POST GAME ORLANDO

5 posters

Go down

POST GAME ORLANDO Empty POST GAME ORLANDO

Post by 112288 Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 pm

HAD IT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

SCAL'S LESSON OF THE DAY - KEEP YOUR HANDS AND ARMS UP!!!!!

Orlando is a pesky young team and they can shoot.

RONDO TIES STOCKTON AT 37 GAMES WITH 10+ ASSISTS!!!!!!!

Celtics garbed 51 rebs - including 17 count them 17 offensive boards!! Orlando finishe with 42 rebs.

Celtics scored 60 pts in the paint verses 34 pts for Orlando.

Bass was the work horse tonight - 13 pts - 12 rebs - +11
Pierce 23pts and KG 24pts.

Got to tighten the parameter defense and we cannot continue to give up 100pts a game.

NEXT GAME - WEDNESDAY - HOME - 7:30PM - BROOKLYN

POST GAME RECAP ESPNBOSTON.COM

Rapid reaction: Celtics 116, Magic 110 (OT)

By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

AP Photo/Scott Iskowitz
Paul Pierce works against Jameer Nelson during Sunday's clash in Orlando.
Rapid reaction after the Boston Celtics defeated the Orlando Magic 116-110 on overtime on Sunday night at the Amway Center:

THE NITTY GRITTY
Kevin Garnett scored a team-high 25 points to go along with 10 rebounds, while Rajon Rondo flirted with a triple-double (15 points, 16 assists, 9 rebounds) as the Celtics escaped with their second straight win. Paul Pierce added 23 points, while Brandon Bass kicked in a double-double (13 points, 12 rebounds) for Boston. Jameer Nelson scored 20 points for Orlando and fueled their second-half rally, while J.J. Redick added a team-high 21 points off the bench. Old friends Glen Davis (15 points, 7 rebounds) and E'Twaun Moore (8 points, 2 assists) helped the Magic hang around.

FREE BASKETBALL: RONDO BREAKS GAME OPEN
Rondo -- maybe surprisingly -- called his own number twice on odd-man breaks late in the overtime session, delivering a pair of layups (the second of which was completely uncontested) that -- combined with a big Pierce 3-pointer -- helped Boston pull away in the extra session. The Magic did have a chance to tie the game and Nelson got a quality look at a 3-pointer from the right wing, but it was off the mark and the Celtics sealed their triumph at the free throw line.

RONDO MATCHES STOCKTON
Rondo posted his 37th straight game with double-digit assists, matching the mark of Utah's John Stockton for the second longest run in NBA history. After handing out nine first-half helpers, Rondo got No. 10 just 2:11 into the third quarter when he fed Pierce for a 3-pointer that had Boston out front by 10. Rondo had four assists over the game's first four minutes to jump start his quest. Rondo now sets his sights on Magic Johnson's NBA record of 46 consecutive games with double-digit assists.

TURNING POINT 1: MAGIC GET HOT
The Celtics were up 11 with eight minutes to play in the third quarter, but the Magic caught fire and quickly surged ahead. It was Nelson who did much of the damage and his 3-point shot with 40 seconds to play in the frame tied the game, then he added a 15-foot fadeaway before the buzzer to send the Magic into the fourth quarter up 82-80. Orlando was 13-of-17 shooting in the third while outscoring Boston 34-22. They pushed their lead as high as seven in the fourth quarter, but ...

TURNING POINT 2: CELTICS RALLY BACK
The Celtics were down six with under five minutes to go, but Garnett rallied them back and his 20-foot jumper 1:21 to go tied the game at 102. Both teams squandered initial opportunities and Boston got the final shot where old habits die hard as the Celtics went to Pierce at the elbow, but they didn't get the switch they were looking for and Pierce's 15-foot fadeaway over Arron Afflalo rimmed out to send the game to overtime.

WHAT IT MEANS
Nothing come easy for the Green, but a win is a win. After making strides on Friday's statement win over the Oklahoma City Thunder, Boston couldn't let this game slip away. Garnett carried them down the stretch of regulation and Rondo's rare selfishness in overtime helped ensure the win. The Celtics (8-6) have a couple days off before they host the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday at TD Garden. A back-to-back looms later in the week when Boston hosts the Trail Blazers on Friday before traveling to Milwaukee on Saturday.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

WEEI 850 AM

FAST BREAK: RAJON RONDO STOPS MAGIC, TIES JOHN STOCKTON FOR CONSECUTIVE DOUBLE-DIGIT ASSISTS

By Ben Rohrbach

The Magic finally missed a couple 3-pointers, and they couldn’t have come at a better time. Both Jameer Nelson and Glen Davis missed treys in the final minute, and the Celtics made 3-of-4 free throws down the stretch to escape Orlando with a 116-110 overtime victory.

Rajon Rondo (15 points, 16 assists, 9 rebounds) fell one rebound short of his first triple-double of the season (and 24th of his career), but he did eclipse double-digit assists for the 37th straight game, tying John Stockton for the second-longest streak in NBA history, trailing only Magic Johnson (46).

Kevin Garnett (24 points, 10 rebounds) notched his first double-double since Nov. 9, and Paul Pierce added 23 points despite missing his signature elbow jumper at the end of regulation. Leandro Barbosa (15 points), Brandon Bass (13 points) and Jared Sullinger (11 points) also reached double figures for the Celtics (8-6).

WHAT WENT RIGHT

Blurring the lines: In four first-half minutes, Leandro Barbosa scored 11 points, making all four of his shots, including a pair of 3-pointers and a traditional three-point play. He entered the game averaging 15.8 points, 4.5 assists and 2.7 rebounds per 36 minutes, and that kind of production can’t be ignored. Makes you wonder how many guard minutes will be left for Courtney Lee once Avery Bradley returns.

Painting a masterpiece: Without Dwight Howard to stop them, the Celtics took full advantage of a rare frontcourt strength advantage. At halftime, when the Celtics built a 58-48 advantage, the Celtics owned the advantage in points in the paint (30-16) rebounds (23-21) and second-chance points (10-4). Rarely do the C’s lead any of those three categories, but it’s nice to see Pierce, Garnett and Bass deliver when they should.

Sully tapped: Less than two minutes into his night, Jared Sullinger‘s first attempt got swatted back into his face by Josh McRoberts. It was the beginning of an 0-for-3 start for the Celtics rookie. The larger concern: Opponents have blocked 19.4 percent of Sullinger’s shots this season, which ranks fifth-worst among NBA players who average at least 15 minutes a night. But Sullinger responded, taking a page out of Glen Davis‘ around-the-basket book, making five of his next nine shots to finish with 11 points and six boards in 19:25 off the bench.

WHAT WENT WRONG

Moore is less: Not that he would have earned this many minutes on the Celtics, but E’Twaun Moore continues to prove he belongs in the NBA, approaching his season average of 11.1 points against his former team. He came into the game ranked among the top 25 shooters in the league from beyond the arc. Perhaps Celtics coach Doc Rivers should have played him more than 8.7 minutes a game last season.

Turd quarter: When Pierce failed to close out on a Moe Harkless 3-pointer, Rivers burned a timeout 1:03 into the third quarter. It didn’t help. The Magic outscored the C’s 34-22 on 76.5 percent shooting in the frame, led by guards Jameer Nelson and J.J. Redick, who combined for 20 points on 8-of-9 shooting in that 12 minutes.

Triple threat: The C’s entered the game allowing opponents to shoot 37.2 percent — the sixth-worst number in the league — and that only stands to get worse after Sunday night. The Magic shot a combined 11-of-26 from beyond the arc, including 4-of-6 during the momentum-swinging third quarter.

Green in the red: After a spectacular night against his former team on Friday night. Jeff Green finished with just one point on 0-for-9 shooting in 20 minutes against Orlando. Outside of an athletic two-handed block in the fourth quarter, he once again made little impact against another sub-.500 team.

Back to top Go down

POST GAME ORLANDO Empty Re: POST GAME ORLANDO

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:05 pm

The Celtics took their foot off the gas to open the 2nd half, and they almost gave away a game they should have won going away.

Having said that, a win is a win.....60 points in the paint, 17 offensive rebounds....I will take it.

Couple of comments:

-Dick Bavetta needs to HANG IT UP....give me a break, the guy cannot keep up with the modern game. He is a day late and a dollar short. Put this guy out to pasture already.

-Barbosa was HUGE. Great D on the ball, great scoring, lots of hustle. Love this guy.

-Lee played great defense and showed me a real spark tonight. Dont care if he scores, he is showing his value and is getting better game by game. I feel the same way with Green. He didnt show up on the score sheet, but feel like it was very much into the game. He rebounded, defended, block a big shot against McRoberts - I dismiss the criticism of him in the above articles.

