TONIGHT ESPN 7PM EST CELTICS - THE ASSOCIATION PART 3

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TONIGHT ESPN 7PM EST CELTICS - THE ASSOCIATION PART 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: TONIGHT ESPN 7PM EST CELTICS - THE ASSOCIATION PART 3

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:15 am

I just listened to four of their songs. They're really good. And amazingly diverse.

Great for doing the cha cha. I actually went to an Arthur Murray school to learn the cha cha in an attempt to help save my first marriage. The attempt didn't work, and now I can't even do one cha.

I heard them in French, Spanish and English. Definitely a world class group. Thanks for the introduction. You have excellent taste.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

TONIGHT ESPN 7PM EST CELTICS - THE ASSOCIATION PART 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: TONIGHT ESPN 7PM EST CELTICS - THE ASSOCIATION PART 3

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:17 am

Tick Tock,

I hope you get to go to Paris. If one just gets into the rhythms and flow of the city, it can be magical. Sort of like playing basketball, I guess.

So it's 3:15 in the morning, and I'm not yet tired. Did anybody bring a deck of cards?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:23 am

Thanks Sam will definitely get to go, just a matter of time.

It's 4 18 here and I'm not tired either. Now before I get a public flogging at the Boston Common for forgetting the deck of cards Very Happy, I'd like to point out that it's just my second day here and nobody said anything about any deck of cards Very Happy
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:28 am

Well some people are calling the revamped Celtics team a house of cards, so it seems only fitting.

Anyway, what kind of work do you do down there, and are you really contemplating a change in residence? (Continue tomorrow if you suddenly become drowsy. I can have that effect on people.)

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:53 am

Sam,

I may be the youngest on the board actually, I'm only 21. I've always gotten along better with people who were older than me. Maybe because I attended a lot of functions where I was usually the the youngest or maybe because I've been privileged enough to have traveled to many countries and seen many cultures while growing up. Anyways point is I've always felt like an old soul at heart. Which is partly why I feel so at home on this board. Honestly I was a little hesitant about revealing my age but after the welcome I have received not only from yourself but from everyone on this board I realized there was no reason to be.
Anyways the reason I live in the Caribbean is because my father teaches Biochemistry at the medical school here on the island. A few months ago my parents decided to part ways after 21 years of marriage, my mother going back to Germany. So for the time being I still live with my father here. I've been trying to get a job here for a while but due to the fact that I'm not from the island I need a work permit which can be quite tough to obtain, so for the time being I'm without work although there is a strong likelihood that I will volunteer somewhere on the island soon. The reason for the change in residence is to further my education. Therefore I will likely be heading to Berlin next year to study Business.

So that's the quick version of my situation/history (although I left out quite a bit due to the time of day Smile )
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 am

I thought I was a night owl, but guess I can't hold a candle to you guys! The good stuff is happening on the overnight shift.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Tick Tock,

One of my favorite posters on the Boston.com board called himself Kyle Cleric. He was so well-reasoned and articulate, and he started on the board before he entered college. Age is certainly no deterrent, especially not for someone as obviously astute as you. We're all delighted that you're here.

On a board like this, that has a wonderful core and doesn't feel the need to expand dramatically in order to survive very nicely, it's nonetheless refreshing to have new members like yourself and Celtics Fan, who also joined us recently.

My wife (who's actually a wonderful person despite anything I might say in jest), really envies me my relationships on the board. She has met a number of board members at some of the functions and also privately. And she's been blown away by the fact that people she expected might be a rough and tumble bunch of jocks were, in fact, among the most multi-faceted, interesting, caring, fun-loving, intelligent and just all-around fine people she's ever known.

I'm sorry to hear about your parents. I've heard all the bromides about how sometimes a split can be for the best, and I've experienced that fact myself, as 32 of my 52 married years have been with the person I introduce as my "current wife" at parties just to keep her on her toes. Yet it's not the easiest thing in life to go through for anyone who's affected by it.

All the best when you go to Germany to start what will surely be a grand adventure. For a person with your litany of experiences and your intellect to have such a great future to contemplate at age 21 is a fantastic gift. I feel as though you're already an old friend, and I hope you'll stay in touch regardless of where life takes you.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi Sam,

I too feel as though we're already old friends even though we've talked for only the better part of 1 night. I look forward to all the things we will surely learn about each other over the course of the upcoming ones. I will certainly stay on the board for the long haul and am looking forward to seeing the future of it, as new members join and new events happen to the Celtics.

The split was tough in some ways, always is for the children involved I think, but it luckily was not a bitter split and everyone is still on speaking terms. When I look at some of the other ends to relationships I consider myself fortunate that theirs ended the way it did.

Thank you again for welcoming me, and make no mistake I truly do feel welcome on the board.

And now I'm looking forward to the game tonight and seeing the new guys. Say what you want about it being a good/bad deal, but it does make you eager to see tonight's game so at least Danny got that part right Smile
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:40 pm

TickTock,

I'm the tardiest member of this board welcoming you aboard, but better late than never.

I would never have guessed you were in your '20s, much less the very early part of them. You write quite well and have excellent balance in your perspectives.

If you move to Germany to continue your education there the timezone difference will make a difference, but it should not be insurmountable. As you know, we have active board members writing in from Berlin and Estonia. We also have a board member that lives in Nepal (I just wrote him an email from my personal account trying to goose him to start contributing again).

I'm glad you're here. I would have welcomed you sooner, but the whole Perk thing cramped my brain up a bit for a while.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Bob,

Thanks for the welcome and the compliments.

The timezone will certainly have an impact and will make it harder to watch the games live but I will find a way to stay up to date.

The Perk trade certainly took us all by surprise and I think for the majority of us it still has not sunk in fully. Tonight I guess begins the post Perk/Jeff Green era, hoping it will bring number 18.

I'm looking forward to the countless discussions we will no doubt have in the future.
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Tick Tock,

If last night was any indication, you're certainly training hard for staying awake until very late night (or early morning as the case may be). LOL.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Sam,

Very Happy Always been a night owl. I actually slept through the Perk deal and woke up to see what had gone down. I have however been trying to see more of the day and less of the night, although last night was certainly not good evidence of that Smile.
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2