Celtics Schedule released!!

+2
swedeinestonia
beat
6 posters

Go down

Celtics Schedule released!! Empty Celtics Schedule released!!

Post by beat Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:00 am

http://www.nba.com/celtics/schedule/

beat

19 back to backs and ONE back to back to back!! 4/13 4/14 4/15 at Tor NJ and Charlotte in that order! YIKES!
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Celtics Schedule released!! Empty Re: Celtics Schedule released!!

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 am

Hope Doc dares to keep the minutes down on the starters.

There will need to be some gambling going on when leads are had to rest players, both for the sake of resting them long run but also to rest them for "the next game".
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:54 am

Hi,
Thanks.
29 games on national TV - good. For us out-of-towners.
One of them is vs NO - I wonder if it's some kind of sign for RR-CP trade.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:10 pm

beat wrote:19 back to backs and ONE back to back to back!! 4/13 4/14 4/15 at Tor NJ and Charlotte in that order! YIKES!
Nineteen back-to-backs sounds like a lot (that's 38 games, over half the schedule), but one "three-peat" is the minimum; some teams will supposedly have up to three back-to-back-to-backs.

I picked another team at random (Philly), and they have 17 back-to-backs and two "three-peats," so that's about the same as Boston.

Every team is going to have tough stretches. For Boston, the one that jumps out at me is April 4-18, when they play 11 games in 15 days. That's four back-to-backs and their one three-peat, all with only one day off inbetween.

Another potentially tough part of the schedule for an older team like Boston is the playoffs, which will also have back-to-backs. I'm glad to see the playoff schedule compressed -- it's ridiculous to have three or four days off between games during a series -- but we'll see how veteran teams like Boston handle a much-compressed playoff schedule. That's where I think Boston got some bad luck, with that 11-game, 15-day stretch coming so soon before the playoffs start.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Whew! As compressed as this schedule is and knowing how Doc can't seem to conserve minutes for the veterans, I fear many more losses than usual could be looming for the Celtics I'm very surprised the regular season is extended to the 26th of April. Did anyone notice how many times consecutive games, not necessarily back-2-backs are scheduled with the same team as a home-at-home set?

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Outside

I figured probably other teams would have about the same. Is it too many in too short a time? Perhaps but I believe as always...$$$$ Cha ching! Owners wanted as many (games) as they could humanly expect!!

I can see the "quality" of the games suffering significantly later in the season. I can see when in late April 2 bottom feeder teams playing each other in the second of back to backs draw 300 to 400 fans too!

As the basketball quality goes down, do the ticket prices??? Kidding of course!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:02 pm

TD Banknorth question...

Rosalie, Sam or others who have frequented the arena often,

I've only sat in the corners in sections like 19. How are the balconey seats around mid-court in sections like 301 or 316? They seem to be the only reasonable seats I can find listed anywhere online (Stub Hub, Ticket Express, etc., at about $160-$200 per seat). I suppose I'd consider a balconey section closer to a basket and behind the bench like 330 as well if the sight lines were decent.

Tickets are supposed to be released around the 12th from what I see.

Can you enjoy the game from up there or do I need to bite the bullet and look lower?

Thanks!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down