listening to me~!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:56 am

Rosalie,
Picture this youngster from KC, uprooted from the midwest in the early 60's, as the family moved west to the LA area. A lot of people would love the move, from snow to warm beaches, palm trees, etc. But I hated it, at the time. I was just getting into sports and I took out my hatred of being in LA by pulling for the out of town teams... The first time I saw the Celtics on T.V. I was just amazed by their teamwork and their style of play so I gravitated to them immediately and nearly 50 years later...geez...I still love them and it is the one totally irrational, silly, fanatical thing that I indulge in...I was surrounded by a sea of Laker fans, year after year through junior high, highschool, college, etc. I was used to it but I gotta tell you, it was such a blast going to Celtic games in the old Gahden surrounded by my fellow Celtic fanatics instead of being surrounded mostly by Laker fans at the old Sports Center or the Forum. You are NOT the only crazy one, that's for sure. What can I say, they're my weakness, I love the green. Go Celtics!
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2