cowens/oldschool
RosalieTCeltics
swedeinestonia
worcester
8 posters

Go down

ESPN: The Celtics Are in Trouble Empty ESPN: The Celtics Are in Trouble

Post by worcester Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:06 pm

That's ESPN's latest story headline. The content is vapid as are ESPN's writers. Hopefully Doc will put this on the Celts BB and stoke their fires.

Last edited by worcester on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

ESPN: The Celtics Are in Trouble Empty Re: ESPN: The Celtics Are in Trouble

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 pm

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/insider/news/story?id=6431130&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2fplayoffs%2f2011%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d6431130

Link to the article for easy reading.

Looked kind of boring and just based on a bunch statistical assumptions. Guess they felt the need to write something. To me each new series is exactly that, a new series.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:52 pm

Is this Hollinger spouting off again. I really believe this guy loves the attention he gets by ripping the Celtics apart. Sure, Doc, post it. As if these guys need
to read what these idiots are writing. Everyone knows the Heat are the ESPN team. That started when they televised "The Decision"!!!!

This is why I refuse to watch them. What will they do if the Lakers ever lose and the Heat disappear???? Oh, yes, there are always the Grizzlies!

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:22 pm

whos the idiot that would pay to read that crap?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:48 am

THey are really selling Jermaine short. He has shown marked improvement in his play at both ends of the court coming back off the surgery. Some points made are purely conjecture, but you can only beat who you play, one team & series at a time. ESPN continues to slide in its' credability!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:35 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:whos the idiot that would pay to read that crap?

Cow,
Does "sucker born every minute" ring a bell?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:59 am

Looking at the playoff teams realistically, there simply is not one perfect team that has an absence of flaws. The team that is best able to conceal or at least minimize its' flaws and weaknesses while exploiting the flaws of its' opponents will be the team that is left standing in mid June. Now that the NFLPA has paved the way for the NBA Players Union to decertify, whoever wins this year's title looks like they may hold the title for 2 years instead of one year. Gving back guaranteed contracts probably will be a key issue along with a hard salary cap. I just hope contraction can be avoided. Too bad Stern took it personal about Seattle not treating him royally in his visit there a couple of years ago when Clay Bennet was hijacking the Sonics. Those folks in Seattle are good fans and supported ALL their teams. Look how they support the Storm (WNBA) Mariners (MLB) & Seahawks (NFL). Seattle deserves the next team for expansion or a team that moves from its' present location. By the way, not the Kings-I don't want to see Sacramento shafted either!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic fan Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:52 pm

yaaay let's discredit the only team to sweep their 1st round series. yaaaay/sarcasm

celtic fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Broadcasters for ESPN should be right at home with ABC Rentals since they're for the most part just a bunch of tools!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:03 am

I don't know. I like ESPN's thinking. Just a couple of days ago, they may have sealed the Celtics fate with the following:

Last time the Celtics swept a 7-Game playoff series before the finals and the impending result:

1981 World Champions
1986 World Champions
2011 ???

We have our own 3-peat to satisfy! I know it's all bs, but ESPN wrote it. They weren't endorsing anything, but implying 3-0 looks a lot more tidy than 2-1! Just like what they have been pushing with Phil and how his round 12 titles would look versus the ugly 11 he would still have after this season if the Lakers bow out.

BTW, speaking of Lakers. Nothing has changed. Won another first round series 4-2, just like last year. Nice try press.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:32 am

Hi,
Frankly, I prefer Yahoo Sports. Here's their prediction:
Adrian Wojnarowski
Miami in 7

Marc J. Spears
Boston in 7

Ball Don't Lie
Miami in 6

Johnny Ludden
Miami in 6

Greg Anthony
Boston in 6

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 am

AK:

Is Ball Don't Lie, 'Sheed's magazine? (LOL)-Johnny Ludden, Doesn't he manufacture cough drops, or is that the Smith Brothers? (LOL)!

MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down