tardust
NYCelt
gyso
sinus007
tjmakz
mrkleen09
11 posters

Go down

D Wade Calls Rajon Rondo Foul "A Punk Play" Empty D Wade Calls Rajon Rondo Foul "A Punk Play"

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:12 pm

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/10/31/dwyane-wade-calls-rajon-rondos-foul-a-punk-play/

BOSTON (CBS) — There is unquestionably no love lost between the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat, and that mutual distaste has manifested itself through star guards Rajon Rondo and Dwyane Wade several times before.

On Tuesday night, in the very first game of the 2012-13 season, Rondo and Wade wasted no time in getting back to their chippy ways.

Less than five minutes into the fourth quarter, with the Heat leading the Celtics by 13 points, Wade drove to the basket past Rondo and scored. Rondo complained to the official that Wade hooked him with his arm, and Rondo was assessed a technical foul for his demonstrative complaint.

Fast-forward to the final minute of the game, when Wade again drove past Rondo. On this drive, Rondo wrapped his left arm around the neck and shoulder area of Wade (you can see the video here), preventing him from getting to the basket. Rondo was given a Flagrant 1 for the foul, and nothing escalated beyond that.

Wade, however, wasn’t shy about his feelings toward the play.

“It was a punk play by him,” Wade said of Rondo. “The league will take care of it. He clotheslined me with two hands.”

Wade said he almost reacted but then thought better of it.

“I’ve got my kids watching, so I stopped,” Wade said. “I’m here to play basketball. That’s what we are, we’re basketball players. If you want to do something else, go do something else, boxing and all those other things.”

Rondo had little to say about the foul.

“I don’t have a response to that,” he said, according to the Sun-Sentinel. “Everybody’s entitled to their opinion. I know [Wade] has a voice. There’s nothing else to it.”

When Rondo was asked if Wade expressed his belief that it was a “punk play” to Rondo while on the court, Rondo said, “No, he didn’t say anything to my face.”

While Rondo didn’t offer much, his head coach said he didn’t think the play was violent.

“I don’t know what a flagrant is anymore,” Doc Rivers said, according to the Boston Herald. “He grabbed him around the shoulders, and as he turned — I would have been out of the league in two years. Our hand checks were harder. It’s late in the game, and officials rightly call it tight when you’re down. We can’t do that, but it’s not a big thing in this game and it shouldn’t be made one.”

Rondo and Wade have a history going back to the playoffs two seasons ago, when Wade dragged Rondo down to the court, resulting in Rondo dislocating his elbow (you can see that video here). He did return to that game, and he did manage to play the rest of the series with one arm, though it’s clear Rondo’s not ready to forgive. The two were also given matching technical fouls during Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals last season.

And according to Wade, this little feud might not be over.

“We’ll see next time we play,” Wade said.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Could Wade be MORE of an asshole? Seriously.

-He dislocated Rondo's arm 2 years ago with a BUSH league tackle and the refs let him get away with it - no flagrant
-He slammed into Paul Pierce last year and the refs threw Pierce out of the game.
-He body slammed Collison last season in the playoffs
-He broke Kobe's nose in an ALL STAR Game

Biggest punk in the NBA.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

D Wade Calls Rajon Rondo Foul "A Punk Play" Empty Re: D Wade Calls Rajon Rondo Foul "A Punk Play"

Post by tjmakz Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Wade was right, it was a punk play.
But coming from Wade, it loses all credibility.

Every Boston/Miami game this season will have a playoff atmosphere.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

D Wade Calls Rajon Rondo Foul "A Punk Play" Empty Re: D Wade Calls Rajon Rondo Foul "A Punk Play"

Post by sinus007 Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi,
Another way to look at it is: the game was done, 20 seconds and 11 points ahead - absolutely no need to show-off driving to the hoop. In situations like that players on the loosing side are very sensitive - don't rub it in.
IMO, it was DWade who showed his punk-ness. Especially, whining to the press and involving his children. Especially coming from the player who commits hard/flagrant fouls left and right often with intent to injure.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:48 pm

In last night's game, Green drove to the basket and while up in the air, Wade bent at the waist and undercut Green, leaving Green with a nasty fall to the floor.

It was early in the game (if I remember correctly) and the word, 'Punk' clearly crossed my mind. I wish the game was on Comcast because I would have like to hear what Tommy thought about it.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:17 pm

Punk play? I saw it and it was, so yeah, I'll take Wade's word on that one...

...after all, Wade is certainly an expert on the subject.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:10 pm

gyso wrote:In last night's game, Green drove to the basket and while up in the air, Wade bent at the waist and undercut Green, leaving Green with a nasty fall to the floor.

It was early in the game (if I remember correctly) and the word, 'Punk' clearly crossed my mind. I wish the game was on Comcast because I would have like to hear what Tommy thought about it.

gyso

I remember that as well. Normally I wouldn't like what RR did, but in this case I liked it. I think Miami gets by with more stuff than any team in the league as far and being physical. Rondo probably made this physical from now one. Maybe if it gets rough enough the refs will be forced to call it tight both ways which would be fine with me. I know I am a homer but I feel like we get the short end of the stick when we play these guys. Make the refs call it.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Here's a picture of the play:

D Wade Calls Rajon Rondo Foul "A Punk Play" Punk_w10

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 pm

gyso wrote:Here's a picture of the play:

D Wade Calls Rajon Rondo Foul "A Punk Play" Punk_w10

Gyso,

A picture does nothing to show what happened on that play. I didn't think for a second that Wade undercut Green.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:38 pm

And look who is calling the kettle black!!! This guy is the dirtiest player on the court. How many players has he personally hurt?

I am sure Doc probably said "good, just don't do it and get caught next time"

These ref's are looking for a reason to create a problem here. Step on everyone equally
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 am

I agree Wade has no business calling Rondo's foul a "punk play." Rondo's foul was trivial compared to some of the stuff Wade has pulled.

One thing that's nice is that I'm seeing some people in the sports world calling Wade out on his hypocrisy.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 am

tj,

If you were to see the entire play, even you might change your mind. The undercutting started on the other side of the paint and carried over to where the photo was taken. Green was trying to dunk the ball on a drive to the basket and was MUCH higher off the floor as a result. Wade turned (kind of the position he show in the picture) and offered his rear-end as a low center of gravity pivot point. You know, under cut.

As I said, Green started much higher and at the time and as a result, really hit the floor hard.

I am not the only one that saw it as a punk play as it happened. Others (here and elsewhere) made the same comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:32 am

gyso,

I watched every play of the Celtics/Miami game and I did not think that the foul Wade committed was cheap or intentional. I tried to find a replay of that play online but did not find anything.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:49 am

Nothing that is not unexpected from a punk like Wade. Karma is a bitch though.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 am

The league has upheld Rondo's Flagrant 1 foul.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 am

From now on, I'm calling him PWade (that's P for Punk). Anyway, P made news on ESPN today for his bitch-like twitting. Apparently, the overpampered millionaire is complaining about having to travel to a disaster area called NYC. "It's dirty. It smells bad. There are thousands of people without food or heat. I can't be exposed to nasty things. Why can't we just stay in Miami?" said the Punk (not really, but it was something like that).

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am

rickdavisakaspike wrote:
From now on, I'm calling him PWade (that's P for Punk). Anyway, P made news on ESPN today for his bitch-like twitting. Apparently, the overpampered millionaire is complaining about having to travel to a disaster area called NYC. "It's dirty. It smells bad. There are thousands of people without food or heat. I can't be exposed to nasty things. Why can't we just stay in Miami?" said the Punk (not really, but it was something like that).

Your post above is not very accurate.
Here is what Dwayne Wade said:

"3 hour traffic just to get into the NY city . . . #C’monMan," Wade tweeted, with the Heat trying to get into town to play the Knicks on Friday night at Madison Square Garden.

He then followed up with this tweet.

"2 be clear "Traffic tweet was meant 2 say"... We shouldn't B hre 2 play a basketball game when theirs so many families obviously still R affected by #Sandy".

http://www.nesn.com/2012/11/dwyane-wade-complains-about-hurricane-sandy-related-traffic-then-tries-to-explain-himself.html

tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 am

tjmakz wrote:
rickdavisakaspike wrote:

"3 hour traffic just to get into the NY city . . . #C’monMan," Wade tweeted, with the Heat trying to get into town to play the Knicks on Friday night at Madison Square Garden.

