Live feeds for Celtic games

+2
bobheckler
beat
6 posters

Go down

Live feeds for Celtic games Empty Live feeds for Celtic games

Post by beat Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:35 am

We ( basically me) decieded against getting NBA league Pass this year as we can only watch so many games with our schedules and the fact that many of the C's games are on other networks we can get it just wasn't worth it. I contacted Direct TV about just being able to get the C's feeds for a fair price but they gave me nothing but a runaround. Still sending hatemail to them but to little avail.

I will miss Tommy and Mike but things being what they are LP just wasn't worth it.

Anyway tonights game won't be an issue as it is on NBA TV but in the future is there a good reliable website to watch the games on the computer? Won't be as good as the 42 flat screen HD but better than nothing?

I know we have several listed thanks to GYSO and others but which ones are best?

Thanks in advance!!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Live feeds for Celtic games Empty Re: Live feeds for Celtic games

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

http://atdhenet.tv/

I think the old one got snagged by the Feds, but this one works.

Here's another:

http://freefootball.org/upcomingtv.php?type=basketball&view=all

There one more I've used, when I find it I'll post it. You might have to learn to speak french, though.

These links should probably be posted to the appropriate board by the mods, too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Sorry Bob

I failed French II in HS. Did have a cute cadet teacher though and that made failing a bit easier, except at home.

Plus I have no intention of going to France, but Montreal is probably about as bad.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:33 pm

beat,

I really like www.firstrowsports.tv
You can watch all sports games on this website.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:02 pm

beat wrote:Sorry Bob

I failed French II in HS. Did have a cute cadet teacher though and that made failing a bit easier, except at home.

Plus I have no intention of going to France, but Montreal is probably about as bad.

beat

beat,

I'm not sure what everybody's problem with France is. They were, after all, critically important in helping us win our Revolutionary War (they provided blankets and winter wear to Washington in Valley Forge, cannons and powder and, last but not least, the french fleet sealed Cornwallis up in Yorktown, forcing his surrender. Without that, the British fleet would have arrived, eventually, and helped the British army to escape which would have prolonged the war and then who knows...?). Our support of them in WWI and WWII was us paying our debt. General Black Jack Pershing famously announced upon his arrival in France in 1917 "Lafayette, we are here", a clear statement of returning a favor.

France of today has style, great food and wine, culture and a healthcare system that is consistently ranked in the top 3 (ours, by comparison, is usually somewhere between 10-19). Just because they can't beat the Germans and don't always do what we want them to do doesn't mean they can't get anything right. As far as the French army goes, let's remember that La Legion Etrangere (the French Foreign Legion) is part of the French army and they are some very freaking tough hombres. Some people are lovers, some people are fighters; the French are lovers...

I used to go to Montreal a lot, when I went to college at Albany State. Also a fun town (not Paris, of course) but under snow for over half the year (much of the city is accessible underground, directly from the subways, but who wants to live like a mole?). Les Quebecois, however, are even more cantankerous and hostile than the French's reputation make them (I, for one, having always been treated well by the French, except for one waiter in Bordeaux. His jaw dropped when I told him what he could do with his check, in pretty good french street slang. I was with a friend in France this summer. His attitude towards France and the french was similar to yours and he doesn't speak french either. He had a good experience when he actually went there and saw first-hand they are not what their reputation claims they are). Half Les Quebecois don't want to even be part of Canada, much less speak english or smile at english speaking people. The French, when they don't feel they are being ordered around, lack the "small dog" mentality of the minority Quebecois. We are notorious for not wanting to be pushed around either. They have the second strongest economy in the Eurozone and, with Germany, are almost singlehandedly propping the EC up until Greece, Portugal and the rest of the small but weak sisters straighten out their debt issues.

Back to basketball, I don't need to hear an announcer to know what's happening on the court. Turn off the sound and put on the radio. That's what I used to do with Johnny. I'd turn the sound off the computer and listen to Johnny Most describe a game that was hilariously more partisan than the one I was watching. After all, we enjoy watching the Celtics, not listening to them...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:48 pm

bobheckler wrote:
beat wrote:Sorry Bob

beat

beat,

I'm not sure what everybody's problem with France is. They were, after all, critically important in helping us win our Revolutionary War (they provided blankets and winter wear to Washington in Valley Forge, cannons and powder and, last but not least, the french fleet sealed Cornwallis up in Yorktown, forcing his surrender. Without that, the British fleet would have arrived, eventually, and helped the British army to escape which would have prolonged the war and then who knows...?). Our support of them in WWI and WWII was us paying our debt. General Black Jack Pershing famously announced upon his arrival in France in 1917 "Lafayette, we are here", a clear statement of returning a favor.

