Jack Hole Strikes Again

5 posters

Go down

Jack Hole Strikes Again Empty Jack Hole Strikes Again

Post by Sam Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:27 pm

I don’t know how reliable Yardbarker is but, in my estimation, it helps their stature that they root for the Celtics. Following is a statement they attribute to my most detested fraud on the basketball scene—John (Never met an offensive stat I didn’t worship—and the more bogus they are the better) Hollinger:

“Can they amnesty Green yet, or do they have to wait until the games start? Maybe the Celtics are just trying to keep us on our toes and prove they're capable of screwing up, too. Here's what we know: Green was a fungible player before he missed last season with a heart problem; guaranteeing him four years (with a player option on the fourth!) at a rate far beyond any rational market level is something we might expect from a couple of the league's bumbling organizations, but certainly not this one. I can't stress this enough: Green is 26 and played four full seasons in the league, and after all that time there's no evidence he's actually any good and considerable evidence that he's a health risk. Yet he's being paid like a second-tier star. This was, without a doubt, the worst contract of the summer.”

None of us knows how Jeff will produce over the course of a full season, and it’ll be nice to see him able to play the entire season. But I trust Doc’s instincts, and right now Doc’s saying there’s every likelihood Jeff will be among the five who finish games for the Celtics. Jeff’s aggressiveness has made him a legitimate “go to” guy, especially if he’s playing with the bench. And the irony of Little Jackie’s quote that Jeff’s “being paid like a second-tier star” is that a “second tier star” is precisely what Jeff has every chance to be for the 2012-13 Celtics.

Great insights as usual, Jack Hole. Is it true that your sensationalism-seeking little domain goes by the name of:
Institute for Slandering Ultimate Celtics Karma?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/hollinger_hates_jeff_green_but_doc_loves_him/11939902

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Jack Hole Strikes Again Empty Re: Jack Hole Strikes Again

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:37 pm

Yes, and by the way Sam, I heard Jack has an Advanced degree from Sam Houston Institute of Technology S.H.I.T. (about what his opinions are worth.) With the kind of year the Sox had and the Pats slipping, it's up to the Celtics to uphold the honor of Boston Sports. Go Celts!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Look at it this way: How often does your mortal enemy hand you a nail for his coffin and the hammer to use on it?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:13 pm

This guy is wrong so often that it's a reflection on basketball fans everywhere that his writing ever sees the light of day. It's nothing more than
Putrid Egomaniacal Rotgut.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:39 pm

The guy is a moron...Celts could not use the amnesty provision on Jeff even if they wanted to since it only applies to players under contract from the previous CBA
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Just for the heck of it, I googled Jack Hole's bio and couldn't really come up with much—such as his major in college or anything else that qualifies him as a statistician. The only quasi-substantive material appears in Wikipedia, which carries a disclaimer at the top of the piece, claiming that the info on Jackie contains "weasel words." I've often used that term and was interested to see Wikipedia's definition.

"Weasel words" are statements which appear to assert something but subtly imply something different, opposite or stronger in the way they are made. A common form of weasel wording is through vague attribution, where a statement is dressed with authority with no substantial basis. Phrases such as those above present the appearance of support for statements but can deny the reader the opportunity to assess the source of the viewpoint. They may disguise a biased view. Claims about what people say, think, feel, or believe, and what has been shown, demonstrated, or proved should be clearly attributed.[5] However, views which are properly attributed to a reliable source may use similar expressions if they accurately represent the opinions of the source.

Articles including weasel words should ideally be rewritten such that they are supported by reliable sources, or they may be tagged with the {{Weasel}} template so to identify the problem to future readers (who may elect to fix the issue).

It appears that his biographical description is as vague and unsupported as his "statistics" and opinions.

Sorry to go off on a rant, but every once in a while I feel the need to expound on what a total fraud this guy is. It's probably not the best idea to reference him as an information source in any debate involving me.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Sam,
I share your disgust to that guy 100%.
I read his attack on JG on the Insider via BDC (I still can't understand why people pay to consume crap).
He's worst of the worst. The sad part is that he's employed by ESPN and is considered one of the "experts".
Oh, boy...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down