Interesting Insight By Russell On Wilt - Might Be Labrons Problem Too

3 posters

Go down

Interesting Insight By Russell On Wilt - Might Be Labrons Problem Too Empty Interesting Insight By Russell On Wilt - Might Be Labrons Problem Too

Post by 112288 Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:13 am

During MSG Center Stage with Michael Kay, Bill Russell was the guest of the day. He told a story of a private discussion that he had with Wilt who told him the following.

He, Wilt could never play for the Celtics and probably would not have won in Boston. Russell went on to note that Wilt felt this way because of Russell's game. Russell's success centered around him distributing the ball to his teammates and that Russell made his teammates (Team) better. Wilt's game was centered around getting the ball and going to the basket to shoot and not distributing to his teammates. I guess one on one. Sound familiar.

I forgot from who said the quote but it went like this. There are two types of super stars, one who sets all the records and everything is centered on him and the production that he would produce night in and night out and the second kind of super star was a guy who won and who used his skills to make his teammates better. Kind of like Wilt and Russell.

Point I am getting to is that history maybe repeating it self with regards to Lebron James. He might rack up all the awards in the NBA for scoring etc but he will never be a winner because he does not or cannot make his teammates better. Could be him......could be the Coach. You pick'em!

Back to top Go down

Interesting Insight By Russell On Wilt - Might Be Labrons Problem Too Empty Re: Interesting Insight By Russell On Wilt - Might Be Labrons Problem Too

Post by jeb Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:00 am

It is his ginormus ego. Nobody is telling this kid to slow down. You can see it in his body talk.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Interesting Insight By Russell On Wilt - Might Be Labrons Problem Too Empty Re: Interesting Insight By Russell On Wilt - Might Be Labrons Problem Too

Post by dbrown4 Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:51 am

Well, hopefully, at least talking to Bosotn may help LeBron. All the other teams will swing way to the other side, giving him whatever he wants but no championship. Good observations on the non-verbal communication. I'll have to watch that some more.

As much as we ride KoMe, he has somewhat figured it out. He had to have Shaq and Guffaw to get his championships, just as Michael needed Pippen. I'd put KoMe somewhere still very close to the Me end of the Me-Team scale. By the summer, we will know where LeBron is on the scale, but from all indications, he may be off it to the left.

While I respect Russell, I'm always hestitant of comments made about someone who presently cannot defend himself, in this case Wilt. Russell's comments sound good, and make sense and sound reasonable to us but we will never know Wilt's thoughts on Russell's comments.

Overall, though, it's a big mess. Coach, management, entourage. It all needs a major house cleaning. It will be an interesting 8 months!!

Last edited by dbrown4 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't type in the morning)
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down