-KG, Sully, Pierce all played great games. Terry was solid on D - hit a few big shots and overall was solid as well.

The Celtics D still needs work, but I think they have turned the corner and are headed in the right direction. Solid Win.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:19 pm

MrK

The NBA is a joke..........Dick Bavetta is way...way over the hill. The fans...the players all suffer with him on the court. They should have an age limit. Guys in their 60's have a tough time huffing it back and forth let alone at 72.

But an interesting back ground.

Bavetta was born in the Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York on December 10, 1939. His father was an officer for the New York Police Department, and his mother was a homemaker.[3] Bavetta attended Power Memorial Academy in New York City (the same school future NBA star Kareem Abdul-Jabbar attended) and is a 1962 graduate of St. Francis College in New York[1] and played on the schools' basketball teams.[2] He began officiating after his brother, Joe, who officiated for the American Basketball Association, convinced him that it would be an interesting career.[2] A Wall Street broker for Salomon Brothers with an MBA in finance from the New York Institute of Finance, Bavetta began officiating games between fellow brokers in the Wall Street League, played at New York's Downtown Athletic Club, and later worked high school games.[2] For ten years, he officiated Public and Catholic High School leagues in New York and later nine years in the Eastern Professional Basketball League, which later became the Continental Basketball Association.

In mid-1960s, he began to attend regional referee tryouts in the hopes of becoming an NBA referee; however, he was rejected for nine straight years due to his small physique and unimposing size.[3] Bavetta was finally hired by the NBA in 1975 following the retirement of Mendy Rudolph.[8] He debuted December 2, 1975 at Madison Square Garden in an NBA game between the New York Knicks and the Boston Celtics. His first ten years in the league were tough as he was constantly ranked bottom among NBA referees in performance evaluations and led the league in technical fouls and ejections called.[3]
To improve his officiating, Bavetta refereed games for the New Jersey pro league and Rucker League in Harlem during the off-seasons and studied NBA rulebooks. In 1983, he became the first referee to undergo rigorous physical trainings. He ran six to eight miles and took three-hour naps everyday. His effort paid off when he emerged as one of the best referees.[3] In the 1980s, he was named chief referee, who has the power to approve or overrule calls made by other officials. He was assigned to officiate his first playoff game in 1986.[3]

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:56 am

Nothing comes easy for us this year. This should have been duck soup. We just beat a very good Thunder team, had a day off and were playing a team whose entire inside game is their captain, a Big Baby. When Glen Davis is your captain you know you're in rebuilding mode.

My initial feed was the local Orlando sportscast, with Mike Steele and Matt Guokas. Guokas makes Tommy look impartial. After a bit, that link went down and I had to switch to Al Jazeera. I don't speak one word of arabic. That still makes it an upgrade over Guokas.

Our pace was outstanding. We had 52fga in the first half and ended up with 105 after OT. That is a LOT of fga. That's what we want. High volume (105fga), not too many empty possessions (45fg% and only 15 TOs in 53 minutes of play)and timely lockdown defense (we gave up 5 points in the last 5 1/2 minutes and only 8 points in the 5 minute OT. That only 13 points in a critical 10 1/2 minute period). In the OT, we shot 5-9 for 14 points. While that does not extrapolate out to a blistering pace (22fga/12 minutes) it is 34 points/12 minutes. Orlando's 8 points is only 19points/12 minutes. They shot 3-13. In other words, we scored and defended when we had to. That's what champions do.

1. Our backup guards, Lee and The Blur, had the best games as Celtics so far. Let me start with Lee. Lee didn't score much (5 points on 2-4) but his defense was outstanding. He was the closest thing to a lockdown defender either team had on the floor all night. He stuck to JJ Redick like glue in the 1st half and Redick couldn't get it going. In the second half, when Jameer Nelson started to get hot (and Rondo didn't stop him) Doc put Lee on Nelson and Nelson's offense went silent. E'Tuan Moore came out hot, and then Lee got assigned to guard him and Moore got 2 free throws for the rest of the game. Doc needs to have those chats with the players, reminding them what their roles are, more often. Lee definitely got the message.

2. Bobc came on the game on thread briefly, to check the boxscore and say hi, and had to ask about the boxscore on Barbosa. He had 9 points on 4-4 shooting in just 4 minutes. He came out and attacked the hoop and hit a 3. He cruises left, trying to get a pick. If that doesn't work, he reverses and goes right over the pick and, as soon as he sees a gap, rips down the lane in long strides for layups or short bank shots. He is sooooo quick. He ended up playing 11 minutes and was a very efficient 6-8 and 15 points. I also liked his defense. He wasn't Lee, nor is he Bradley, but he was on his man. Better, unfortunately, than Rondo was on his.

