WHO IS THAT NEW GUY #43?

5 posters

Go down

WHO IS THAT NEW GUY #43? Empty WHO IS THAT NEW GUY #43?

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:38 pm

From a guy who can't seem to hold on to the ball, to a guy throwing LONG behind the back passes out beyond the 3 point line....Perkins, one of my favorite grind em out players...is getting fancy. I love it! Whatya think folks, is this guy gonna take it up another notch this year? I, for one, am so glad that he is part of the mix.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

WHO IS THAT NEW GUY #43? Empty Re: WHO IS THAT NEW GUY #43?

Post by Sam Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:53 pm

LaCeltFan. Was it last season or the previous season when Perk dribbled nearly the length of the floor, going behind-the-back before he passed off? I think he secretly takes Cousy pills.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:07 pm

I think he must of just watched a Pistol Pete video or something. I really like his body language this year. It must be watching Rondo 24/7 wears off on him.

Sam, he used to drive me crazy when he would always take the ball to the floor. He has improved there and just about everywhere else too!! Playoff time will be his break out this year. I see a few plays called at the beginning of games lately and that could be a good weapon against the smaller teams. He just needs to work on free throws. Maybe he should shoot them behind his back.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Hoop

I'd love to see him put them up underhanded like Barry used too. It would go up so much softer, would require practice but.........what doesn't.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

WHO IS THAT NEW GUY #43? Empty Perk.... 280 pounds with a very bad attitude!

Post by gacracker Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:22 pm

I love Perk but those "cranky" baby hooks to me look all too often low, flat and hard, hitting the front of the rim. Almost the same with FTs.

How about a wee bit of touch, KP? S-O-F-T-L-Y!!! Take some of the starch out, please.

I did like the behind the back pass to KG at the FT line last night.

No problemo on defense though. Tough as toe nails! Just like I like 'em.

Perk is a very, very bad man! A beast! Mad

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Beat,

When I was Marcus's age we were taught the underhanded free throw in the Pawtucket YMCA just down 95 from Boston. I probably remember what I think happened, but when I got to high school I'm sure we used it occasionally when we were off rythym. Out of it I kind of had a little scoop up and under the bigger guys that was way ugly but worked!

Cracker,

I think maybe he is so thick in the arms that the ball comes off sort of on a rope. He uses them well for defense though. Cranky is an understatement for his faces. My wife said he's scary enough to be in movies as the heavy.

He seems to be a nice kid with his head on right. I'm glad he's starting to get some recognition for his improvements over time.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum