8 Down 73 Wins To Go!

+2
jeb
6 posters

Go down

8 Down 73 Wins To Go! Empty 8 Down 73 Wins To Go!

Post by 112288 Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Good to see the Celtics get their legs back and their shooting touch tonight but it came slowly.

First Period

Although the C’s were hot making 6/7 they could not keep the Jazz off the glass giving them easy second chances. Celtics defense poor in the paint allowing 10 points with 2:30 left. Nice steal by Rondo to end the period. Celtic’s lucky that their shooting stayed hot for the period, 61% vs. 45.5% for Jazz.

Second Period

For the last 3 games starting with PHX, NJ and again tonight the Celtics have been soft on defense especially allowing opposing players to cut down the driving lane and score. Jazz started to attack the same way in the first but the Celtics made a nice adjustment in that area and overall tightened their “D” up.

Nice to see Rasheed get his touch from outside hitting two 3”s.

Perk with some nice scoring down low.

Celtic’s kept Jazz 0/6 from 3 pt land.

Third Period

Nice to see a little Harlem Globe Trotter Basketball with that nice exchange of head fakes and multiple passes pushing the score to 69 -50 lead.

Nice Alley-Oop by KG where he was able to fight off coverage and elevate to make the basket.

Fourth Period

Williams although starting off the game slow had a nice finishing period 6 pts, 6 bounds in 19+ minutes. Nice to see Rasheed get acquainted with the paint with some good “D” low and a nice drive to the basket for 2 pts.

Daniels had a nice solid game. Quiet yet productive with 10 points. Nice to see Hudson keep getting minutes and should really help his development.

Overall, nice job and looking more like the Boston Celtics we know. Good ball movement and great adjustment to their defense after a slow start. C’s forced 21 turnovers by Jazz vs. only 15 by C’s. All 5 starters in double figures and overall 7 players in double figures for the C’s.

Worried about Allen. He is putting up numbers but he has yet to have any of those break out games we are accustom to.

Back to top Go down

8 Down 73 Wins To Go! Empty Re: 8 Down 73 Wins To Go!

Post by jeb Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:38 pm

I think Ray is "givin the game what it needs." he is fine and will pull out a 30 point game when we need it. His conditioning is something to behold. Never stops moving.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Another solid game for Shelden. KG called him a "live wire" during the post game interview and was very complimentary of SW's "work ethic."

Coming from KG, that is high praise indeed.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Look at the 3 pt conversion not too bad, and especially the foul line conversion. They did their homework. Go C's!
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:31 am

112288 - Honestly, I have to wonder how you sleep at night with all the doom and gloom and worrying you display in your posts.

This is not CYO or JV basketball, these are all grown men at the top of their game. It is not going to be a cake walk every night, and the fact that the Celtics were only up by 5 at the end of the first quarter.

I saw improvement in every aspect of their game last night.

KG moved back into his comfort zone and was moving well with and without the ball. Rondo was dominant – Perk was tough underneath - Pierce and Allen didn’t force it, and just let the game come to them. Sheed was on – House still looks a little off, but he hit a few shots – Daniels played great and Williams continued to do his job.

It says to me that when they play several back to backs, or 3 games in 4 days – they will struggle a bit. When they have a day or two off in between, they are nearly unstoppable.

Going to the game on Friday vs. Atl….should be a good one as well.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:47 am

mrkleen

I was sort of thinking the same thing. We got off to a very good start hitting our first 8-9 shots (including foul shots) all from inside. Yeah Utah got a few to many offensive boards but a couple of those were the old air ball complete miss type that are hard to box on.

i checke dthe laker schedule in December----brutal many back to backs, I think we have one of those.
And when baby gets back one more big to split a few minutes with and lesson the load on the big three.

7 players in double figures. Team played well overall. Shot selection much better and looked like the effort was made to get the ball inside and if swallowed up then kick it out instead of just taking the three early in the shot clock.

I do tend to agree a little on the RA concern. just a little. Perhaps he is just pacing himself a bit but who knows. He isn't forcing shots and seems to be taking it inside a lot more than ever before (with some success also)

Our lead virtually doubled after each of the first three quarters from 5 to 10 to about 20. Sort of like a boa constrictor just tightening the squeeze throughout the game till it's over.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:02 am

mrkleen09 wrote:112288 - Honestly, I have to wonder how you sleep at night with all the doom and gloom and worrying you display in your posts.

This is not CYO or JV basketball, these are all grown men at the top of their game. It is not going to be a cake walk every night, and the fact that the Celtics were only up by 5 at the end of the first quarter.

I saw improvement in every aspect of their game last night.

KG moved back into his comfort zone and was moving well with and without the ball. Rondo was dominant – Perk was tough underneath - Pierce and Allen didn’t force it, and just let the game come to them. Sheed was on – House still looks a little off, but he hit a few shots – Daniels played great and Williams continued to do his job.

It says to me that when they play several back to backs, or 3 games in 4 days – they will struggle a bit. When they have a day or two off in between, they are nearly unstoppable.

Going to the game on Friday vs. Atl….should be a good one as well.

No, happy with how they played but I guess we all know how things can go south quick if one problem grows into several. It is also intended to create dialog among us. Even if the C's won 73, can't sleep until the CROWN is back in Boston!

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:15 am

112288 is simply cautiously optimistic... used the word "nice" about a dozen times.

NICE indeed!!! Cool

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Your only picking the Celts to win 73...what kinda humanist pinko facsicst are you?

Man I HEAR you on the crown. But fear not. Kleen suggested to me that maybe I ought to breathe more not too far back and I decided to listen to him

And listen boo...last night was damn near perfect. Beat's boa constrictor ref was perfect.

To me the really great thing about the forum is we all bleed green but we see things way different. Helps to stay balanced.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:03 pm

jeb65 wrote:112288

Your only picking the Celts to win 73...what kinda humanist pinko facsicst are you?

Man I HEAR you on the crown. But fear not. Kleen suggested to me that maybe I ought to breathe more not too far back and I decided to listen to him

And listen boo...last night was damn near perfect. Beat's boa constrictor ref was perfect.

To me the really great thing about the forum is we all bleed green but we see things way different. Helps to stay balanced.

Jeb

Love your reply! First time I was able to put a smile on my face in a long while.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk

Try that one on for size big fella.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down