E'Twaun Moore is signed to a guaranteed deal

2 posters

Go down

E'Twaun Moore is signed to a guaranteed deal Empty E'Twaun Moore is signed to a guaranteed deal

Post by gyso Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Guard E'Twaun Moore, taken out of Purdue in the second round of the 2011 draft, has agreed to a guaranteed deal with the Celtics that he will sign tonight, Moore and his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told the Journal and Courier.

"The contract will be guaranteed," Bartelstein told the Journal and Courier. "E’Twaun is very excited. He is raring to go."

Second-round picks do not always received guaranteed contracts, but the Celtics appear ready to offer such a deal to Moore, the third-leading scorer in Boilermakers history. He averaged 18.0 points, 5.1 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game as a senior in 2010-11. Moore played in Italy during the NBA lockout.

Here's the link:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21161381/report-cs-give-moore-guaranteed-deal

Back to top Go down

E'Twaun Moore is signed to a guaranteed deal Empty Re: E'Twaun Moore is signed to a guaranteed deal

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:08 pm

They must really see something in this kid.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

E'Twaun Moore is signed to a guaranteed deal Empty Re: E'Twaun Moore is signed to a guaranteed deal

Post by gyso Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:30 pm

bob,

E'Twaun Moore, JaJuan Johnson and Gilbert Brown. I believe all three of them came from well coached college basketball systems. All three of these rookies are 4 year college players. That makes them 24ish. All of them are older than Avery Bradley.

Do you think 2 out of these 4 (including AB) will make the rotation this year?

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 pm

gyso wrote:bob,

E'Twaun Moore, JaJuan Johnson and Gilbert Brown. I believe all three of them came from well coached college basketball systems. All three of these rookies are 4 year college players. That makes them 24ish. All of them are older than Avery Bradley.

Do you think 2 out of these 4 (including AB) will make the rotation this year?

gyso,

Not being Sam, I'm going to speculate here:

Johnson will make the team. 1st round pick, NCAA DPOY, 6'10" and long, Big 10 Player of the Year and we're a defensive-oriented team dying for height. Ok, maybe not much in the way of true speculation here. He'll make the team unless 4 years at Purdue were all blue screen Hollywood shots.

Moore just signed a guaranteed contract. They're seeing something. Of course, his agent is Mark Bartelstein who has done business with Danny in the past (Harangody, Marquis, Eddie House). He played in Italy and got some good experience playing against players older than him. He also played with JJJ, so there'll be some chemistry there, although it'd be ambitious to say they will be seeing a lot of floor time together this year. I'd say he's got a good chance because he's a shooter and Danny wants more shooters (thus all the trade talk around Rondo for CP3).

Danny's very high on Gilbert Brown. He comes from Pitt, which uses a system that is similar to Doc's. That should help him. His phenomenal wingspan should too (6'11 1/2" on 6'4 1/2" barefoot). We know that Danny and Doc love wingspan. He has good shooting percentage, but poor mechanics. He shoots wide open 3s ok, but not so good from 2. That tells me he's not so sure in traffic. Not good. With the signing of Marquis, I say he finds himself enjoying the beauty of Maine in the winter. He needs to work on his ballhandling and shooting since, at 6'6" 210#, he's going to be playing a lot of 2 in this league and he needs to shoot and dribble @ 2. If Q goes down, again, he'll be here in a flash, unless he's unfortunate enough that Marquis goes down around playoff roster time and veterans are getting cut and Danny picks one of them up instead.

Avery Bradley is a lot more confident this year. He wants this badly. He went to visit Doc, before the lockout, to have a heart-to-heart with him and make Doc understand how much he wants Doc to trust him. Personally, I don't think that'll affect Doc's mentality much, he's had much better players say the same thing to him, but it says something about Bradley. He's gaining confidence. He ran point in Israel. He competed in the Impact League this summer. He got into every pickup game the pros were running everywhere. With Dooling running point, that might free up Bradley to shoot, which will loosen him up (not having to worry about being the floor general is a big relief) and play the defense he's already very good at might make all the difference. Having said all this, I still think he gets traded this year for a draft pick. Of course, if he comes out like a house on fire...

As usual with rookies and walk-ons like Brown, it often comes down to injuries. The only one who is immune would be JJJ, since we need him a lot more than wingmen. If Moore pulls a hamstring and Brown shows up, he's in and Moore's cross-country skiing to the gym. If Bradley twists an ankle, then Brown's in.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down