3. Sully cleaned up a lot of messes by just working hard. He had 6 rebounds in 19 minutes, all 6 offensive. 6 of his 11 points came off his own offensive rebounds. He's getting rookie calls called on him, but he's proving himself night-in-and-night-out.

4. I feel sorry for Brandon Bass. His outside shot is not going in, and this slump has been going on for a while now. Being the pro he is, though, he works his butt off in every other way to add value to the team. 12 rebounds, 5 of them offensive and solid defense. You see 5-14 and you think "bad night" but that doesn't tell the whole story. Bass was working hard, his fg% just reflects his outside shooting struggles. Inside, he's a brute, and he went inside when he realized it wasn't his night outside. What a pro.

5. After a great game against OKC, Paul Pierce came out again. He was up against Aaron Afflalo. Afflalo is going to be good. I liked this battle. As usual, old age and cunning beats out youth, but it was fun to watch.

6. I didn't understand KG's game last night. Orlando has no interior defense to speak of, and yet, KG would take a dribble away from the hoop to shoot. Yeah, I know his boxscore was huge, 24 points on 10-17 and 10 rebounds (3 offensive) but the truth is that there is nobody on the Magic roster who should have been able to stop him from doing anything he wanted anytime he wanted to do it. Oh well, I should just smile and say "great game, KG!", because it was. It just confounded me, that's all.

7. Jameer Nelson was lost in the first half and then lit Rondo up like a Christmas tree in the 3rd and 4th. He had 12 of Orlando's 20 3rd quarter points. Rondo didn't get up on him even though he was on fire from 3, didn't move his feet to stop him from driving either. Rondo has gone from being an elite defender to mediocre at best. I suppose there has got to be a trade off if Rondo is going to exert himself more on the offensive side of the ball, but how about a little more effort? I hope you enjoyed your big 2nd half, Jameer, because Bradley will be back soon and that won't happen again. As it is, Nelson only had 2 assists and 5 TOs. Remember the year when there was speculation over whether Jameer Nelson or Rajon Rondo would be named to the all-star team (Nelson got injured and Rondo got the nod)? Talk about having your 15 minutes of fame...

8. Big Baby was 3-12, but 9-10 from the line. Still doing his bull-in-a-china-shop imitation. Took a couple of charges, which he now has a rep for doing, but I thought they were questionable. I don't think he gave Barbosa a step on one and I thought he was inside the arc on the other, but whatever, we were in Orlando. He IS Orlando's inside game. McRoberts and Vucevic are not the second coming of Paul Silas and Dave Cowens. Vucevic was the backup center in Philly his rookie year last year. He's a 7' stretch 4. I hate stretch 4s ESPECIALLY when they're your 5.

9. Moe Harkless of St. Johns, who was drafted ahead of Sully and had been projected to perhaps drop to the Celtics, had a nothing game. He has probably never seen someone like Paul Pierce before and probably hopes he never does again. He's averaging 4.5ppg so, technically, he had a good game scoring 5 last night. Let's see...Harkless or Sully, Harkless or Sully...hmmm...Sully!

10. A bad night by JET. Credit a few deflected passes and 3 steals to his defense but otherwise not a good night. Only 5 points on 2-6 shooting in 27 minutes and victimized by Redick who ended up with 21 points on 8-14. I bet if I went back and TiVod the game (assuming I had a TV and TiVo), I'll bet at least 15 of Redick's points came with JET on him. Redick is a phenomenal catch-and-shooter, but he didn't catch with that little bit of daylight when Lee was on him.

11. E'tuan Moore came out onto the floor and hit two quick 3s and a TO in a short period of time. Everybody ooohed and ahhhhed. Then, Lee was put on him. After 18 minutes of play, Moore added 2 more points, on free throws, and 3 more TOs. Moore should shoot. Period. When he tries to play point, he sucks. He left as part of the Lee trade. I'm glad he's getting a shot with another team, but last night Lee had it all over him in every way.

