dboss
bobheckler
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME MIAMI - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME MIAMI

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:05 pm

A post-game comment by KG, the King of Ganas:

We’re shorthanded but we’re not short of heart and grit,’’ Kevin Garnett said. “We work hard, we will come out here and compete. We’re at home, we’re still a good team. We’re without some major pieces here, but that doesn’t mean we’re not a good team at the same time.’’
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Some post-game comments by writers:

Ron Borges, Boston Herald – “‘This is classic, typical bigger brothers,’ Wade admitted. ‘You’ve got to get over it. . . . You’ve got to get over the hump. We’re getting closer and closer, but we’re not there yet. Whether or not they had all their guys, they had their guys that have carried them to get to this place. We still got to get over the hump. It can happen any time. We got plenty of time. It can happen in the playoffs. That’s when we would like it to happen anyways.’”

Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo Sports – “The Celtics blew out the Heat in the third quarter – outscoring them by 17 – and Rondo’s teammates were mesmerized watching a 6-foot-1, 170-pound guard bodying up and disrupting James. ‘I’ve never seen anybody make LeBron turn his back to the basket,’ Perkins said. ‘He really didn’t want to put [the ball] on the ground around him. When he picked him up, the energy just picked up.’ So much so, Rivers resisted pulling Rondo away from James when it began to work against the Celtics. ‘We can’t do this!’ Lawrence Frank, the Celtics’ defensive coordinator, blurted to his boss on the bench. ‘You’re right,’ Rivers said, ‘but we’re going to keep doing it.’ As Rivers would say later, ‘The matchup made no sense, hurt us a couple of times. …[But] the thing that I saw is that it gave us life.’”

Chris Forsberg, ESPN Boston – “While referees sorted things out, Rondo sneaked into the Heat huddle, attaching himself to James’ hip yet again. James twice pushed Boston’s lanky point guard out of the huddle before Ray Allen and the referees cleared him out (possibly with his safety in mind). ‘I think I was pretty poised and kept my composure,’ Rondo said with a shrug. ‘I was just trying to see the play. Nobody called a timeout. They drew the play up on the court and I wasn’t trying to start anything. I thought I could get my head in there and look at the play they were drawing up.’ Forget the huddle, Rondo was already in the Heat’s heads.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm virtually certain Rondo was completely within his rights, especially if it wasn't an official timeout called by either team. If the Heat are too lazy to leave the court, tough beans for them.

I would love to have heard his teammates thoughts and comments when he did it. I bet it really helped them get revved up.

I just died laughing at the nonchalant way he did it. Just hanging around, pushed out of the way, sidles over a couple of feet. "Who,me? I'm just lookin' around for a fishin' hole. Anyone see a fishin' hole?"

I hope he does it again when that infrequent occasion arises. If I were Doc, I'd start carrying a rule book; and, if the refs try to move Rondo or threaten him with a technical, ask them to point out the rule he's violating.

Sometimes, when he was defending Lebron in the halfcourt, Rondo's head was actually planted in Lebron's belly. But it seemed to be Lebron whose head was spinning from the whole thing.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:47 pm

I posted it in a different thread but here is the "incident" with Rondo and the huddle..

http://www.nba.com/video/games/celtics/2011/02/13/0021000804_mia_bos_play5.nba/
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:02 pm

God,

Will someone please give Van Ugly a tissue so he can blow his nose. He seems so upset!

I did not know that he is the Amy Vanderbilt on etiquette in the NBA.

Jerk!

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:54 pm

I missed both the Heat/Celtics and the Lakers/Magic games, so I don't have anything to add, but I was thinking about how the Eastern Conference All-Star locker room could be unusually cold/tension filled this year due to there being 4 Celtics and 3 Heat players on the team. I don't think there will be much friendliness or camaraderie between those 7 players.

Anyway, great win by the Celtics. I didn't expect them to win, but as usual, they never give up or give in and are always a threat no matter who they have on the floor.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:02 pm

i too enjoyed Rondo's trip into the Heats Huddle, but ifi aint mistaken Rondo has done this before, when it happened i recall thinking "there he goes again" but im left without a mental recap of when it happened before, tough im sure it was in what wasat the tme a big game.. for the life of me though cant recall who against.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Player of the game for me Kendrick Perkins

30:33 minutes - 15 points - 6 rebounds - 7 for 9 from the FT line - and a +11

He was a beast on defense and was the toughness we have been missing since Shaq went down. Love see him working his way back.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2