mrkleen09
beat
MDCelticsFan
Outside
Sam
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking Past the Exhibition Season toward the Final 2011-2012 Celtics Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking Past the Exhibition Season toward the Final 2011-2012 Celtics Roster

Post by beat Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:19 pm

bobheckler wrote:The Celtics have waived Jamal Sampson.

I predict Sweetney will be next, just as soon as we can accelerate enough to escape his gravitational field...

bob

Just give him some coupons to an all you can eat special nearby.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Looking Past the Exhibition Season toward the Final 2011-2012 Celtics Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking Past the Exhibition Season toward the Final 2011-2012 Celtics Roster

Post by sinus007 Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi,
I just read that M Pietrus released by PHX leaning towards Celtics.
If his knee's OK - great pick. On the other hand, DA and Doc will have to cut 1 more player to stay at 14 and/ or get 1 more big. I'm not sure who they cut.
What do you think?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Gilbert Brown has been waived by the Celtics. So Brown, Sweetney and Sampson are gone, leaving a roster of 14:

Ray Allen
Brandon Bass
Avery Bradley
Marquis Daniels
Keyon Dooling
Kevin Garnett
JaJuan Johnson
Jermaine O'Neal
E'Twaun Moore
Aleksandar Pavlovic
Paul Pierce
Rajon Rondo
Greg Stiemsma
Chris Wilcox

Go Celtics!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:33 am

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I just read that M Pietrus released by PHX leaning towards Celtics.
If his knee's OK - great pick. On the other hand, DA and Doc will have to cut 1 more player to stay at 14 and/ or get 1 more big. I'm not sure who they cut.
What do you think?

AK

sinus,

I like Sasha. I think he plays good defense, has good length, has pretty good basketball IQ. A lot of bloggers are down on him, but I just don't agree.

Having said that, I think I'd rather have Pietrus even though his IQ isn't anywhere near Sasha's (and in a short season that could make for a difficult assimilation). I had a chance to see him regularly when he was with the GSW. Him and Barnes aren't exactly 100w bulbs. In fact, the problem with both of those two is that their focus slips and they make dumb mistakes. Still, he has a solid 3pt shot and plays very gritty defense. The bad news is that he has a swollen knee. This knee, in fact, resulted in him failing a physical and preventing a trade to Toronto earlier this week. Much of his defense is due to his athleticism. If this knee problem undermines his athleticism, his value drops precipitously.

I'm assuming, of course, that Sasha is the one who is cut to make room for Pietrus and not Moore. I think that would be a mistake. We need shooters and Moore is that. Furthermore, Moore has shown, so far at least, that he can move and create his own shot. Other than Pierce, we really don't have anybody else who can do that. Pietrus cannot create his own shot.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Bob

I also like Sasha. The Celtics have to decide if they want to carry 15 at the beginnign of the season. If they do then adding Pietrus may be a possibility.

However, his knee needs to be examined to determine exactly what the problem is. If he is going to be unavailable for an extended time i would probably pass on him and just leave the roster spot open.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:43 pm

The next question is who makes the active 12 man roster.

Shasha may be on there until PP returns and I think that Stiemsma will make the cut because he is a true center. I think jjj goes to the d league at some point. he really needs to work on his upper body strength.

I think Moore makes the cut and become the BU for Ray Allen.

So I'll take Sam's roster suggestion as is and predict that Shasa will be inactive along with jjj.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Bob,
Frankly, I'm still on the fence as far as Pietrus vs Sasha (if it comes to that). But I'm 100% with you in terms of Pietrus vs Moore (hope it doesn't come to that).
As for Sasha, I was really impressed by him in the last game vs Raptors. Interestingly enough I decided to "forfeit" the game and watch just him. As many noted, not much on O-end but quite a lot on the D-end. He was moving all the time, moving not like proverbial chicken with the cut-off head but with purpose, almost always getting to the right spot at the right time. I don't understand why so many people are of such low opinion of him.
All this begs a question: what are the intangibles that MP holds over SP? The only one I can think of is a better trading value.
BTW, kudos to Doc to run such experiment: start Sasha instead of PP and MD.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:44 pm

sinus007 wrote:Bob,
Frankly, I'm still on the fence as far as Pietrus vs Sasha (if it comes to that). But I'm 100% with you in terms of Pietrus vs Moore (hope it doesn't come to that).
As for Sasha, I was really impressed by him in the last game vs Raptors. Interestingly enough I decided to "forfeit" the game and watch just him. As many noted, not much on O-end but quite a lot on the D-end. He was moving all the time, moving not like proverbial chicken with the cut-off head but with purpose, almost always getting to the right spot at the right time. I don't understand why so many people are of such low opinion of him.
All this begs a question: what are the intangibles that MP holds over SP? The only one I can think of is a better trading value.
BTW, kudos to Doc to run such experiment: start Sasha instead of PP and MD.

AK

sinus,

Yeah, I really am on the fence about MP vs SP too. I picked MP, but I could easily flop back the other way. MP is feistier than SP and he's more of a threat from 3.

Doc is starting Sasha instead of PP because he's protecting PP's heel. He's starting Sasha instead of Q because he likes the stability Q brings to the second unit. I'm not sure that says such great things about Sasha, but it is what it is...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2