12. Jeff Green was 0-9, 1 point on a free throw, and a rebound. I just don't know what to say about him.

13. Rondo played a good offensive game overall, but with 38 seconds left in regulation, instead of going 2-for-1, Rondo dribbled down to less than 24 seconds and hoisted an airball. Rondo isos, Pierce isos. Too damn many isos when there's enough clock to execute a play. Also, Rondo doesn't seem to grasp the concept of being on the receiving end of a give-and-go. When he gives you the ball, he expects you to finish. If you give the ball back he's surprised. That happened once with JET on a break. He got it back and fumbled it because he wasn't expecting it. The idea is to make the defender choose between you and your wingman. When he chooses your wingman, like he did with that play, expect the ball back. He tried to be nice to Bass and feed him on a 2-on-nothing fast break but it didn't work, Bass didn't make the shot. Rondo should have finished with the uncontested layup, but instead he's ONLY thinking "assist". Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing.

A couple of days off for practice and rest and then we host Brooklyn on Wednesday (I still grapple with "The Brooklyn Nets"). They're 8-4, we're 8-6. Time to beat another good team again.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Watch how quickly Barbosa gets down the floor. The defense had NO chance to catch up. Nelson was a dead duck. The shot went in, and it was a tough shot, but the pressure he put on the Orlando defense with that was big.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Bob

Couple of points where I think you are way off base here.

1) Rondo's pass first mentality is what makes him a great play maker and the best PG in the NBA. I dont care if he overpasses here and there....in the long run, that it the mentality that will make this team successful...so I simply cannot criticize him for doing what it is that makes him great.

2) Your assumption about Reddick scoring most of his point against Jet would be wrong. He hit 7 of his 21 against Terry.

We could argue about Jeff Green, but I feel he played a solid game. He was not assertive offensively, but that in no way diminished what he brought on the defensive end....he had a big block and played good D on a number of possessions. Not where he needs to be, but far from a flop.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 pm

I can't understand why I'm not seeing and hearing more comments on the significance of the 17 offensive rebounds. That number of offensive rebounds are a lot for any team. For the Celtics, it represents the equivalent of running backwards up El Capitan.

But it's not the stat itself that intrigues me. If I'd been a media guy (and hadn't yet committed suicide) at Doc's post-game conference, my first question would have been: "Doc, you've been pretty clear that offensive rebounds are far less important to you than the transition defense you build with your 'fall back quickly' policy. Tonight, led by Sully and Bass, the Celtics got 17 offensive rebounds. And they still held the Magic to 14 transition points. Was it mainly a matter of playing against a shorter team, or are you in the process of moderating that 'fall back' policy? And, if you're not doing that, does a game like this give you any reason to consider moderating the policy?"

After they tossed me out for too wordy a question, I'd have been extremely interested in Doc's response.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Bob

Couple of points where I think you are way off base here.

1) Rondo's pass first mentality is what makes him a great play maker and the best PG in the NBA. I dont care if he overpasses here and there....in the long run, that it the mentality that will make this team successful...so I simply cannot criticize him for doing what it is that makes him great.

2) Your assumption about Reddick scoring most of his point against Jet would be wrong. He hit 7 of his 21 against Terry.

We could argue about Jeff Green, but I feel he played a solid game. He was not assertive offensively, but that in no way diminished what he brought on the defensive end....he had a big block and played good D on a number of possessions. Not where he needs to be, but far from a flop.

MrKleen,

As far as Rondo's pass-first mentality being an asset, I don't disagree. I'm just saying he needs to think "score first". "Scoring" might mean pass, it might mean shoot. In the example I gave I thought he was too unselfish.

As far as JET and Redick goes:

Redick and Lee came in together with 5 minutes left in the first. Redick was 0-1 for the rest of the quarter. In the 2nd quarter, Barbosa gave up 2 fts on a foul on Redick. Redick had a bucket on a driving layup. I remember this play, Lee was on him and trailed him across the lane instead of staying between him and the basket. Redick came out after that and when he came back in he went 2-5 with JET guarding him (the last bucket was that all by himself buzzer beating layup at the half by Redick). It gets muddy in the 3rd quarter because JET and Lee were both in, so who was assigned to Redick and who was assigned to Nelson and Afflalo?

Anyway, I seem to remember JET getting burned a lot by Redick on catch-and-shoots. Might just be my faulty memory.

Rosalie agrees with you on Green. Maybe I'm being harsh. Maybe I need to adjust my expectations. Then again, maybe he should assert himself against a team with a weak frontcourt and not just against his former team (which has a very good front court).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Bob

I dont disagree with Green needing to be more assertive in the long run....but maybe the guy is still not 100%. He had open heart surgery less than a year ago, so I think a bit of patience is in order.