"2 be clear "Traffic tweet was meant 2 say"... We shouldn't B hre 2 play a basketball game when theirs so many families obviously still R affected by #Sandy".

http://www.nesn.com/2012/11/dwyane-wade-complains-about-hurricane-sandy-related-traffic-then-tries-to-explain-himself.html

Hi,
In situations like that the following always comes up:
When you say what you think - think what you say.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:35 am

D Wade is one of those stupid people who dig their own grave. Just stand back and watch as he continues to stick his foot in his mouth, day after day.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:38 am

tjmakz wrote:
rickdavisakaspike wrote:

TJ,

The "explanation" by Wade sounds neither sincere nor cogent. People "affected by Sandy" aren't the cause of traffic jams, nor are traffic jams caused by Sandy something NYers have never seen before. Traffic jams are as much a part of NY life as fog in San Francisco in the summertime. This sounds like a "oops, I sounded like an asshole, I better backpedal".

btw, there's a helipad not too far away from MSG. They could fly from the airport to the helipad in Manhattan. So much for his heartfelt concerns about their contribution to "traffic".

They should put PWade up on Mt. Rushmore, he's that kind of noble soul.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 pm

bob,

Dwayne should not have complained about the traffic when there are so many problems due to the hurricane. I would think that was a tweet he would like to take back.

The traffic problem is not regular traffic.
The Holland Tunnel is closed.
The Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel is closed.
Many subways are closed.
The game should not be played.
I also think it is crazy/stupid to have the NYC Marathon this weekend.

I replied to Spike because he made no effort in being objective or accurrate to what Dwayne said about NYC. At least show some effort in being accurate when posting here...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:15 pm

tjmakz wrote:gyso,

I watched every play of the Celtics/Miami game and I did not think that the foul Wade committed was cheap or intentional. I tried to find a replay of that play online but did not find anything.

tj,

I DVR the games. I can watch plays like this over and over, at regular speed and super slo-mo. I can even ssm the networks slo-mo, so that would be ssmnsm.

I did. Undercut = Punk play, Final answer.

gyso

PS: FYI, when reading about this play, the general tone was in reference to today's current game. Currently, undercutting is being considered to be a big no-no, due to the possibility of injury. Perhaps 10 or more years ago, this was considered a good hard foul, but now, it is considered a punk play.

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi,
Re traffic. My nephew w/family flew to JFK yesterday. It took them 1.5 hours to get to a hotel on 29th st in Manhatten by cab.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 pm

tjmakz wrote:bob,

Dwayne should not have complained about the traffic when there are so many problems due to the hurricane. I would think that was a tweet he would like to take back.

The traffic problem is not regular traffic.
The Holland Tunnel is closed.
The Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel is closed.
Many subways are closed.
The game should not be played.
I also think it is crazy/stupid to have the NYC Marathon this weekend.

I replied to Spike because he made no effort in being objective or accurrate to what Dwayne said about NYC. At least show some effort in being accurate when posting here...

TJ,

I'm all for accuracy in reporting.

Currently, the traffic in NY is improving, according to reports I'm reading (obviously, living in NorCal I'm not in a position to confirm this). Many drivers have been stuck in NJ, due to the closing of those tunnels. One would think that would reduce the traffic anyway.

Apparently, 39th St. is the DMZ. No power below 39th street, but services are fine above it.

I can almost guarantee people will either take the day off or will leave work early today.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:37 pm

I am flying into JFK next Tuesday and we are renting a car to drive over to Co-Op City/New Rochelle area. I am flying out of LGA the next afternoon.

I cannot get a room near where the others in my group are staying. The other guys had reservations pre-storm, but I didn't know about the trip until a couple days ago. Hopefully, power will get turned back on in some of the areas down there (half of Manhatten is still out?) and a room will open up.

The hotel clerk said that there is no gas available near the hotel. There was some for a while, but it went quick.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Steve said it was a mess, he got out of town at the right time, before gas was gone!

Thank God we here in Mass. made out okay
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down