dbrown4
LACELTFAN
jeb
Sam
bobheckler
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TRADE CHATTER INCLUDING ANTHONY TRADE 2/21 - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE CHATTER INCLUDING ANTHONY TRADE 2/21

Post by Outside Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

NYCelt wrote:They're sure going to have to find some defenders
You've got that right. With well-oiled turnstiles at the 3 and 5, they might need three Defensive Players of the Year to make them credible on defense.

Personally, I think the new Stoudemire/Anthony/D'Antoni Knicks are a nice splash in the media and a regular visitor to the playoffs, but they aren't a championship contender. With the Heat, at least LeBron and Wade can play some defense. D'Antoni's shoot-first, play defense later teams in Phoenix were fun to watch and made a few runs in the playoffs, but it's not a model that's won a title. Fields is a nice role player, and having Billups as the adult on the floor helps, but I see this team battling the Hawks for second-tier status in the East. We'll see.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

TRADE CHATTER INCLUDING ANTHONY TRADE 2/21 - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE CHATTER INCLUDING ANTHONY TRADE 2/21

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Beat- You jest about Hondo but I bet that he could still outplay some of the folks sitting on benches in the NBA and who knows, he might crack a starting line up somewhere. ...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Outside had this GREAT line - "... having Billups as the adult on the floor helps."
Wonderful - that is it EXACTLY !

and with Billups as the adult-in-charge, NY may come together faster than many think likely. i agree that they'll make a nice push as a 2nd tier team in the East.

enjoy the game tonight, bob - hope it's a blast. love your prediction.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:22 pm

I would love it if a deal for Shane Battier could be pulled off, I just don't see how it will happen. Somehow, I feel we will end up with a player who does not have the talent that Marquis has shown us this year. He has been such a plus in his role, after struggling so much last year coming back from his injuries. He is a sneaky, talented player.

Usually, you have to give to get, and I can't imagine that there is anything on the Celtics right now that Houston wants unless it includes Semi, and that is a big mistake.

It's funny, all of the names that are thrown around out there, even last year, and hardly any of the trades were made, so, I am not getting my hopes up.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:33 pm

2/23, Rumor du Jour:

Nate Robinson being traded to GSW.

http://dimemag.com/2011/02/nba-trade-rumor-nate-robinson-to-golden-state/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 pm

bob -

thx.

why? why would GS want another runner-gunner? he's not exactly an upgrade from what they have ...

how was the game in person?

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:42 pm

bigpygme wrote:bob -

thx.

why? why would GS want another runner-gunner? he's not exactly an upgrade from what they have ...

Michael

Michael,

It was great, thanks for asking. We won, which washes away everything else.

I did a massive core dump on the post-game thread.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:46 pm

bobheckler wrote:
bigpygme wrote:bob -

thx.

Michael

Michael,

It was great, thanks for asking. We won, which washes away everything else.

I did a massive core dump on the post-game thread.

bob

thanks, i found it and just started reading it ... appreciate your point of view ...

but why on earth would GS, of all teams, with their current backcourt, be interested in our wayward, losing-the-fan-base Nate?
Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Now sources are saying the Nate-to-GSW deal is dead.

Might be the shortest-lived rumor this season yet.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2