As for Terry - he was out for the second half of the 3rd quarter and all but the last 5 of the 4th....so he was not even on the court when Reddick got most of his points.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Apropos of the "Green Question," I'm re-posting some commentary I made in the Game On Forum to Rosalie about Jeff.

Sam

Rosalie,

Good observation. So far, this has been a season in which the two-thirds of the team who are basically new to the team have experienced struggles in getting in the flow. You can almost see light bulbs going off above their heads as, one after the other, they define their roles to an increasing degree. It has happened with Wilcox, Terry, Sullinger and Barbosa in particular. Bass is not new to the team, but he is in the process of redefining his role and doing a pretty good job of it.

With so many roles being in a state of flux and slowly being clarified, the number of still-available niches is bound to diminish. And, so far, it appears to me that Lee and Green have wound up being on the short end of the stick in terms of being comfortable with where they fit. There are only so many points to go around, particularly because the Celtics are currently scoring 99.3 points per game (or 7.5 more than last season).

I believe Lee is discovering that he can make his presence felt (maybe not so much among fans as among Doc and his teammates) on the defensive end. That's where role niches are readily available, as the team is giving up 100.1 points per game (or 10.8 more than last season). With other Celtics scoring so much, it's difficult to envision him ever being a high scorer with the team.

Green is apparently becoming the 6' 9" runt of the litter. He doesn't have that one singular skill that authoritatively carves out a niche among the leftover niches that might be available. Doing a little bit of everything often eventuates in not doing much of any one thing on a regular basis.

On one hand, I think Jeff's quest for a niche on this team may be complicated by his having to play two very diverse positions—wing and big man. That's a very difficult thing to do because those two positions have very different responsibilities, and sometimes he's switching back and forth between the two positions several times a game.

On the other hand, maybe his unique niche so far is that his versatility. The fact that he plays both dissimilar positions very well could have doubled the effort he is expending to become comfortable in each position within the Celtics system.

And maybe the fact that he has to gain consistency in "finding himself" at each of those two positions is presenting him with twice as much difficulty as teammates in carving out an impact role for himself.

Consistency is a key with Jeff. Actually, he has played some pretty good games. He ranks 7th on the team in minutes per game, but he ranks 5th in scoring per 36 minutes and 4th in blocked shots per 36 minutes. And scoring 8.1 points per game is not all that bad considering that he's on the court less than half the game (22 minutes).

And I haven't even mentioned the health problem that he's coming back from. To those who might feel it was simply a fairly common operation, why don't you sign up to have your chest cracked open and see how long it takes for your legs to get back to normal? Jeff's legs are his game. He's got the health recovery thing, the two position thing, and the lack of available impact niches with the team thing to contend with, plus whatever other personality or motivational issues he may possess.

I hope fans will cut Jeff some slack as he perseveres in his quest. And, in Jeff's case, my definition of "cutting some slack" doesn't mean quitting on the guy after 13 or 23 or even 33 games.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:21 pm

And I haven't even mentioned the health problem that he's coming back from. To those who might feel it was simply a fairly common operation, why don't you sign up to have your chest cracked open and see how long it takes for your legs to get back to normal? Jeff's legs are his game.

Sorry Sam, been there, done that, not again for me.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Good for you, Tardust. Keep that winning streak alive.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 am

Rondo-KG pick-and-roll.

POST GAME ORLANDO E

Another Rondo-KG pick-and-roll connection. CHEMISTRY!

POST GAME ORLANDO H

Textbook fast break off a Rondo steal with JET.

POST GAME ORLANDO F

It's the RAJON RONDO SHOW!!

POST GAME ORLANDO A

Pierce for the trailing 3, after everybody else drags the defense into the paint. How many times have we seen this?

POST GAME ORLANDO G

Rondo, with the big rebounder against a bigger player, going full court and freezing Jameer Nelson. He was too far away from Pierce to close him out and didn't commit to stopping the ball. Bad transition D.

POST GAME ORLANDO I

Barbosa! Plus one!

POST GAME ORLANDO D

Same play, except you get to see Barbosa full court FAST!

POST GAME ORLANDO C

Elbow nicely tucked in.

POST GAME ORLANDO 160

POST GAME ORLANDO 420

Jameer Nelson blocking Jeff Green.

POST GAME ORLANDO 615

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content