France of today has style, great food and wine, culture and a healthcare system that is consistently ranked in the top 3 (ours, by comparison, is usually somewhere between 10-19). Just because they can't beat the Germans and don't always do what we want them to do doesn't mean they can't get anything right. As far as the French army goes, let's remember that La Legion Etrangere (the French Foreign Legion) is part of the French army and they are some very freaking tough hombres. Some people are lovers, some people are fighters; the French are lovers...

I used to go to Montreal a lot, when I went to college at Albany State. Also a fun town (not Paris, of course) but under snow for over half the year (much of the city is accessible underground, directly from the subways, but who wants to live like a mole?). Les Quebecois, however, are even more cantankerous and hostile than the French's reputation make them (I, for one, having always been treated well by the French, except for one waiter in Bordeaux. His jaw dropped when I told him what he could do with his check, in pretty good french street slang. I was with a friend in France this summer. His attitude towards France and the french was similar to yours and he doesn't speak french either. He had a good experience when he actually went there and saw first-hand they are not what their reputation claims they are). Half Les Quebecois don't want to even be part of Canada, much less speak english or smile at english speaking people. The French, when they don't feel they are being ordered around, lack the "small dog" mentality of the minority Quebecois. We are notorious for not wanting to be pushed around either. They have the second strongest economy in the Eurozone and, with Germany, are almost singlehandedly propping the EC up until Greece, Portugal and the rest of the small but weak sisters straighten out their debt issues.

Back to basketball, I don't need to hear an announcer to know what's happening on the court. Turn off the sound and put on the radio. That's what I used to do with Johnny. I'd turn the sound off the computer and listen to Johnny Most describe a game that was hilariously more partisan than the one I was watching. After all, we enjoy watching the Celtics, not listening to them...

bob

Went to Montreal several times during and after college. Cathreine's St was my first introduction to fine art of pole dancers..... could not understand a word she said but I certainly liked how she said it! Of course my non french speaking friends considered it the universal lanquage. Never looked at a pole the same way since. And if memory serves me correctly the place was called CLUB123 I think in part because it was the address of the place. We also went over to Stadium Olympic ( perhaps that is part of my problem with them, their language is backwords) Plus the damn place never worked the way it was suppose to. The non retractable roof that was to be retractable..french engineering at it's finest I guess, my friend and I went ot buy tickets for le Expo's and wanted good seats, said he take care of it and he tried to mumble some french billet or whatever is french for ticket, after a puzzeled look by this lady she asked IN ENGLISH do you want tickets to the game?

Hey almost caught a foul ball of the bat of Larry Parish one time... and we saw the Big Red Machine there too on another trip, Pete Rose got a hit in his 44th consecutive game that day. Hard to believe the all-time hit leader isn't in the HOF. Sort of a jerk and did bet on baseball but I have yet to see anything that says he bet on his team to lose. Getting well off course now.

As for helping us out in the revolution that was a bit before my time but yeah the revolution might have dragged on a while if they weren't around. Seems we have bailed them out a few times since. And wasn't all that many years ago we couldn't fly over their air space to bomb the bejesus out of Gadhafi's tent (sp) in Libya.

Rambling now....

And TJ thanks for the link I'll give it a shot tonight to see how it works.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Fragile...it's French..
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:36 am

I'm happy that one consistently helpful feature of this board seems to be the availability of feeds for games.

As for the conversation about the French, I have plenty to say as someone who considers himself fairly well-informed on the subject, but why bother? No comment.

BobH, did your advice for that Bordeaux waiter have anything to do with the suggestion, "Allez-vous faire enculer?" That's the phrase I used repeatedly in chasing a would-be pickpocket down some Paris Métro tunnels.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi,
There's also http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forum.php

AK
sinus007