jeb
LACELTFAN
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LAKERS HANG TOUGH - Page 2 Empty Re: LAKERS HANG TOUGH

Post by jeb Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Beat

Oh so very true. Imagine if Shaq had Bird or Jordans drive to improve.

If he hit his chippies though the Lakes woulda killed everybody!

The horror!

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:26 pm

jeb65 wrote:Sky

Got to call you out on this one a bit. I heard that poor shaq routine for years as you guys won and won. He just bogarted people outta the way and he gave way more than he got. The refs didn't know how to call the games.

In his case (shaq's) he is a pure freak physical specimen. A giant guy perfectly proportioned that moved like a damn guard. If he was in shape...say the way Kobe always is...well the whole damn association woulda ben playin for second.

Jeb

It's not a Shaq-specific (or Laker specific) thing with me, that's why I listed Howard, as he's the most prominent current example.

I just hate that a big man can get hammered violently with no call, but then a guard gets brushed on the perimeter and it's a foul.

It's wildly inconsistent.

Same thing with flagrants.

Rondo clocking MIller in the head is a good example. One player winds up and swings at the others head. If that had been reversed, with Miller clocking Rondo, it would have been a flagrant 2. BUt b/c it was a small clocking a big, and the game was on the line, and it was on the small's home court, it was just a foul.

Kind of crazy, when you consider some of the things that did get called flagrant in the payoffs last year. Again- wildly inconsistent. That's my problem.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Sky

I really think it is BECAUSE they are so big. If it aint closely watched players could in all seriousness be killed. I did a spot with pippen and that dude was huge.

If for example Shaq's swing at brad miller would have landed miller could have died.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:30 pm

In his case (shaq's) he is a pure freak physical specimen. A giant guy perfectly proportioned that moved like a damn guard. If he was in shape...say the way Kobe always is...well the whole damn association woulda ben playin for second.

Jeb

If Shaq had Kobe's drive to improve his game every year and his work ethic we'd be debating whether or not Shaq was the greatest player to ever play.

Instead, I don't even know if he's in the top 10. Probably not.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Sky

there would be no debate. With his gifts he could have just dominated the game wilt/russell style. Leastwise thats my opinion.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:35 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Kobe's averaging 41.6 mpg so far. His career average is 36.5 mpg and he averaged 40.9 mpg in the playoffs and admitted he was exhausted (and that was just after 6-8 weeks at that pace). Maybe I'm being Chicken Little here, but I would think Jackson has to cut him back sooner rather than later. He can't average close to 40 mpg for the regular season and then do that some more in the playoffs. He has to get dialed back to around 36-37 and the longer his average stays high the harder it will be to get his average down to that. Might not have a choice. It'll be a couple of weeks, I suspect, before Gasol's back to game shape and can really take the load off him.

bob

Bob-

I don't think you're being Chicken Little. I agree- he can't log these minutes for an entire season. Phil definitely leans on his starters historically, but I think with these last few games he's thinking "Let's get these wins now and give Kobe some rest once Pau comes back."

B/c Pau can carry the offense when KB is on the bench, I think Kobe's minutes will be fine once he is back.

And with Ron's shot now falling, he can pick up some of the slack (and get more shots) while Kobe gets some rest.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:I'll take Horry on my team any day before someone like Peja or Hedo.

babyskyhook,

I'd take "Big Shot Bob" anyday too.

"BB Shot" bob

Great minds think alike my friend.

Did you see my response to your Laker Bench post yesterday ?
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:43 pm

It's funny. I tried very hard to adjust my opinion of Kobe. But because I am a Celtic fan I still lapse into my KoMe judgements and ignore the facts. Bias tilts my view. One thing i admire about you is you seem super fair about all of this.

I really value that. I will try not to see everything through green glasses and to see what is there as opposed to what I WANT to see.

Somethin to think about.

Jeb

You always seem like you're calling 'em straight to me, buddy- no worries.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:47 pm

babyskyhook wrote:
bobheckler wrote:I'll take Horry on my team any day before someone like Peja or Hedo.

babyskyhook,

I'd take "Big Shot Bob" anyday too.

"BB Shot" bob

Great minds think alike my friend.

Did you see my response to your Laker Bench post yesterday ?

sky,

I responded to your Laker bench post. Great analysis. Spot on, I thought.

In case you hadn't heard, over this summer Danny Ainge had been talking to Big Shot Bob about coming out of retirement and playing for the Celts. Couldn't do it. Horry was done. Imagine the Celts with Horry on a 1 or, at most, 2 year rental instead of Sheed for 3. I actually consider those players to be quite similar. Some inside work, a lot of outside work, solid, underrated defenders. Horry isn't anywhere near as combustible as Sheed though. Sheed is better offensively overall, but I can't think of many players I'd rather have take a buzzer beater than Robert Keith Horry.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2